COG to Barnsley

Watch him start banging them in for them....

I think we are kind of getting ahead of ourselves if we suddenly think O'Grady is going to start firing in the goals. We've watched enough of him to see he's not that kind of player.

But he is a good player, one who fits a very specific role up front but who does that job very well. If for some reason he hits the ground running and starts lifting them into a position where their success starts risking our chances of survival, I hope there's a recall clause in there.

I also hope there's a clause regarding him being unavailable to play us.

Guest Brigadier

Madness if true. I have no qualms with him being sent out on loan... but to a relegation rival? Only thing I can think of is Agent O'Grady?

Mixed emotions about this.

I understand he needs to be moved on, but loaning him to rivals at the bottom of the league is a bit worrying. However, i don't really think he's going to set the league on fire with Barnsley.

And also, if they're the only club he's willing to go to then what can we do?

Edited by bigdan2003

Frees up his wages immediately, and no doubt we will have a deal agreed in Summer.

It was probably the only way we could get rid immediately.

If we bring in another striker I'm not too concerned with this, it's not like he's going to rattle in 15 goals between now and the end of the season, would even be very surprised to see 10.

Decent player, but we're moving on.

Not sure how I feel about this. Hope he does well as I like him, but obviously not that well. I'm not sure loaning players to relegation rivals sits right with me.

If both COG and Madine leave today I hope we have a good striker on the way in.

This. I think COG is under rated here and whilst we need to slash the wage bill I'm not sure helping the six fingereds is the best idea.