Chinese Takeaway ?

First of all this is not WUM in any way, just a true reflection of a conversation I was party to at a sportsmans dinner in Manchester last night.

The conversation, with a senior club official, was not in confidence so i feel justified repeating part of it in open forum.

The gist of it was that we, SWFC, are at an advanced stage in negotiations for a proposed takeover by a consortium of Chinese/Americans.

This culminated last Wednesday with a visit to Hillsborough, amidst much excitment, of 6 major players from said consortium.

Things are now at a very interesting stage as MM has changed his plans for this weekend to have further talks in London with these guys.

Thats as much as was learned and as I said is an honest appraisal of a coversation I was party to.

We were also told that the 6'6" Croat striker was at Hillsborough last week for contract talks.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

First of all this is not WUM in any way, just a true reflection of a conversation I was party to at a sportsmans dinner in Manchester last night.

The conversation, with a senior club official, was not in confidence so i feel justified repeating part of it in open forum.

The gist of it was that we, SWFC, are at an advanced stage in negotiations for a proposed takeover by a consortium of Chinese/Americans.

This culminated last Wednesday with a visit to Hillsborough, amidst much excitment, of 6 major players from said consortium.

Things are now at a very interesting stage as MM has changed his plans for this weekend to have further talks in London with these guys.

Thats as much as was learned and as I said is an honest appraisal of a coversation I was party to.

We were also told that the 6'6" Croat striker was at Hillsborough last week for contract talks.

I was told it was an initial investment of 20/30% by the Chinese who have had 3 trips over.

I was told it was an initial investment of 20/30% by the Chinese who have had 3 trips over.

Apparantly MM not interested in part ownership, looking for full takeover !

Guest On Fire

Impossible to say with foreign investors - especially with the FFP in place.

Will reserve judgement!

True Milans foreign and he's not invested too much

But he only bought us to sell on and make a profit

The conversation, with a senior club official, was not in confidence so i feel justified repeating part of it in open forum.

This culminated last Wednesday with a visit to Hillsborough, amidst much excitment, of 6 major players from said consortium.

You listen to all the "experts", journalists, sports reporters, former players etc, talking and they all say the German model is the one to follow. We've had people on here saying we should be able to stand inside stadia, because they can stand in German stadia, and the German are the ones who know what they're doing in terms of running football clubs.

In German football the ownership of football clubs by foreigners is not allowed, and also,if a club finds itself in debt to the tune of 6 million euro they are automatically relegated.

The football clubs are properly run, by German people, and it seems to work brilliantly.

Personally, I'd rather not see our club taken over by Chinese or american business men, who have no interest in the club or the supporters. We've had one foreign owner, who saved us from going out of existence, but if he is going to sell the club, I'd rather it wasn't to more foreigners.

Guest Distraught!

Nobody will score any goals against us from free kicks - we will have such a Great Wall behind us.

Kee  Ran Lee for captain! :rolleyes:

You listen to all the "experts", journalists, sports reporters, former players etc, talking and they all say the German model is the one to follow. We've had people on here saying we should be able to stand inside stadia, because they can stand in German stadia, and the German are the ones who know what they're doing in terms of running football clubs.

In German football the ownership of football clubs by foreigners is not allowed, and also,if a club finds itself in debt to the tune of 6 million euro they are automatically relegated.

The football clubs are properly run, by German people, and it seems to work brilliantly.

Personally, I'd rather not see our club taken over by Chinese or american business men, who have no interest in the club or the supporters. We've had one foreign owner, who saved us from going out of existence, but if he is going to sell the club, I'd rather it wasn't to more foreigners.

Agree fully. The German model of running football clubs is the way forward. I spent a week in Frankfurt recently and visited their stadium and training facilities beside the stadium, very impressive.