3 year kit deal

Portfolio of over 10 clubs ha ha

That's. 9.2% share of the available market in the UK, I wish I had that share of the UK market in my game I would then sponsor the kit myself!

There are some good bargains to be had in sports direct, however there is also a load of crap

Need to be careful with our brand

Looking forward to being classed as flagship though

this shirts gunna look smart wi mi Lonsdale trainers

Guest pembo55

I think I'm the only person who thinks there Kira look alright tbh. But what I noticed all teams except Yeovil have there sponsor uncoordinated into the shirt, but yeoviks is stuck on after hope we get our arses in gear and follow this trend.

Guest Big Guns

Would be great to see the megastore turned into a Sports Direct style outlet, full of sportswear and trainers etc, but all dedicated to making money for Sheffield Wednesday

low quality crap thats wot id expect from rotherham were lonsdale etc is the major fashion label 

we need to be at least a JD Sports

Although I have seen any Yeovil, Port Vale, Torquay, Portsmouth or MK Dons shirts for sale in Sports Direct!!

Secondly I hadn't realised they were part of sport direct. Does that mean shirts will be available in stores again? If so it is a good thing as it increases our exposure to young fans.

Expect decisions about sales outlets will be part of the agreement.  So they could be in Sports Direct shops but suspect the club will want to limit retail outlets to their own.

Edited by philby

I hope the quality is better than the stuff you get in sports direct. I once bought a few pairs of cheap sondico socks and your toes can rip through the end of them by just pulling them on!

This deal just seems to me of another way of making a slight profit whilst disregarding the quality of goods. Lets face it (and as Aldridge has already mentioned in the past) shirt sales hardly make the club a MASSIVE amount of money to spend on the 1st team

Hang on, have you actually seen the quality of the puma kits we've had? Absolutely awful!

If the kits are a better quality than what we've currently got, and it makes us more money, what's the problem?

Guest wilyfox

I look forward to their new kit designs for us. It's confirmed on the OS now; hopefully people will get used to the idea. I'd rather be the flagship club of an ambitious up and coming brand than a template moron of an ailing giant like Puma.

Sondico always used to be the goalkeeper gloves of choice when I was a kid!

Given the crap we've had from Puma recently and the Adidas/Nike templates (see Stoke and Barnsley respectively) of having a plain shirt and just lumping the badge and sponsor on, I'm looking forward to see what we get as a 'flagship' club from Sondico - in terms of design and quality.

Ultimately, whatever the best deal is for Sheffield Wednesday is good for me.

buy the big brands you pay for the name , they are all probably made in some sweatshop in the far east just different bloomin lables ,

If sondico is a good enough deal for the club and design the kit right whats the problem ,

Guest wilyfox

I'd have thought the preference to move away from Puma was unanimous, so let's give Sondico a go.

Guest wilyfox

Anybody fancy knocking up some kit designs

If I had the software to do it, I'd ave a go. Looks like fun.

Guest _Ibbo_

Loads of people slag sports direct off...

If you want actual cheap sports gear, which is beig used for sport, i.e. Dirty, getting wet, constantly washed and dried, its perfect in that the stuff is so cheap and decent its brilliant.

Genuinely can't fault the stuff in sports direct. 

Guest wilyfox

Can't understand people slamming puma: Admittedly the last 2 have been abit lazy.

Understatement. To go from the quality designs of 2011/12 to our following championship designs was a nose-dive.

Guest Deleted member

Puma has been no better than what we had before. If thats what 'belonging' to a major recognised brand means - I'm happy to go elsewhere to a brand that will hopefully recognise that quality is important.

Can anyone explain the difference between bespoke and a template?

To me, bespoke means made for us, designed by us. As there is too little time for a proper fans survey, the design will be knocked up and agreed between Sondico and the SWFC Marketing dept. So we will get what we are given, maybe good, maybe crap. And our bespoke design will become Yeovil or Port Vale or whoever's template kit. No one outside Swfc will know that our kit is bespoke unless it is also exclusive.