3 year kit deal

Guest AbbeyOwl

Wonder if Adidas know the pigs are trying to re sign a convicted rapist.

Well I was told Adidas stands for

All Day I Dream About Sex

As Im sure Ched is doing exactly that and frothing at the mouth thinking about all the teenage girls in Adidas Football shirts I am sure Adidas will be delighted lol

This is all well and good as long as Mike Ashley don't sell up at Newcastle and come here.

Seems like they could sell shirts in Sports Direct, They got stores In Ireland, France, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Portugal.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

This is all well and good as long as Mike Ashley don't sell up at Newcastle and come here.

Seems like they could sell shirts in Sports Direct, They got stores In Ireland, France, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Portugal.

Stupidest post of the day.

I liked Puma bt they did go down hill. That does not justify getting a cheap crap manufacturer. Think on this switch are shiny new kit maker with the silly Piggies how much crap would you all give them and its a good point with kids. Image is everything pigs have addidas and we have equivalent of Sunday league side. That will get those kids wanting one and wearing it with pride. Short term filling his own pockets till he sells us cheers Milan

Both of my Grandad's supported Wednesday, my uncles on both sides of the family supported Wednesday, my mother (no longer with us) supported Wednesday, my Dad supports Wednesday, I support Wednesday and my daughter supports Wednesday.  None of that support wavered because of the association with a 'lesser' kit manufacturer.  As a child, I wore my Bukta kit with pride and so did all of my friends - not because it was Bukta but because it was a Wednesday kit. 

"Man up"!

Can anyone explain the difference between bespoke and a template?

To me, bespoke means made for us, designed by us. As there is too little time for a proper fans survey, the design will be knocked up and agreed between Sondico and the SWFC Marketing dept. So we will get what we are given, maybe good, maybe crap. And our bespoke design will become Yeovil or Port Vale or whoever's template kit. No one outside Swfc will know that our kit is bespoke unless it is also exclusive.

The club’s head of retail Peter Pridmore added: “Sondico are one of the fastest growing brands within the football sector and forecast to be a major player within the market as they develop and enhance their broad range of products.

“Sheffield Wednesday will be viewed as their flagship club for 2014-15 and we are all excited about the bespoke range of designs Sondico will present and provide at Hillsborough.”

The club’s head of retail Peter Pridmore added: “Sondico are one of the fastest growing brands within the football sector and forecast to be a major player within the market as they develop and enhance their broad range of products.

“Sheffield Wednesday will be viewed as their flagship club for 2014-15 and we are all excited about the bespoke range of designs Sondico will present and provide at Hillsborough.”

Guest Deleted member

The biggest market for shirt sales is children, particularly between 7 & 15. I can't see many 10-15 wanting to wear Sondico no matter what the shirt is like.

Give me a generic Adidas kit over a bespoke Sondico kit any day of the week. They are a brand of Sports Direct, who are in sport shop tems what Netto is to the Supermarket world. Its embarassing

Edited by mark.flem

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The biggest market for shirt sales is children, particularly between 7 & 15. I can't see many 10-15 wanting to wear Sondico no matter what the shirt is like.

Give me a generic Adidas kit over a bespoke Sondico kit any day of the week. They are a brand of Sports Direct, who are in sport shop tems what Netto is to the Supermarket world. Its embarassing

Really?? A kid waint want a Wednesday kit cos it's Sondico? utter frigging tosh!

Why is it embarrassing? 

What difference does it make?

The kit manufacturers won't make a difference to shirt sales. The only thing that will make a difference is the design of the kits. If they are nice then people will buy them. Take this year for example, do you think people bought the awful kit because it was made by puma? or do you think people bought it because it's a Wednesday kit? Many people will have been put off by the design and not bought it. They wouldn't have thought "That kits awful but I'm going to buy it anyway just because it's Puma"

Can't attempt to make it any simpler than that 

**And the sad/embarrassing part is grown men getting annoyed by this

Edited by EcclesallOwl

I don't get the kids won't wear sondico argument, they won't give 2 brass f^^ks who makes it aslong as it's the same as what their favourite player wears

Understand people questionning if its a brand we want to be associated with from a business point of view though.

It's easy to bench mark this against the previous agreement with Genesis (especially with last seasons home shirt being the worst I can remember).

Would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind the selection process, apart from the 'bespoke' kit offering.

You don't see many clubs taking the sondico option at our level do you.

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Erm..... What's going to be the best deal:

A). Sign with Adidas, who will offer 2nd/3rd tier teams a basic "take it or leave it" package, because all they care about is Chelsea etc. let's be honest, they won't have negotiated one jot with United.

B) be the primary customer with Sondico, keen to grow into the market and no doubt offering generous terms and bespoke designs to the biggest club in their stable.

Milan went for B, because that's brings the best revenues into the club.

I'm not going to disagree with him as he's built a billion dollar business and I have not, he's run several football clubs and I have never run one.