Chinese Takeaway ?

Guest Johnbloodaxe

They invented chicken chowmein, so can't be all bad

I think you are thinking of Chop Suey..

invented in San Francisco...  as were fortune cookies...

Chow mein (mayen pronounced)    is a traditional dish ....

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Fedor

I once shagged a chinese bird with fake boobies.

Her wee pipe was real though.

Edited by Fedor

I once shagged a chinese bird with fake boobies.

Her wee wee tail was real though.

Off topic I know. But if anyone had one of them tai birds and jiggy jiggy was imminent, and at the last minute you realised they had a wee wee tail. Would you carry on or kick em out?

There's a small thread on Wednesdaymad from a few days ago about this rumour, and that's what it seems to be just a rumour. No substance behind it whatsoever.

The opening posts information seems plausible but no more plausible than some of the rumours from three years ago which came to nothing,

I'm very skeptical, we've been here so many times before.

Guest Sniper1

FFP will mean clubs will have to be abit clever.

Like buying players houses and cars but not being part of the deal etc.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Certain posters considered trustworthy or ITK were also often proved horrifically wrong even if they had good intentions.

Remember, takeovers happen - they are not merely speculated over.

I repeat...

If someone wants to take us over they will do it, not run to the press or a football forum to tell everyone.

Thankfully I never speculated last time out.

My source is pretty reliable and I trust them implicitly, I did not post a thread on here as I wanted to do some digging on the info I'd received.

FFP will mean clubs will have to be abit clever.

Like buying players houses and cars but not being part of the deal etc.

Been happening in rugby league for ages, to get round the wage cap.

Four super league teams have gone into admin in the last three seasons. Go figure.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Dont like consortium's there never have the money there are supposed to have.

I think you are thinking of Chop Suey..

invented in San Francisco...  as were fortune cookies...

They also built the railroads.

Expect a new Supertram stop as part of the initial investment.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest Distraught!

Just been sent a sneak preview of the new kit.

To be honest, I'm not convinced. I know it's important to appeal to the Asian market, but it's a step too far for me.

a0de67dd62132e37d9.jpg

post-12702-0-95387800-1370211564_thumb.g

Guest Distraught!

Chao mian  炒面 - Fried Noodles.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Exciting if true but we should be cautious, although I trust MM to sell us on into safe hands. MM has done a great job and if/and when he does sell us on he'll be remembered in a positive manner. I hope its true or that it does happen eventually, because clearly we're scraping around to bring in freebies and loanee's but I hope whoever comes in has got some brains and mean business. Ideally it would be handy if Mandy could stay on in some kind of advisor role or something if possible. Excited but sceptical and cautious, would love for us to have money to spend and to push on towards the Prem and to get back, just hope we do it in safe hands.

I don't worry about anything more when it comes to Wednesday than the passing of the club from one owner to the next. It's absolutely pivotal but obviously necessary from time to time, and this could well be one of those times. This club is beyond precious and it should be handled with care, yet change brings so much potential for everything good and bad. Fingers crossed because that's all we can do now we only have one owner, and pretty much all we could do anyway. Let's hope Milan understands all this. I'm pretty sure he does.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I don't worry about anything more when it comes to Wednesday than the passing of the club from one owner to the next. It's absolutely pivotal but obviously necessary from time to time, and this could well be one of those times. This club is beyond precious and it should be handled with care, yet change brings so much potential for everything good and bad. Fingers crossed because that's all we can do now we only have one owner, and pretty much all we could do anyway. Let's hope Milan understands all this. I'm pretty sure he does.

Well said it is worrying but exciting. He's made some big decisions, risky ones but been proved right, in his time at SWFC. We can be very greatful to him for that and for buying us when he did. Fingers crossed whoever he sells us onto, whenever he does, that they're equally trustworthy. If his decisions he's made regarding our club are anything to go by then we can trust he'll pass us onto safe hands. I dearly hope so.

FFP will still come into play. So unless we maximise our revenue streams we won't be allowed to buy players for any more than we are currently spending under MM. However, im sure there will be loopholes for clubs which will allow them to spend as they please without worrying about FFP.

Such as, leaving a matchday hospitality box free and then renting it out to someone (yourself) for millions. Therefore the clubs revenue increases and spending can increase. Just an idea.

FFP  fair schmay.

Lets say a company had recently been set up, lets call it 'Hargreaves Holdings' now this new company has limited liability to the value of the share capital which is held by a fictional Mr Hargreaves. Mr Hargreaves is looking for a capital investor he needs to advertise his widgets he is making.

Meanwhile Mr Liu an American Chinese business man has just bought SWFC from Mr Manderic for an undisclosed figure. But he has a problem....He wants to take his beloved Owls straight into the premiership at the first attempt but is prevented in doing so by FFP rules. In short he has the elusive spondulicks but can't put enough of it into the club to guarantee the promised land. 

This problem is broadly reported in the star and is read by an astute Mr Hargreaves.

The very next day Mr Hargreaves knocks on Mr Liu's door and reveals a solution to his problem.

"Mr Liu I need to buy some advertising to help sell my widgets but I have no money; you need to raise genuine revenue within SWFC to try and secure the players that will bring you promotion" Mr Liu nods approvingly.

Mr Hargreaves continues..." if you were to invest in my company Hargreaves Holdings to the tune of £1,000,000,000,000, I will immediately reinvest that money in total back into SWFC in the form of Capital Expenditure (Advertising) which you will utilise placing my prescribed advertising on your New 250' score/advertising screen.

Mr Liu does a little jig around the office "Great, I get all my £1,000,000,000,000 back to spend on players. Let's do it"

I think it works something like that.  

Any similarities the individuals in my scenario may have to real individuals is completely coincidental.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl