COG to Barnsley

For the best.

Yes they are relegation rivals but I genuinely believe that we are not candidates for that anymore.

Also, cog is not exactly a 20 goal striker.

It frees us up to bring another player in.

He's still our top scorer, not bad for the amount of times he's started

Got to admit I will be extremely concerned if this is true. He is an absolute handful.

Loan him out yes, but not to someone we are competing with for survival

Guest Foxhill Owl

Question:

Which would you prefer?

1) Barnsley buy COG for 150k now - he is now their player and can play whenever and against whoever he likes for the rest of the season.

2) Barnsley loan COG for a loan fee + his wages then buy him for £300k in Summer - he can't play against us

2) easy

Seems a strange move, not the fact that we are letting him go, but letting him go to them.

But, more than willing to wait and see how this works out before throwing any toys out of the pram, O Grady has done alright this season, but the fact is he's scored 4 league goals, if somebody comes in and scores 10 for us by the end of the season, this will look like a good move.

I don't get this "why would we loan to one of our relegation rivals" talk.

At the end of the day we've just loaned them a striker who doesn't score goals so that "hopefully" we can bring one in who does.

Excellent bit of business if you ask me.

He's our top goalscorer....

I'm not against it if it means we get someone else in

he' s a lower championship / league 1 player that if we want to progress should be sold

also our main rivals currently are ipswich / brum / hudders, get above them and it doesnt matter how well COG plays for the dingles

No, a player should NEVER be loaned to a relegation rival.

Barnsley obviously think COG can help them avoid relegation.

We're not FORCING COG on Barnsley, they WANT him to stay up.

If Barnsley were the only people interested, if we need to save COGs wages so we could sign Messi, would your stance still remain? It's all relative. They strengthen, we strengthen more BUT our strengthening was only made possible thanks to Barnsley strengthening. Makes perfect sense IF we are getting a better striker in thanks to this. If we sign nobody, then it's a ridiculous move.