It was never in doubt though

Ever

It was just corrie watching, hysterical fannies getting all freaky on us

I do watch corrie I must admit.

Tyrones mrs is a right cflap

It was never in doubt though

Ever

It was just corrie watching, hysterical fannies getting all freaky on us

it was DEFINATELY in doubt. He ias probably lucky to have been given the chance to turn it around. Looks like a good decision.

The trigger happy fans (like me) look to have been proved wrong.

it was DEFINATELY in doubt. He ias probably lucky to have been given the chance to turn it around. Looks like a good decision.

The trigger happy fans (like me) look to have been proved wrong.

It dont matter - all that matters is our club innit

It would be great for fans to just give 100% unequivocal support until the summer - everyone would enjoy their season more

Owlstalk Shop

My thoughts on Dave Jones...

He ha lost the plot a little over the period of September to middle of November. Formations, team selections, chopping and changing, poor signings, plus the results... We were a total mess.

He even admitted in interviews hinself that he had never experienced this sort of form. He wasn't sure on what and how to turn it around.

In fact, he was quite lucky to keep his job given the Chairmans record. But Milan kept the faith. Now he's being rewarded.

Huge credit goes to Dave Jones for finally getting a way of playing in place that the players get and the results are now coming in too. Massive well done to him.

Hopefully we can keep it up.

This sums it up perfectly for me. I will put my hand up and say after the two terrible runs, I thought he should have gone. He looked like a man who ran out of ideas. Despite it being a defeat, Cardiff away was the start where we went back to basics and things have improved ever since.

My thoughts on Dave Jones...

He ha lost the plot a little over the period of September to middle of November. Formations, team selections, chopping and changing, poor signings, plus the results... We were a total mess.

He even admitted in interviews hinself that he had never experienced this sort of form. He wasn't sure on what and how to turn it around.

In fact, he was quite lucky to keep his job given the Chairmans record. But Milan kept the faith. Now he's being rewarded.

Huge credit goes to Dave Jones for finally getting a way of playing in place that the players get and the results are now coming in too. Massive well done to him.

Hopefully we can keep it up.

This sums it up perfectly for me. I will put my hand up and say after the two terrible runs, I thought he should have gone. He looked like a man who ran out of ideas. Despite it being a defeat, Cardiff away was the start where we went back to basics and things have improved ever since.

Think it also helps him that he now has a coach, someone who he can delegate the more mundane tasks to. Full credit to DJ though for sticking at it.

Edited by Utah Owl

Interesting to see how Ipswich, who sacked not backed, are doing .

You seem to have forgotten just how poo ipswich were, even we beat them 3-0 in their own backyard, our first clean sheet of the season

they now sit 6 points outside the relegation zone, what more could Mccarthy have done?

For me Jones made 2 mistakes:

1: Keeping playing Bothroyd regardless of his performances- esp on the wing

2 Playing a 5 man midfield to accomodate Barklay in the middle. ( he should have been used as a winger)

We brought in alot of players in summer and some were not ready, but they were young a gamble and could yet work out.

There was this and he was unlucky to lose Reda.

Also credit to him for bagging Lita. Ok his shot was deflected today, but he looks energetic and keen to get shots off at goal and will probably make chances for himself. I had hoped Craig Davies could do that for us, but Lita is even better.

Our current strikers given the season they are having wouldnt have even got the shot off.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Pointing the finger at the doubters in a 'I told you so!' fashion, is just as bad as the doubters pointing the finger at Jones. People have opinions, some turn out to be reyt, some wrong- it's no big deal.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Pointing the finger at the doubters in a 'I told you so!' fashion, is just as bad as the doubters pointing the finger at Jones. People have opinions, some turn out to be reyt, some wrong, it's no big deal. Lets move on and look forward.

there are opinions and there are smear campaigns that had nothing to do with fact.

But yeah, no need to keep making the point, i just hope the next time people think twice before jumping on that wagon.

You can't blame people for flapping although some people go overboard.

I was very worried a while back.

He didn't show anything to me a few months ago that indicated he could turn it round.

So i'm sorry i doubted him but sometimes you are wrong about things.

Doesn't make you an idiot.Sometimes you'll be right about these type of things and that doesn't mean you are clever either.

It dont matter - all that matters is our club innit

It would be great for fans to just give 100% unequivocal support until the summer - everyone would enjoy their season more

Questioning Jones's decisions and even his position doesn't = not supporting the team/manager on match days

At least for me it doesn't. But the actual match day booers need to feck off, but they always did and always will. We agree on this.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

there are opinions and there are smear campaigns that had nothing to do with fact.

But yeah, no need to keep making the point, i just hope the next time people think twice before jumping on that wagon.

Totally agree, beholder. There were certainly some who were out to just cause trouble. However, lets rise above it, we won today and all 'true' wednesdayites are loving it.

In fairness, we are not defending a great deal higher up the pitch then we were just before xmas! And with our central defence pairing not been the quickest it wasn't that much of an issue. The issue was the extra quality that teams have this level have. Cos we were deep its natural to not press the ball as much; not that we moved ever so slightly higher by a couple of yards and now get to the ball a second or 2 quicker it helps make us harde to play through, and our full backs are getting more protection now meaning we're an all round harder team to play against

You're doing well to see that from your sofa mate! :Reda:

Edited by B.A Baracus

In fairness, we are not defending a great deal higher up the pitch then we were just before xmas! And with our central defence pairing not been the quickest it wasn't that much of an issue. The issue was the extra quality that teams have this level have. Cos we were deep its natural to not press the ball as much; not that we moved ever so slightly higher by a couple of yards and now get to the ball a second or 2 quicker it helps make us harde to play through, and our full backs are getting more protection now meaning we're an all round harder team to play against

Mate, no offence but I know you didn't witness any of September/October and much of November. The team is playing a lot further up the field, especially the midfield who at times were stood on CB's toes most of the game. This has allowed us pressure the ball higher up the field because we're nearer to there team in real simple terms.

We were playing the 4-5-1 system all wrong, but we were too open 4-4-2 earlier in the season. He's now gone 4-4-2 with the more defensive wingers, which has made us difficult to beat. That, added with us engaging the opposition and ball higher up the pitch has seen better performances and obviously the up turn in results. All we needed was that striker and it think we now have that in Lita.