3 year kit deal

Guest LEGEND

love how we are saying that "its a great deal"... do we actually know the financials of say our deal versus United... nope

A question on that front, -;

How do deals work with the kit makers. I know sponsorships can bring funds into the club per annum etc.

But for the actual kit suppliers, do we pay them? Do they pay us?

I know we are advertising a brand, but they are also supplying a kit with their brand on.

How does it work?

Pretty excited by this deal to say the least. To be the club that Sondico want to lead there football kits is quite brilliant.

As long as its blue and white strips (front and back) I'll be happy.

Looking forward to see what design they bring out for us, hopefully we'll see a new style / colour away kit. Had enough of the orange and yellow ones.

Maybe a purple or black again would be nice.

Or maybe a simular design to the third kit we wore once this season. (The white one)

Good times.

Clearly you're one for making bold statements.

A question on that front, -;

How do deals work with the kit makers. I know sponsorships can bring funds into the club per annum etc.

But for the actual kit suppliers, do we pay them? Do they pay us?

I know we are advertising a brand, but they are also supplying a kit with their brand on.

How does it work?

be amazed if we got say 1% of this amount http://www.businessofsoccer.com/2014/01/27/puma-and-arsenal-sign-reported-5-year-150-million-kit-sponsorship-deal/

Time will tell. As said be interesting to actually know the figures before we all make presumptions that Sondico IS a better deal than say Adidas or Macron etc.

love how we are saying that "its a great deal"... do we actually know the financials of say our deal versus United... nope

No, we don't.  FFS man. When was the last time you were in the Owls Megastore?  We don't have the brand identity of an Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester Utd and we definitely don't sell the same number of shirts. We make significantly less than fvuck all from the sales of our kit and going with a big name manufacturer would, maybe, take our sales profit up to fvuck all.  Any deal that we negotiate will be based upon the fee that the manufacturer pays us for the right to supply our kit - my guess is that Sondico offered more anybody else. 

A kit manufacturer won't just turn up and say "Do you want us to supply your kit? Here's the amount we will offer you". They'll turn up with suggeted up-front payment, manufacturing cost per batch amount, profiit margin per number sold, predicted sales numbers, and brand exposure opportunities. 

Regarding brand exposure: If we are trying to increase exposure to our brand then Sondico is a good choice because of the link with SportsDirect - OK, our kit might not be stocked initiailly in all SportsDirect but you can guarentee that it will be if supply outstrips demand.  If it is sold in the South Yorkshire and North Midalnd SportsDirect then there is a greater chance to sell more shirts.  Look at the Club shop now - there's hundreds of Puma (a prestige brand) SWFC shirts unsold and hanging on the pegs in there.  If they would have been sondico kits, you can bet your bottom dollar that they would be on sale in all of the SportsDirect shops. 

You should have a think because, IMO, your current viewpoint is absolute tripe. 

Guest AbbeyOwl

Is it time to find something else to moan over? Even im bored and that takes something.

Have we moaned about the pies this week? What about half time entertainment? Those young girls could be cuter.. hmmm there must be something more fun to moan about, the band, feeling all apathetic on the moaning front. Need a summer off it seems

Guest AbbeyOwl

Does it actually matter to us the fans................. nope.

when you go in your favourite cinema does it matter who supplies the popcorn and does Centertainment get a better deal out of their popcorn than Odeon?

No, we don't.  FFS man. When was the last time you were in the Owls Megastore?  We don't have the brand identity of an Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester Utd and we definitely don't sell the same number of shirts. We make significantly less than fvuck all from the sales of our kit and going with a big name manufacturer would, maybe, take our sales profit up to fvuck all.  Any deal that we negotiate will be based upon the fee that the manufacturer pays us for the right to supply our kit - my guess is that Sondico offered more anybody else. 

A kit manufacturer won't just turn up and say "Do you want us to supply your kit? Here's the amount we will offer you". They'll turn up with suggeted up-front payment, manufacturing cost per batch amount, profiit margin per number sold, predicted sales numbers, and brand exposure opportunities. 

Regarding brand exposure: If we are trying to increase exposure to our brand then Sondico is a good choice because of the link with SportsDirect - OK, our kit might not be stocked initiailly in all SportsDirect but you can guarentee that it will be if supply outstrips demand.  If it is sold in the South Yorkshire and North Midalnd SportsDirect then there is a greater chance to sell more shirts.  Look at the Club shop now - there's hundreds of Puma (a prestige brand) SWFC shirts unsold and hanging on the pegs in there.  If they would have been sondico kits, you can bet your bottom dollar that they would be on sale in all of the SportsDirect shops. 

You should have a think because, IMO, your current viewpoint is absolute tripe. 

you didnt answer the question.

The reason people are saying Adidas etc are rubbish is because United have them and they are jealous.

We have no real demand for shirts outside of the normal fan base so dont see the point of selling a SWFC in a Newcastle branch of Sports Direct.

No one knows the deal so before you start getting personal perhaps we should wait to see whats what. An opinion is an opinion, I prefer Adidas as think they are more fashionable and think United have done the right things aligning their brand with Adidas, if the Sonidco deal brings in 100ks more in revenue then thats fantastic also, but at the moment no one knows the ins and outs.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Milan's no mug, he'll have got the best deal possible for Sheffield Wednesday Milan Mandaric

Guest AbbeyOwl

The reason people are saying Adidas etc are rubbish is because United have them and they are jealous.

We have no real demand for shirts outside of the normal fan base so dont see the point of selling a SWFC in a Newcastle branch of Sports Direct.

No one knows the deal so before you start getting personal perhaps we should wait to see whats what. An opinion is an opinion, I prefer Adidas as think they are more fashionable and think United have done the right things aligning their brand with Adidas, if the Sonidco deal brings in 100ks more in revenue then thats fantastic also, but at the moment no one knows the ins and outs.

You really are quite thick aren't you, we have already established replica kit and adults wearing it isnt fashionable, whether it is made by Nike, Adidas or Sondico. No more replica kits will be sold, so what exactly is your point. 

Who knows most about what is best for revenue you or Milan Mandaric??

I am not saying Adidas is rubbish - its a top brand and of course i would like the kit to be made by them but imo, your assertions about leisurewear and Adidas looking better are wrong. 

If i appear to get personal then please accept my apologies.  I'll buy you a beer the next time I'm in Helsinki. 

You really are quite thick aren't you, we have already established replica kit and adults wearing it isnt fashionable, whether it is made by Nike, Adidas or Sondico. No more replica kits will be sold, so what exactly is your point. 

Erm no im not thick, i see the value in creating secondary spend for clubs be that attractive leisure wear, in stadium entertainment or other events. IMO at the moment we are rubbish at all three of these compared to our peers such as Leeds United and other similar sized clubs.

Ive said many times I trust MM to know what hes doing but that doesnt mean that he still cant improve and this is a message board to discuss all things SWFC. What else is there to talk about at the moment and tbh this topic interests me.

I am not saying Adidas is rubbish - its a top brand and of course i would like the kit to be made by them but imo, your assertions about leisurewear and Adidas looking better are wrong. 

If i appear to get personal then please accept my apologies.  I'll buy you a beer the next time I'm in Helsinki. 

As I said all about opinions, lets wait and see, hope im proven wrong  :cool:

I think we've beat up ModBoy too much now. Plus, i think the "thick" comment was a bit "off". 

I think we've beat up ModBoy too much now. Plus, i think the "thick" comment was a bit "off". 

its ok im used to arguing my corner, all just opinions of mine, no facts, just know we need to increase revenues

Anyhow its past 5 here... off to the pub