Chinese Takeaway ?

Just been sent a sneak preview of the new kit.

To be honest, I'm not convinced. I know it's important to appeal to the Asian market, but it's a step too far for me.

a0de67dd62132e37d9.jpg

Have you been peeking!

Interesting. A few posters I trust in this thread saying stuff so maybe there's summat in it. I'll be arsed if I'm getting involved on here like last time though. Far too stressful.

Shame the usual suspects have returned though. Some people have boring lives seemingly.

Certain posters considered trustworthy or ITK were also often proved horrifically wrong even if they had good intentions.

Remember, takeovers happen - they are not merely speculated over.

I repeat...

If someone wants to take us over they will do it, not run to the press or a football forum to tell everyone.

This all makes sense now. I was in jumbo Chinese buffet last week, and these two Chinese businessmen were on the table next to us, and I overheard one of em talking on the phone, and he said

'terra dat flicker im ama no serra o gwady for no ressa dan half a mirrawean you hear me guy'

then he slammed the phone down.

Sounds like they mean business to me

You listen to all the "experts", journalists, sports reporters, former players etc, talking and they all say the German model is the one to follow. We've had people on here saying we should be able to stand inside stadia, because they can stand in German stadia, and the German are the ones who know what they're doing in terms of running football clubs.

In German football the ownership of football clubs by foreigners is not allowed, and also,if a club finds itself in debt to the tune of 6 million euro they are automatically relegated.

The football clubs are properly run, by German people, and it seems to work brilliantly.

Personally, I'd rather not see our club taken over by Chinese or american business men, who have no interest in the club or the supporters. We've had one foreign owner, who saved us from going out of existence, but if he is going to sell the club, I'd rather it wasn't to more foreigners.

I agree, but think it is utopian. It would take something monumental to happen for a local (ideally fan based) owner to occur. I will say that with foreign owners - including MM - I am always nervous. To the extent that I don't even join in the pig baiting about their situation as we could easily end up just as screwed

Certain posters considered trustworthy or ITK were also often proved horrifically wrong even if they had good intentions.

Remember, takeovers happen - they are not merely speculated over.

I repeat...

If someone wants to take us over they will do it, not run to the press or a football forum to tell everyone.

Yeah, they were the ones with the boring lives I was talking about.

Reesh knows his stuff. But as you say, there's a load of borrocks gets spouted, sometimes unintentionally. I predict 15 pages eventually for this thread. If Billsaja returns then I'll increase that prediction to 35.

Yeah, they were the ones with the boring lives I was talking about.

Reesh knows his stuff. But as you say, there's a load of borrocks gets spouted, sometimes unintentionally. I predict 15 pages eventually for this thread. If Billsaja returns then I'll increase that prediction to 35.

I think not as the foolish are unable to take advantage of the weak...

Totally different ball game to what was.

@Walkerpw: 1/2 For those wanting confirmation on #swfc takeover rumours. Club won't ever give a response to these things, that is always their policy.

@Walkerpw: 2/2 However, I'm told MM has been in Croatia this wkend and Paul Aldridge was not in Manchester. Other senior officials also away. #swfc

Well, if Aldridge was not in Manchester he must have been in china.