Dave Jones

I take no pleasure in being right about Jones, and the idiots calling for his head.

I do however take MASSIVE pleasure in enjoying the turn round in fortunes and seeing our fans enjoying their football again. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we lose a couple and the idiots start with their vitriol again. But by attacking them you sink to their incredibly low level

Ignore them. They are irrelevant. Enjoy your moral high ground.

Shall the fans just keep hating after a win aswell mate?

Guest Deleted member

Can't wi just all get along

Interesting perspective

I've always tried to promote that view, even as a Happy Clapping, Cult of Jones c**t

I take no pleasure in being right about Jones, and the idiots calling for his head.

I do however take MASSIVE pleasure in enjoying the turn round in fortunes and seeing our fans enjoying their football again. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we lose a couple and the idiots start with their vitriol again. But by attacking them you sink to their incredibly low level

Funny how you are never wrong?

Ignore them. They are irrelevant. Enjoy your moral high ground.

If it wasn't for us making Dave Jones up his game then you fookers would have happy clapped us all the way back to L1

lol

Interesting perspective

I've always tried to promote that view, even as a Happy Clapping, Cult of Jones c**t

We've won, I'm happy, we lose, I'm miserable,

For me Jones made 2 mistakes:

1: Keeping playing Bothroyd regardless of his performances- esp on the wing

2 Playing a 5 man midfield to accomodate Barklay in the middle. ( he should have been used as a winger)

We brought in alot of players in summer and some were not ready, but they were young a gamble and could yet work out.

I also think a lack of pace through the team selections were his undoings 

Everyone's entitled to an opinion - surely that's what a forum is all about? You might as well close it down if not!

I'm not one of those that was calling for DJ's sacking but I was getting a bit concerned for him considering the track record of MM but like a poster mentioned further up the trail, I don't think that there was anyone out there who could have done more in the short time he's been here than DJ. Admittedly some of his signings have turned out to be below average considering some came with good reputations but given time I think we'll be a solid Championship side who can compete for promotion in a couple of years. 

This recent upturn in form might be linked to Terry Burton finally being replaced and having a more settled side. All the chopping and changing when we had a blip early in the season did nobody any favours.

Keep up the good work management and players, we'll support you all the way!

For me Jones made 2 mistakes:

1: Keeping playing Bothroyd regardless of his performances- esp on the wing

2 Playing a 5 man midfield to accomodate Barklay in the middle. ( he should have been used as a winger)

We brought in alot of players in summer and some were not ready, but they were young a gamble and could yet work out.

Agree with these. But also...

Fullbacks - JJ and Mattock at right back with a capable Lee available.

Strikers - Madine, O'Grady, Rodri all in and out of the team on a game by game basis.

Sitting too deep (we defend much higher up the pith now) inviting pressure onto our box.

No pressure on the ball. Obvious to me players were under instructions to not pressure the ball much. Again it invited pressure.

The long punt to Antonio wide... Let's not beat around the bush, it was our ONLY attacking outlet.

Fullbacks (again) - A reluctance for fullbacks to provide width.

Team selection - Bizarre selections and constant chopping and changing... for example Pecnik starting out of the blue away at Forest.

Few others too...

Thankfully now he's determined a way of playing and got a settled squad (mostly) and the majority of what I've wrote above doesn't happen.

He deserves credit for that. A huge amount too.

We are now only approximately 3 points away from being where people said they expected us to be (and Jones should be sacked for not achieving). Those three points are easily won and lost. There will be more tough times ahead this season but hopefully people will grow a backbone and not get so hysterical next time we're up against it. For now, let's all just enjoy 3 points on top of an already brilliant run.

Agree with these. But also...

Fullbacks - JJ and Mattock at right back with a capable Lee available.

Strikers - Madine, O'Grady, Rodri all in and out of the team on a game by game basis.

Sitting too deep (we defend much higher up the pith now) inviting pressure onto our box.

No pressure on the ball. Obvious to me players were under instructions to not pressure the ball much. Again it invited pressure.

The long punt to Antonio wide... Let's not beat around the bush, it was our ONLY attacking outlet.

Fullbacks (again) - A reluctance for fullbacks to provide width.

Team selection - Bizarre selections and constant chopping and changing... for example Pecnik starting out of the blue away at Forest.

Few others too...

Thankfully now he's determined a way of playing and got a settled squad (mostly) and the majority of what I've wrote above doesn't happen.

He deserves credit for that. A huge amount too.

In fairness, we are not defending a great deal higher up the pitch then we were just before xmas! And with our central defence pairing not been the quickest it wasn't that much of an issue. The issue was the extra quality that teams have this level have. Cos we were deep its natural to not press the ball as much; not that we moved ever so slightly higher by a couple of yards and now get to the ball a second or 2 quicker it helps make us harde to play through, and our full backs are getting more protection now meaning we're an all round harder team to play against

Everyone's entitled to an opinion - surely that's what a forum is all about? You might as well close it down if not!

I'm not one of those that was calling for DJ's sacking but I was getting a bit concerned for him considering the track record of MM but like a poster mentioned further up the trail, I don't think that there was anyone out there who could have done more in the short time he's been here than DJ. Admittedly some of his signings have turned out to be below average considering some came with good reputations but given time I think we'll be a solid Championship side who can compete for promotion in a couple of years. 

This recent upturn in form might be linked to Terry Burton finally being replaced and having a more settled side. All the chopping and changing when we had a blip early in the season did nobody any favours.

Keep up the good work management and players, we'll support you all the way!

I was talking to teh lads in the NBT last night and we pretty much all said the same...if DJ had sorted the defence out first we would be a lot further up the table looking at a play off spot...now whether that co-incides with SG coming in as coach I dont know...one thing we all agreed on is that we were never going to get relegated and the signs have been there all along...we look organised and thats down to coaching