3 year kit deal

Guest owl from retford

Wonder if the kit will based on the home torquay one same design just differant colour stripes ??

lol

The biggest market for shirt sales is children, particularly between 7 & 15. I can't see many 10-15 wanting to wear Sondico no matter what the shirt is like.

Give me a generic Adidas kit over a bespoke Sondico kit any day of the week. They are a brand of Sports Direct, who are in sport shop tems what Netto is to the Supermarket world. Its embarassing

Netto is part of Asda now, who are part of Walmart- pretty flippin big corporate retail outfit. Not to be scoffed at. 

Sports Direct are pretty big these days as well. 

I'd be very pleased if Sheffield Wednesday shirts were sold in Sports Direct shops around the UK and EU. Perhaps this is what the club is also looking at- getting the brand in front of many many people, as a value add.

the thread has got to have the highest number of idiotic posts ever. the sondico kit will probably be far better than the sunday league park variety we would get if adidas or nike sowed their logo onto a cheap shirt. kids will buy the shirt adults will buy the shirt same as every year.

the thread has got to have the highest number of idiotic posts ever. the sondico kit will probably be far better than the sunday league park variety we would get if adidas or nike sowed their logo onto a cheap shirt. kids will buy the shirt adults will buy the shirt same as every year.

You haven't read the 11 page Sondico thread then yet.....

How many times.... I have not said people will change clubs! Only kids are not going to rush out to buy sondico!

That's utter tripe. I wore my Bukta kit because it was a Wednesday kit.  I would have wore it whatever the manufacturer.  I wore my Wednesday kit even though it was uncomfortable - it was like sandpaper.  It was because it was a Wednesday kit. 

My guess is that there won't be a significant increase in young United fans buying their kit because its made by Adidas.  Sheffield United's kit was made by Le Coq Sportif (and that's as low dowm the kit manufacturer food chain as you can get) when they were in the premier league but they sold thousands of shirts - not because of the who made it but because the interest in Sheffield United was greater at that point in time. 

The biggest market for shirt sales is children, particularly between 7 & 15. I can't see many 10-15 wanting to wear Sondico no matter what the shirt is like.

Give me a generic Adidas kit over a bespoke Sondico kit any day of the week. They are a

brand of Sports Direct, who are in sport shop tems what Netto is to the Supermarket world. Its embarassing

When I was 10-15 the only shirt I'd have bought was the Wednesday one regardless of who made it and I did just that every season.

Kids who support Wednesday will want the new Wednesday shirt.

From some Carlisle daily rag

Carlisle United will have a new kit manufacturer from next season.

Sondico, a brand of Sports Direct, will take over when the existing deal with FILA expires after Saturday's away game at Wolves.

Sondico will supply United’s first-team and centre of excellence with kit, training wear and accessories for three years.

Carlisle managing director John Nixon said: “We can’t wait to show the fans the shirts for next season. We’ll go into next season with excitement and anticipation.”

Neil Burke, Sondico sales director, said: "Carlisle is a traditional English football club. Its potential is fantastic and we hope to be part of an exciting future for the club."

Guest Deleted member

Carlisle have dropped FILA for Sondico?

I bet their fans are taking pitchforks to the stadium as we speak

If it's a bespoke design, I hope the designers take into account what our heritage is about and focus on classic designs....alternatively they could listen to what is said on OT or just go for a mix of designs from over the years...like an amalgamation of thick stripes, thin stripes, 90's bar code design,solid body and white sleeves....all blended into one big cluster phuck of a jersey!!

Carlisle have dropped FILA for Sondico?

I bet their fans are taking pitchforks to the stadium as we speak

Meanwhile Port Vale drop Sondico after 1 year into a 5 year deal for Errea although when you read the article that could have been a mutual agreement based on potential sales.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-end-contract-kit-manufacturer-Sondico/story-20891977-detail/story.html

Guest AbbeyOwl

If it's a bespoke design, I hope the designers take into account what our heritage is about and focus on classic designs....alternatively they could listen to what is said on OT or just go for a mix of designs from over the years...like an amalgamation of thick stripes, thin stripes, 90's bar code design,solid body and white sleeves....all blended into one big cluster phuck of a jersey!!

panic panic, what if they get it wrong, what if they think we play in red and white. There are some right fanny's on this thread.

From some Carlisle daily rag

Carlisle United will have a new kit manufacturer from next season.

Sondico, a brand of Sports Direct, will take over when the existing deal with FILA expires after Saturday's away game at Wolves.

Sondico will supply United’s first-team and centre of excellence with kit, training wear and accessories for three years.

Carlisle managing director John Nixon said: “We can’t wait to show the fans the shirts for next season. We’ll go into next season with excitement and anticipation.”

Neil Burke, Sondico sales director, said: "Carlisle will be viewed as our flagship club for 2014/15 and we are all excited about the bespoke range of designs Sondico will present and provide at Brunton Park."

That last line sounds familiar.