COG to Barnsley

It's all down to opinions, but the manager's is the only one that counts. I am not saying that I don't trust DJ, because ultimately I think he will be very good for us, but, in my view, he has not always made the right decisions. 

If DJ had got his way in the summer and sold O'G to, to lets say Barnsley and loaned a striker for the season that he admired, lets say Bothroyd, we could very easily be a few points behind Barnsley now and somehow I dont think Barnsley would be considering letting us have him on loan. 

It seems this crystal ball shows different glimpses of the future depending on your angle. So imagine one where Lita gets injured for instance and O'Grady shows just the same spirit and determination week in and week out for a manager who believes in him at Barnsley that he showed for a manager who didn't at the beginning of the season. However unlikely the scenario, we all know that these things happen more often than they should and especially in football.

Let's hope we sign another top goal scorer and we can all sleep peacefully tonight eh?

It's all down to opinions, but the manager's is the only one that counts. I am not saying that I don't trust DJ, because ultimately I think he will be very good for us, but, in my view, he has not always made the right decisions.

If DJ had got his way in the summer and sold O'G to, to lets say Barnsley and loaned a striker for the season that he admired, lets say Bothroyd, we could very easily be a few points behind Barnsley now and somehow I dont think Barnsley would be considering letting us have him on loan.

It seems this crystal ball shows different glimpses of the future depending on your angle. So imagine one where Lita gets injured for instance and O'Grady shows just the same spirit and determination week in and week out for a manager who believes in him at Barnsley that he showed for a manager who didn't at the beginning of the season. However unlikely the scenario, we all know that these things happen more often than they should and especially in football.

Let's hope we sign another top goal scorer and we can all sleep peacefully tonight eh?

Then we just recall COG from Barnsley?

Then we just recall COG from Barnsley?

Good point.

However it would hinge on DJ admitting a big mistake and doing a U turn. I can't remember that happening when we were leaking goals and Beevers was converting Millwall's leaky defence. Didn't they leapfrog us and start to march steadily up the table?

Good point.

However it would hinge on DJ admitting a big mistake and doing a U turn. I can't remember that happening when we were leaking goals and Beevers was converting Millwall's leaky defence. Didn't they leapfrog us and start to march steadily up the table?

And since the move became permanent he has gone to left back and they are sliding

Good point.

If i had any hair left, i'd be pulling it out right about now.

Why does everything have to be piled on Dave Jones?

He wants and the club needs better players. To do that the business is telling him he has to offload some before bringing them in.

The only players currently attracting serious interest is CoG and Madine.

What would you do?

Edited by bigdan2003

Good point.

I'm pretty sure you can recall players without first admitting to anything actually.

If i had any hair left, i'd be pulling it out right about now.

Why does everything have to be piled on Dave Jones?

He wants and the club needs better players. To do that the business is telling him he has to offload some before bringing them in.

The only players currently attracting serious interest is CoG and Madine.

What would you do?

I'd donate some, but mine's in short supply too.

We'd all do exactly the same, because we would have faith in our convictions and our targets, as he has. 

The better players that he wants however, belong to somebody else, so unless the game time that COG & Madine get turns them into much better players between now and the end of the season and we get some decent money for them, how exactly will we have bettered the team when the loan players go back? 

MM has taken a sensible, low risk approach to player investment recently, so can you see him buying better players like Helan, Leroy Lita and Connor Wickham (or whoever), come the end of the season? 

Dutch Ghanaian striker, 24yr old Jeffrey Sarpong is on trial at Hillsborough, according to Paul Walker of Radio Sheffield, who has just tweeted after meeting up with DJ.

The free agent is expected to sign an 18 month contract or has already signed a 3 year deal, both according to the less than reliable Wikipedia, which also shows that he is a bit short of being prolific up to now and has just come from a short trial period at Stoke City.

And since the move became permanent he has gone to left back and they are sliding

Funny that, Beevers was only ever mediocre as a left back, why play him there when he was doing such a good job in the middle? They have effectively compromised two positions by doing that.

Still, Millwall have only slid to 9th position, 6/7pts off the play offs, 9 pts off the magic 50 and 9 points in front of us. Do you think they will continue to slide back down into a relegation place?

I think many of us would be absolutely jubilant and some planning for the play offs if we were up in 9th right now.

The Connor Wickham thing seems to be very popular today, but I can't find out where it started. 

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/ogrady-joins-barnsley-630886.aspx

Sheffield Wednesday striker Chris O’Grady has joined Barnsley on loan for the remainder of the season.

O’Grady joined the Owls from Rochdale in August 2011 and has since made 60 appearances for the club, scoring 13 goals.

The 27-year-old is eligible for the Tykes’ trip to Blackpool on Saturday.