Dave Jones

We went on 2 shocking runs. I didn't want Jones sacked because I'm fed up of changing the manager, I thought he MIGHT be able to turn it around, but I was far from certain.

I can understand why some wanted him gone.

Just enjoy it FFS

Why the smug I told you so stuff? We've had a terrible season and with an extra game played we sit in 20th, hardly living the good life.

I find your post so flipping tiresome Lincowl.

You really do find it hard to say anything positive, ever.

We're in good form at the minute, pulling ourselves out of the mire as fast as we possibly can, or at least as fast as can be expected - and all you post about is where we are in the league, hoe poor our season has been etc.

You really don't like Jones at all do you? It's clear for everyone to see you have some kind of childish agenda, almost like you can wait for us to slip up so you can pick your bat back up you've been beating the bloke with all season, and give him another thrashing.

What will it take to see you post something positive? Win the league? The FA cup? Champions league?

I won't hide. I lost faith in Jones and posted on here to the effect that he should go.

I'll hold my hands up. The preferable scenario in my eyes was always for him to turn it around and I'm glad he's done that, but I did lose hope during the second of our long losing streaks.

At the end of the day the challenge for Jones was to prove people like me wrong and he's doing that in some style. He has made mistakes, but as a unit we are moving on from those and getting things right. That's something to be celebrated, and not something to be used to berate fellow supporters or cheaply point score.

Well said Dave.

Probably because us Jones backers had it rammed down our throats for months saying how rubbish he is and needs to go else we're going down. Should have listened to us to be patient

I'm sure the majority of those that wanted him out had a lot better arguments than "he's rubbish, we're going down". I'm not quite sure how anyone, except Beholder, could have begrudged those who wanted him gone when we did look utterly clueless and had been on two horrific runs.

It wasn't a question of being patient.

It was up to Jones to get his arse in gear and find his best team, his best style and some better signings - fast.

He's done that and full credit to him.

Time to move on - not ram it down the throats that you were right and we were wrong.

Edited by B.A Baracus

If Jones had been sacked we would be bottom of the league right now

You're becoming very tiresome.

Why the need to post utter nonsense like this, when...

a) we'll never know what would have happened if Milan had sacked DJ

or

b) give a sh*t what would have happened because quite frankly it isn't relevant.

All you're doing with these sorts of comments is fuelling the fire to start arguments between fans on here. There are enough talking points and posters posting on this site without you posting such drivel in the hope of increasing site traffic.

It wasn't understandable.

It was petty, small minded and in some cases personal.

If you manage any football team and lose 7 league matches in a row and don't expect some stick then you're pretty deluded. Add to that our previous run of 9 league games without a win.

The fans during those 7 matches still turned up in ridiculously high numbers and supported the team when others would have turned their backs.

The fact remains that Dave Jones has brought in some very average footballers. He has since smelt the coffee and adapted to a 'hard to beat' style which we are now reaping the rewards for, credit to him for that. 

He has never managed a club at the bottom end of the Championship, he is still learning. 

Edited by Owls2k

Plus - at the time folk wanted Jones gone - there was an actual genuine belief that Megson would spring through the door at Hillsborough and shout "Im back !!"

It was the Megson clan.

It was everything Megson; good / everything Jones : bad.

All the posters on here hoodwinked by the 'I took the players up the Kop steps and showed them the view' claptrap were particularly viscious about Jones.

It was the Megson clan.

It was everything Megson; good / everything Jones : bad.

All the posters on here hoodwinked by the 'I took the players up the Kop steps and showed them the view' claptrap were particularly viscious about Jones.

couldnt the same be levelled at you? everything Megson; bad/ everything Jones; good.

I seem to remember you being particulary viscious about Megson.

Just saying like. lol

Come on then beholder and crew judge me.

I wanted DJ to do well but questioned him when needed.

I said we needed an experienced coach who had the testicles to tell DJ, "no i think your wrong there gaffer". Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We got Gray in and suprise we look like a team.thats worked together on the training ground and suddenly find a system that suits our players.

I said that Bothroyd needed dropping as playing an unfit striker who hadnt earnt the shirt was wrong and bad for team morale. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have looked better without him.

I said we shouldnt sit back in our own half at home especially and try to win games. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have started attacking teams home and away and look like we can win games.

I said Taylor was a bad buy and didnt deserve to be made captain. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have yet to win a game with Taylor playing.

I said Sidibe wouldnt be the answer to our goal scoring problems. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. Sidibe was never going to score the goals or be the attacking threat we required.

I said all summer we needed pace up top. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We look a different team with Antonio,JJ & Helan running at defenders giving us an outlet instead of hoofing it in the air and gifting the opposition possesion.

These are just a few points and im not saying im always right and Jones was always wrong but fans have rightfully questioned the wisdom of many of his decisions and given credit when its due BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY HAVE STILL SUPPORTRD THE TEAM.

So please dont try to pigeon hole me into some "worse supporter than you band" because that simply isnt the case.

Well done the boys today.

Good post.

I'm backing DJ, but credit has got to go to Stu Jones for saving his bacon, after all those abysmal defeats.

With regards to the attacks on anyone questioning DJ when we were on the losing runs, I blame Neil for starting the campaign. He's very anti anything that may upset the club or Gazza Madine, for some reason. A bit like that Rob Stayton is with Rotherham.

He changed when he got that shiny blue bib.

:ghoulguy:

You're becoming very tiresome.

All you're doing with these sorts of comments is fuelling the fire to start arguments between fans on here. There are enough talking points and posters posting on this site without you posting such drivel in the hope of increasing site traffic.

Site owner in generating debate shocker !!!

gary megson

There isn't a side of an argument that Fattybear hasn't taken, if it benefitted the site. Been amazed for years how he even remembers what he posted last.