Chinese Takeaway ?

Interesting. Wonder if this has owt to do with turning down that sponsor then.... 

No, that was because it was the morally right thing to do.

It may also explain why transfer activity has been non-existent so far. All speculation I know.

but transfer activity in May/June is always non-existent, virtually all players are away on holidays.

Guest Penalty!

12 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. WE ARE FINALLY BILLIONAIRES.

THE GOOD TIMES ARE BACK.

A VERY reliable source has told me this. This is not a WUM.

I'll be back at 12 to watch you all jizz yourselfs.

Guest christheowl

Only just seen this but some one at the club also told me about this the other week, I posted about it on owlsmad. Very interesting times !

Only just seen this but some one at the club also told me about this the other week, I posted about it on owlsmad. Very interesting times !

Just had a look on 'Owls mad' and to be honest, I never even knew it existed. What a horrible forum it is!!! It should be banned! It's as bad as pigs mad.

Just had a look on 'Owls mad' and to be honest, I never even knew it existed. What a horrible forum it is!!! It should be banned! It's as bad as pigs mad.

The fans who post on Owlsmad are Sheffield Wednesday supporters, the same as you and me.

Their opinions are no less valid than yours.

Guest Distraught!

if it happens the silver lining is we can allways plant rice if the ground floods :rolleyes:

The new Irish midfielder,  Paddy Fields.

FFP  fair schmay.

Lets say a company had recently been set up, lets call it 'Hargreaves Holdings' now this new company has limited liability to the value of the share capital which is held by a fictional Mr Hargreaves. Mr Hargreaves is looking for a capital investor he needs to advertise his widgets he is making.

Meanwhile Mr Liu an American Chinese business man has just bought SWFC from Mr Manderic for an undisclosed figure. But he has a problem....He wants to take his beloved Owls straight into the premiership at the first attempt but is prevented in doing so by FFP rules. In short he has the elusive spondulicks but can't put enough of it into the club to guarantee the promised land. 

This problem is broadly reported in the star and is read by an astute Mr Hargreaves.

The very next day Mr Hargreaves knocks on Mr Liu's door and reveals a solution to his problem.

"Mr Liu I need to buy some advertising to help sell my widgets but I have no money; you need to raise genuine revenue within SWFC to try and secure the players that will bring you promotion" Mr Liu nods approvingly.

Mr Hargreaves continues..." if you were to invest in my company Hargreaves Holdings to the tune of £1,000,000,000,000, I will immediately reinvest that money in total back into SWFC in the form of Capital Expenditure (Advertising) which you will utilise placing my prescribed advertising on your New 250' score/advertising screen.

Mr Liu does a little jig around the office "Great, I get all my £1,000,000,000,000 back to spend on players. Let's do it"

I think it works something like that.  

Any similarities the individuals in my scenario may have to real individuals is completely coincidental.

Absolutely no chance of this happening, there will be no loop holes, no ways round it, no massive multi million pound sponsorship deals.

Don't forget these are the Football Leagues FFP rules, they used UEFA's template but are not governed by it.

The first sign of any club trying to unfairly navigate a way round the FL's FFP and all they'll do is get all the other 71 club chairmen round a table and vote for on an ammended to the rules. Which the majority will pass.

So when Sheff Weds, for eg, commercial revenue increases by 1000% from one years accounts to the next, it will be investigated.

The only way to benefit from FFP is to maximise every £ sales opportunity from every person willing to support Sheffield Wednesday, thats it.

Mega rich benefactors will have little input finacially.

Absolutely no chance of this happening, there will be no loop holes, no ways round it, no MASSIVE multi million pound sponsorship deals.

Don't forget these are the Football Leagues FFP rules, they used UEFA's template but are not governed by it.

The first sign of any club trying to unfairly navigate a way round the FL's FFP and all they'll do is get all the

other 71 club chairmen round a table and vote for on an ammended to the rules. Which the majority will pass.

So when Sheff Weds, for eg, commercial revenue increases by 1000% from one years accounts to the next, it will beinvestigated.

The only way to benefit from FFP is to maximise every £ sales opportunity from every person willing to support Sheffield Wednesday, thats it.

Mega rich benefactors will have little input finacially.

Are you so naive to think there will not be any loopholes?

Extreme abuse would be obvious. Lesser loophole finding will be harder to spot or prove and also of less impact. There will still be some impact of having wealthy owners but not as great as pre FFP.