COG to Barnsley

Guest Athelstan

If, as has been said, they are getting £3m for a fullback, they would be able to afford a better striker than COG - maybe someone we're after.  Would that be a better option?  Yes, he's our top scorer (with 5).  Thant makes him a 10 goal a season striker who isn't good enough for a struggling team.  Let him go to the Dingles.

No, a player should NEVER be loaned to a relegation rival.

Barnsley obviously think COG can help them avoid relegation.

We're not FORCING COG on Barnsley, they WANT him to stay up.

And WE think that him PLAYING for them and being OFF our wage bill gives us a better chance to IMPROVE the squad

P.s you really wouldn't send big Enoch to them?? Come on...

I hope this means Sidibe's coming back.

I can actually see this happening. Jones seems to rate Sidibe for some inexplicable reason, whereas everybody else with eyes could see that he was a waste of a shirt.

If we were winning 1-0 away from home and under the cosh, given the choice of bringing on COG to hold the ball up and put himself around or Sidibe to stumble around and let the ball bounce off him, I know which option I'd choose. 

Guest wilyfox

i've no problem sending a striker that doesn't score enough to a relegation rival, providing his replacement is better. Scotland will score more for them than COG.

If Barnsley were the only people interested, if we need to save COGs wages so we could sign Messi, would your stance still remain? It's all relative. They strengthen, we strengthen more BUT our strengthening was only made possible thanks to Barnsley strengthening. Makes perfect sense IF we are getting a better striker in thanks to this. If we sign nobody, then it's a ridiculous move.

If COGs on 4K per week and Barnsley are paying his full wages, then we 're saving about £56,000.

Barnsley have bought COG in for the sole intention of avoiding relegation (at the expense of another).

We're 4 ponts above them, with a real hard run of games, unitl we play them at the end of March. It a carzy decision.

Other Championship managers will be baffled by this decison, luckily the great signing of Lita & Helen soften this.

He's our top goalscorer....

In the league he's scored 6 goals.

That's the same number as Antonio (a winger) and 1 more than Reda Johnson (a left back).

I think the fact that he's our top goal scorer has more to do with how little our other strikers have scored in comparisson rather than how well he's done or is likely to do at Barnsley.

As I said before, dependant on replacement this could be a very good peice of business.

If COGs on 4K per week and Barnsley are paying his full wages, then we 're saving about £56,000.

Barnsley have bought COG in for the sole intention of avoiding relegation (at the expense of another).

We're 4 ponts above them, with a real hard run of games, unitl we play them at the end of March. It a carzy decision.

Other Championship managers will be baffled by this decison, luckily the great signing of Lita & Helen soften this.

I'll wait another few hours before I call judgement on this decision.

P.s you really wouldn't send big Enoch to them?? Come on...

I'm not sure u and a few other understand the loan system. The recieving club have to want the player.

My grandmother is 87 and in a wheel chair (god bless her), I can't wheel her down to Oakwell and insist that they take her on loan and put her in the starting line up.

This is why the Enoch Showumni suggestion  is ridiculous.

Edited by zzmdu