Chinese Takeaway ?

Guest Distraught!

Are you so naive to think there will not be any loopholes?

What happens if the players are signed on megabucks deals for a club in a third party country that is not covered by the FFP rules e.g. China then either loaned to a club in England or sent on free transfers?

Ken Bates found a loophole in the rules when he placed into adminstation at a time when he knew LUFC would be relegated without the 10 point deduction, the FL changed the rules the next season.

Ken bates found another loophole when he exited administration without a CVA, the FL, although no rules had been broken, deducted 15 points and changed the rules the next season.

Naive? no.

Ken Bates found a loophole in the rules when he placed into adminstation at a time when he knew LUFC would be relegated without the 10 point deduction, the FL changed the rules the next season.

Ken bates found another loophole when he exited administration without a CVA, the FL, although no rules had been broken,

deducted 15 points and changed the rules the next season.

Naive? no.

Different circumstances. Have Watford been punished for their loan system last year? No.

Guest Distraught!

What I do know with 100% certainty is the one nationality of people that will not be bound by international rules and conventions is the Chinese. They already infringe practically every international convention already. I don't think the FFP rules will be too much of an obstacle to them and they will have no scruples whatsoever in rewriting the rules in their favour. Take that from someone with more than a little knowledge of the way that Chinese go about their business.

I just spoke to the teachers in the Mandarin department at my work, they confirmed that this rumour is indeed true before offering me a spring roll and a glass of jasmine tea to celebrate.

We're back, we are fucking back *******.

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

Different circumstances. Have Watford been punished for their loan system last year? No.

Not punished no because they didn't break any rules, they found a loophole. The rules are being changed for season 13/14 though.

My point was that this is the Football Leagues project, they can alter ammend or change the rules, if given a majority backing, at any time.

Edited by just visiting

Guest On Fire

Not punished but the rules are being changed for season 13/14.

Looks like weve even managed to flip up at getting taken over then

I agree with Just Visiting. I can see a few clubs getting in to trouble trying circumvent the rules. A wealthy owner would help facilitate improving our turnover... which is exactly what we need... but that's about all it would do. Who can say for sure though. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

The fans who post on Owlsmad are Sheffield Wednesday supporters, the same as you and me.

Their opinions are no less valid than yours.

I never suggested otherwise. There does however appear to be an obsession with our illustrious neighbours on that forum. Edited by fatzooma

Is this another rumour like the one L**ds started when they had sold Snodgrass and wanted to cheer up their fans into thinking we were interested in buying Norris?

The L**ds press even had Norris coming to Hillsborough for talks and a medical when the whole Wednesday squad, manager, chairman and vice chairman were over in Portugal trying to sort out a deal with Reading for Antonio?

The problem with this story is that it is feasible. I asked Aldridge at the last forum whether MM would accept any part investment from fans groups or similar, as a means to move the club on and raise capital for player investment. Aldridge said that MM was not interested in selling small percentages of say 10% of the club, but might be interested in larger sums of investment that would free up significant capital, although he would not want the club to become unsaleable as it was before and would prefer to sell to a single investor or partnership. The parting comment was that the club would listen to any realistic offers, but were unlikely to consider any offers that would not have the effect of moving the club forwards.

Makes sense to me if mandaric sells 30% and takes a back seat on the forthcoming season. Then come summer 2014 they take full ownership.

Which would show mm as always said he wont sell to anybody so it enables a smoother transaction. And maybe get MM abit more money for the remaining 70% if we are in the playoffs or above

Nothing of any significance will be happening in the near future.

MM has had talks with various parties over the last few months, not Chinese but certainly Asiatic people. No deal is imminent.

All senior figures at the club are away at the moment.

BELIEVE.