They want Madine on a permanent deal.

No matter how good Madine is/isn't he's not got a hope in hell at Sheffield Wednesday as the fans just won't take to him.

I'm sorry that is not true.

The cross section of fans on Owlstalk is not the full representation of Owls fans as a whole, plus, even this Owlstalk lot are a fickle bunch.

Madine comes back firing on all cylinders, it would only take a few games for the fans to get back onside.

I personally think he has something completely different to Nuhiu and May up front and does have a future in the Championship.....at the moment I will not deny I am in a minority, but like I say - fans are fickle and that could change quite easily.

I'm sorry that is not true.

The cross section of fans on Owlstalk is not the full representation of Owls fans as a whole, plus, even this Owlstalk lot are a fickle bunch.

Madine comes back firing on all cylinders, it would only take a few games for the fans to get back onside.

I personally think he has something completely different to Nuhiu and May up front and does have a future in the Championship.....at the moment I will not deny I am in a minority, but like I say - fans are fickle and that could change quite easily.

Yeah actually you're right on that one

I just get the feeling that he's burnt bridges with many fans (on here, Facebook, twitter, in the pubs etc) that's all 

But you're right - a few goals and it's a different story for the rest of the fanbase

Owlstalk Shop

If we can get £200k for a player with 6 months left on his contract that's done nowt apart from get banged up in the last 2 years we should snap tier hands off.

He has ability, but nothing's going to happen here between now and May that will warrant offering him a new deal.

£200k in the grand scheme of things - its almost a total loss at just recouping that much given wages on top of fee's.   I'd still say the potential outways the ultimate total loss.

Yes a gamble, but we've already lost the larger proportion of the gamble in terms of signing on fee so anything now is less so - "just" wages and any future resigning fee.

Score a few goals and he would be goal machine again. Fans would sing it to the roofs. Sadly I don't think that will happen. He's not actually pulling up any trees at cov. Think he will end up one of those players that becomes a legend in his own lunchtime playing in the lower leagues. Shame as he has been given a chance at a big club and fooked it up

No matter how good Madine is/isn't he's not got a hope in hell at Sheffield Wednesday as the fans just won't take to him.

Thats not true at all. The "fans" have taken to people with less talent than he has...

He's pretty much wasted any chance he has of making a decent chance of it here. Maybe he's suited to being the big fish, i dunno. 

This is such a bad situation to be in lol

We can not win here, sign him on a 4 year contract as hes a hot prospect, not worked out for him, now on loan doing well, could come back to us and score and then leave on a free in summer, suppose it was a gamble signing that did not work out! 

we need to try and get some sort of fee back i feel

Madine did fireus to promotion - that was worth his fee alone.

Madine has not covered himself in glory and his agent/uncle the electrician does not help.

The club have not treated him well and I think if we had no intention of playing him we should have got him out on loan earlier with a view to him coming back firing on all cylinders.

Sadly I think he will be another talent we fail to nurture that will go on and succeed elsewhere.

The club have not treated him well??

He could and probably should have been sacked last year.

As it is, he was supported, brought straight back into the fold and has acted like a petulant child when not getting the game time that he thinks he deserves (despite not having a single goal in the championship since before he went to prison). The club's treatment of him has allowed him to walk straight back into the game.

When we got promoted he was probably worth 1.5m. the impact of HIS actions now mean he's worth just about f*ck all, but yeah, lets blame the club.

We aren't going to get any more than £100k for him in January. I still think Madine has the attributes to be a very good Championship striker. I'd like to see him given a run of 6-7 games in a row & see how he goes. I don't see we have that much to lose.

you play what you think is your best side not give a 6-7 game run to someone who´s got the arse because he aint in the team just to prove he isnt/is good enough... ......