Chinese Takeaway ?

First of all this is not WUM in any way, just a true reflection of a conversation I was party to at a sportsmans dinner in Manchester last night.

The conversation, with a senior club official, was not in confidence so i feel justified repeating part of it in open forum.

The gist of it was that we, SWFC, are at an advanced stage in negotiations for a proposed takeover by a consortium of Chinese/Americans.

This culminated last Wednesday with a visit to Hillsborough, amidst much excitment, of 6 major players from said consortium.

Things are now at a very interesting stage as MM has changed his plans for this weekend to have further talks in London with these guys.

Thats as much as was learned and as I said is an honest appraisal of a coversation I was party to.

We were also told that the 6'6" Croat striker was at Hillsborough last week for contract talks.

Carson Yeung Mark 2 ? :ghoulguy:  :ghoulguy:

I agree but why on earth right now wih our turnover would anyone pay 30m for us? Therefore right now I don't think he will sell us as he would lose money. He may one day take a loss if he just loses interest or if his health suffers but no sign of that right now

P.M me or i'll stop being your long lost twin from a parrallel universe or summat :biggrin:

P.M me or i'll stop being your long lost twin from a parrallel universe or summat :biggrin:ha thought we wuz triplets

Is that strictly true though? I believe Bayern are floated of their stock exchange.

Professional football at Bayern is run by the spin-off organization FC Bayern München AG. AG is short for Aktiengesellschaft, and Bayern is run like a joint stock company, a company whose stock are not listed on the public stock exchange, but is privately owned. 81.8% of FC Bayern München AG is owned by the club, the FC Bayern München e. V. (e. V. is short for Eingetragener Verein, which translates into "Registered Club") and 9.1% by sports goods manufacturer Adidas and 9.1% by automobile company Audi.[

Hi trev hope u and mrs are ok not spoke to ya in ages xx

hi Tinkerbell we are fine my friend ,doing a load of paintings so don't get on as much at the moment just the odd hour here and there to keep up withthings ,will be back to normal soon though,

thanks for asking tinkerbell ,much appreciated xx

Just heard some interesting news..............." All season ticket holders will be entitled to a free ice cream each match .............courtesy of our soon to be new sponsors.....................WALLS OF CHINA "

lol  :tango:  :danny-wilson:

FFP will still come into play. So unless we maximise our revenue streams we won't be allowed to buy players for any more than we are currently spending under MM. However, im sure there will be loopholes for clubs which will allow them to spend as they please without worrying about FFP.

Such as, leaving a matchday hospitality box free and then renting it out to someone (yourself) for millions. Therefore the clubs revenue increases and spending can increase. Just an idea.

@Walkerpw: 1/2 For those wanting confirmation on #swfc takeover rumours. Club won't ever give a response to these things, that is always their policy.

@Walkerpw: 2/2 However, I'm told MM has been in Croatia this wkend and Paul Aldridge was not in Manchester. Other senior officials also away. #swfc