3 year kit deal

I've got Sondico bibs that I use for my U10's.

Comment from one of my players at training last night when we got bibs out...

"We've got same sponsor as Wednesday"

:biggrin:

Straight away one of them can relate to it. They couldn't give a flying it's not Adidas. He was just happy he was wearing something to do with Wednesday.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Adidas is obviously a much cooler brand but i trust MM to make the right business decision on this and im not that sure the brand has that much impact on sales. Yes a Adidas track top with the SWFC badge would have been nice but hey just buy a blue one without the badge for a third of the price if that floats your boat.

Adidas is obviously a much cooler brand but i trust MM to make the right business decision on this and im not that sure the brand has that much impact on sales. Yes a Adidas track top with the SWFC badge would have been nice but hey just buy a blue one without the badge for a third of the price if that floats your boat.

actually it really is much better isnt it 

1592528.jpg1288535219615.jpgsixten_bostrom.jpg

Guest 5512uto

Gutted, i wanted the little kids in the factory in Bangladesh to put a little tick on our shirts instead of a sondico label, boo Milan out

It's the place that sells everything for mainstream sports from the most popular to 'budget' at a reasonable price. For football, you have just about everything for every brand.

There are a lot of chavtastic clothes in Sportdirect but, if your buying footy gear, you'd be a fool to shop anywhere else.

I dunno, you could go to decathlon and not feel the need to check when your last tetanus was when you leave

actually it really is much better isnt it 

1592528.jpg1288535219615.jpgsixten_bostrom.jpg

Yep.  Tell me, how many tournaments has the football super-power that is Finland qualified for? 

Lots of teams have Adidas as kit their manufacturer and my guess is that this "frustration" with Sondico is partly fuelled by our neighbours being sponsored by them.  I say this:

"You can put lipstick on a pig but, at the end of the day, its still a pig". 

Edited by shandypants

their kit does look better than Sondicos. I would guess SWFC is a similar size market in theory to the Finnish national side. 

Those track tops shown above on Forssell and the just sacked manager do look smart to me... all about the stripes imo

their kit does look better than Sondicos. I would guess SWFC is a similar size market in theory to the Finnish national side.

Those track tops shown above on Forssell and the just sacked manager do look smart to me... all about the stripes imo

How do you know that?  We don't have our kit yet.  It may end up looking rubbish but then it may be the most pouplar kit ever. 

How do you know that?  We don't have our kit yet.  It may end up looking rubbish but then it may be the most pouplar kit ever. 

indeed but i wasnt on about just the playing kit but the other merchandise that Adidas supplies such as polos, track tops, jackets etc. There is no coincidence that most popular clubs go with the best know brands, all about associated brand image etc and im not sure that Sondeco align with the brand identity most fans see our club as.

On a business side im sure MM has the best deal for the club so im happy with that but you only have to look back at the "banter" we had with United re our perceived image of them having the Macron brand

indeed but i wasnt on about just the playing kit but the other merchandise that Adidas supplies such as polos, track tops, jackets etc. There is no coincidence that most popular clubs go with the best know brands, all about associated brand image etc and im not sure that Sondeco align with the brand identity most fans see our club as.

On a business side im sure MM has the best deal for the club so im happy with that but you only have to look back at the "banter" we had with United re our perceived image of them having the Macron brand

Nobody mentioned Le Coq Sportif when Sheffield United were in the premier league. They had more "column inches" in all of the media than we did during that season.  The increase in their brand image was brought about purely by their achievement on the pitch. 

In terms of the popular clubs going with the best known brands:

Typically, it is the manufacturers that approach the Manchester Uniteds, Real Madrids and Bayern Munichs of this world and those teams become the "Flagships" of those brands - its based upon the teams' popularity not the brand's - do you believe that Liverpool sought out Warrior to be their kit provider?  Every other team go for the best deal they can.  Our fan's, myself included, would most probably prefer Adidas to Sondico if the value of the deal for the club was the same but my guess is that if signing with Sondico means more money into the club then our fans will be happy to go with Sondico

Edited by shandypants

Guest AbbeyOwl

not doubting MMs ability to chose the correct deal, just hope he has factored in the additional spend a brand such as Adidas would have brought into the club in terms of leisure wear etc. 

As the club will earn money out of leisurewear with SWFC on it I really dont think people would wear more stuff because it is made by Adidas, the people who buy the shirt / kit will buy it.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Can't believe some people on here moaning about who makes our kit, FFS no-one has a clue what it looks like yet, but still moan, moan, moan, can't be any worse than the standard puma template, as long as the club get a good deal and hopefully the kits sell to the kids and big kids then its all good IMO

I'm moaning about people moaning aint I......... :blush:

You know what I hate its those people that come on here moaning about other people moaning when it is them that are moaning and the other people are actually just complaining wait a minute..........................

As the club will earn money out of leisurewear with SWFC on it I really dont think people would wear more stuff because it is made by Adidas, the people who buy the shirt / kit will buy it.

I think you may be underestimating the power of Adidas over Sondico. Would i buy say a Adidas tracktop = yes, would i buy a Sondeco top = probably not tbh

4a527532-faf2-47ce-b496-b61ab63f56b3.jpg

Re first kit doesnt really matter as those that buy shirts will continue to do so but imo Adidas are the brand leader and have the  most fashionable ranges

Edited by modboy

Guest AbbeyOwl

I think you may be underestimating the power of Adidas over Sondico. Would i buy say a Adidas tracktop = yes, would i buy a Sondeco top = probably not tbh

4a527532-faf2-47ce-b496-b61ab63f56b3.jpg

Re first kit doesnt really matter as those that buy shirts will continue to do so but imo Adidas are the brand leader and have the  most fashionable ranges

Fashion conscious people dont wear replica shirts