COG to Barnsley

For the best.

Yes they are relegation rivals but I genuinely believe that we are not candidates for that anymore.

Also, cog is not exactly a 20 goal striker.

It frees us up to bring another player in.

I hope your're right, but the table says we are still relegation rivals, at this moment in time.

If Barnsley stay up at our expense, we will be a laughing stock.

Odd decison.

Insane business.

Not because we need COG, but we shouldn't be helping our relegation rivals.

Ridiculous decision.

I can see your train of thought but have to disagree.

If it allows us to bring a good striker in that will score goals and push us up the table then it won't matter where he goes.

Edited by tomhollywood

As long as he can be recalled at any time and doesn't play against us.

Insane business.

It's not really insane business though is it. We're a business and we need to operate, and we need to bring better players in...which means moving players on. If Barnsley were the only ones interested what do you do?

It's uncomfortable that he's being loaned to a team in the relegation fight.....but, let's not go into panic mode.

This. I think COG is under rated here and whilst we need to slash the wage bill I'm not sure helping the six fingereds is the best idea.

Under rated? Really? I think he's the most over rated striker we've had since Akpo Sodje.

A hard worker and a good frame but he doesn't score many and is seriously lacking in ability.

Question:

Which would you prefer?

1) Barnsley buy COG for 150k now - he is now their player and can play whenever and against whoever he likes for the rest of the season.

2) Barnsley loan COG for a loan fee + his wages then buy him for £300k in Summer - he can't play against us