3 year kit deal

Sheffield Wednesday today announced their new sporting kit manufacturer will be Sondico, a brand of Sports Direct.

Sondico will provide the Owls’ first team, development squad and academy with all kit and leisurewear for a three-year period from the 2014/15 campaign.

It adds Wednesday to their portfolio of over 10 Football League clubs.

Neil Burke, Sondico’s Professional Sales Director, said: “Sheffield Wednesday are a huge club, not just in England but across Europe and beyond too.

“We are extremely proud to confirm a partnership with a football club of this stature and look forward to seeing the results of these two major sporting brands unite moving forward.”

Peter Pridmore, the Owls’ head of retail, added: “We are delighted to confirm this affiliation with Sondico, who for many years have been a recognised and respected brand within football.

“Over the last few years in particular, the company have dramatically increased their provision of football-related merchandise, producing replica kit and training wear for a number of professional clubs.

“Sondico are one of the fastest growing brands within the football sector and forecast to be a major player within the market as they develop and enhance their broad range of products.

“Sheffield Wednesday will be viewed as their flagship club for 2014/15 and we are all excited about the bespoke range of designs Sondico will present and provide at Hillsborough.”

Firstly source?

Secondly I hadn't realised they were part of sport direct. Does that mean shirts will be available in stores again? If so it is a good thing as it increases our exposure to young fans.

If the in sports direct you might be able to grab them for a tenner?

Firstly source?

Secondly I hadn't realised they were part of sport direct. Does that mean shirts will be available in stores again? If so it is a good thing as it increases our exposure to young fans.

Source - Sheffield Star, it's on their website

Guest mrbluesky

Firstly source?

Star

The key bit is the last paragraph. Were a flagship club for them and will get a bespoke design, probably worth more lone for us too. Unfortunately we wouldn't get that treatment from the established brands.

I said exactly that on a previous thread about kits. With Arsenal's Puma deal we would have got the scraps. When you are the biggest brand in a portfolio, you get to call the shots.

Although I have seen any Yeovil, Port Vale, Torquay, Portsmouth or MK Dons shirts for sale in Sports Direct!!

Quite happy with it tbh. I'm sure some will have wanted Adidas or Nike etc but this seems a good deal for the club, Milan Mandaric wouldn't have agreed it if it wasn't I'm confident of that.

Plus if we get our shirts in sports direct all over the nation it can't be bad can it.

Being the 'flagship' design too means hopefully more effort will go into the design from sondico and ours can look a bit different, rather than it be puma, Nike or Adidas who have loads of other clubs and they all look alike.

Some people will probably still moan though about this though

lol

Quite pleased to be honest.

I like the bit that says we are their flagship club.

They're going to spoil us rotten.

Plus, our kits will be on every High St in the land, can't be bad.

Nowt makes you more proud than walking into a Sports Direct outlet somewhere in another part of Britain, and seeing Wednesday kits being sold alongside those of Man Utd, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Man Urd fans will be pleased to see their kit alongside kits of such World famous clubs like Sheffield Wednesday too.

“Sheffield Wednesday will be viewed as their flagship club for 2014/15 and we are all excited about the bespoke range of designs Sondico will present and provide at Hillsborough.”

Give me that over pumas generic guff any day !