COG to Barnsley

In the league he's scored 6 goals.

That's the same number as Antonio (a winger) and 1 more than Reda Johnson (a left back).

I think the fact that he's our top goal scorer has more to do with how little our other strikers have scored in comparisson rather than how well he's done or is likely to do at Barnsley.

As I said before, dependant on replacement this could be a very good peice of business.

Think he's only got 4 in the league mate, + another 2 at Oldham in the cup.

Reda has more league goals.

If we do a Liverpool and not sign any more strikers whilst rodri, cog and Madine go, then feel free to have a flappy flap.

First though, wait and see who comes in today and how the picture unfolds. Even then, hang fire for a couple of weeks with your judgement until said player has a chance to settle in.

Granted cog to Barnsley is a tough call, but businesses have to make such decisions, and we ain't any different.

have any of you actually seen o grady play ???   (well the people not happy with his move anyway).

who cares who he goes to, he's awful, was awful in league one.....   barnsley are suckers for taking him off our hands...  let him play against us.....

i like to think in a month / 6 weeks time barnsley wont be our relegation rivals...  cause we will have moved up the table and they will still be in the bottom three with o grady yet to score.....

I dont understand everyone having a meltdown just because he is going to a relegation rival.

Barnsley are obvioulsy looking to sign a striker today whether it be COG or anyone. At least if its COG we will have a clause saying he cant play against us and to be honest, we all know he isnt going to go and bang in 15 goals.

Whos to say if we didnt let them have COG they wouldnt go and get somebody else in who would do better for them?

Typical Owlstalk reaction.  Turn it around for a second.

If we had just signed a forward from a relegation rival who struggles to make their starting 11 (and squad a lot of the time) we'd be all questioning why if he's not good enough for them, why us he good enough for us?!?  Owstalk would be in uproar about it.

At then end of the day, maybe just maybe the only way DJ can bring a striker in who is more prolific is to ship out one of the other forwards and therefore fr up some money. 

If Barnsley are the only club showing an interest in one of them then thats the way to has to be.   

Look at it from a different angle, if it allowed us to bring in 1 these instead would you be happy:

Earnshaw

King

S Jackson

Goodwillie

I would, because regardless of where he has gone, it would have strengthened our team.

Look at it from this angle, if COG has scored for Barnsley in the derby, we would be on 29 points and them on 31.

Would we loan him then?

Look at it from a different angle, if it allowed us to bring in 1 these instead would you be happy:

Earnshaw

King

S Jackson

Goodwillie

I would, because regardless of where he has gone, it would have strengthened our team.

Don't get the earnshaw thing tbh. He's a bothroyd waiting to happen.

King - can't say i'm that impressed with him being linked.

Jackson - we've no chance

Goodwillie - i know flip all about him

Look at it from this angle, if COG has scored for Barnsley in the derby, we would be on 29 points and them on 31.

Would we loan him then?

The thing about loaning him out now is, it only affects the future. Try to imagine what could happen in just the next 10.5 hours and then for the rest of the season. Really think about it.

Guest mrbluesky

have any of you actually seen o grady play ??? (well the people not happy with his move anyway).

who cares who he goes to, he's awful, was awful in league one..... barnsley are suckers for taking him off our hands... let him play against us.....

i like to think in a month / 6 weeks time barnsley wont be our relegation rivals... cause we will have moved up the table and they will still be in the bottom three with o grady yet to score.....

Jason Scotland

All this "relelgation rival" talk is a bit of an over-reaction to me, yes we are in a scrap but so are about 8 other teams now,

Maybe, just a crazy thought, DJ and MM would rather we finish 14th than 21st. and is looking to bring in the Lita, Helan, Pugh type players to ensure we do that, for all his efforts, Chris O Grady is nowhere near the standard of these players, and if letting him go, ensures that we are able to bring this type of player in, surely we should be happy about that.