3 year kit deal

They said "respected brand", when all I hear is people taking the wee wee out of Sondico.

It's a bit annoying that we are with such a low brand, however we will get a unique kit unlike other teams

It's an issue of perception vs business I think. Clubs who want a top brand don't get a good deal or a good kit, but they get to say they have the provider.

A lesser brand often provides a better deal, it's no coincidence that more and more clubs are going away from the traditional brands to the likes of warrior, joma, bukta, macron, sondico etc even at this level.

A nike or adidas one would have been nice but judging by the price of the new England kit would it really be a good idea for a championship club with a limited budget to splash out on nike? Probably not

i just hope we'll get the kit out early his year instead of weeing about like last year

surely the only people bothered will be the under 15 year olds who still ware the kit

And me BG

I boycotted the "Everton shirt being pulled out of a Tesco bag"

Can't wait to see what the Sondico shirt will be like

If I like it, I will buy it

Nothing better than walking through Leeds/Bradford airport wearing a Wednesday shirt.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Two random points:

Sports Direct owning Sondico doesn't mean they'll stock our kits; the one nearest me doesn't even have Newcastle kits who are a bit closer linked to Sports Direct than us

Perfectly happy to go with a cheaper company becauseI can't fathom how it is difficult to produce a kit for us. Blue and white stripes, black trim, black shorts. Just go and do that.

Guest Big Guns

And me BG

I boycotted the "Everton shirt being pulled out of a Tesco bag"

Can't wait to see what the Sondico shirt will be like

If I like it, I will buy it

Nothing better than walking through Leeds/Bradford airport wearing a Wednesday shirt.

just remember the best ever kit was the old bukta one im sure that was never a top brand was it ,its wot it looks like wots important

I wasn't tempted with this years for my collection even when vastly reduced.

Understandable. Probably because it wasn't actually a Wednesday kit. Surely it's not that hard to do a footy kit with blue and white stripes is it? Apparently it is.

I expect that even Sondico can't stuff it up as much as Puma did last time out. If the Club was responsible for choosing that template option then that's very, very disappointing.

Would be great to see the megastore turned into a Sports Direct style outlet, full of sportswear and trainers etc, but all dedicated to making money for Sheffield Wednesday

That's a cracking idea - or even a sports direct outlet where they can pay us rental and a share of the profit they make.  Let's face it, stuff in our club shop is sold at a snail's pace; we may as well outsource it.  I buy the majority of my 5-a-side kit from SportsDirect and would definitely do so at the club shop if that was converted into one.  It would be ideally positioned also for things like gym kit - there's two big gyms 400 yards in either direction along Penistone/Halifax Road - you could advertise in those.