Dave Jones

Guest Stereophonics

I have said it loads of times on here that we will go on a long unbeaten run. After that we will go on a big winless run. Jones has done that at all his previous clubs. Hopefully we earn enough points on this run to negate the inevitable bad run

Guest The Producer

Good post.

I'm backing DJ, but credit has got to go to Stu Jones for saving his bacon, after all those abysmal defeats.

With regards to the attacks on anyone questioning DJ when we were on the losing runs, I blame Neil for starting the campaign. He's very anti anything that may upset the club or Gazza Madine, for some reason. A bit like that Rob Stayton is with Rotherham.

He changed when he got that shiny blue bib.

:ghoulguy:

Neil, a club lacky? Surely not....say it ain't so,Joe :biggrin:

here we flippinggo again, markowl and the usual culprites having a go at fellow fans for wanting a manager out who lost 7 in a row. Just enjoy the win you sad sad people

Yeah cos no one used to throw the "happy clappers" insult much during our bad spell.

If you can't take it don't dish it out, it makes you look rather bitter

Guest wilyfox

it's refreshing to see Jones using our full squad effectively. many players have been led to the exit once they fell out of favour in the past. to see Coke and Prutton become useful once again and Lee work his way into the side is very pleasing - and should send an encouraging message to the likes of Maguire, Mayor and Mattock to try and earn their way back in.

Neil is the king of generating online advertising revenue.

Create forum.

Post "FACTS" about contentious issues.

Stand back and sell advertising.

He's the Steve Jobs of Hillsborough. I salute our leader!!!

BTW, why do I keep getting adverts for Russian Pros called Nataliya????? I'm assuming it's all the time I spend on muck sites, but I'd be interested to know.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Sweet and Low Owl is having some sweet and low cyanide in his coffee...no doubt getting his reverse gear ready for the turnaround

Why the personal crap? Bit small-minded.

I'm delighted with the results and today's result.

Always said I wanted the best for Wednesday and wanted to be proved wrong.

There's still a long way to go yet but I posted earlier today about my delight and that it was a good sign that we came from behind.

Just because some fans wanted the manager out doesn't mean you should attack them personally when things are going well.

Why don't you just celebrate the result not celebrate the personal glory of proving a point.

We still ain't safe yet but I'm glad we've got a much better chance and long may the results and recent performances continue. 

Fair play to DJ, SG and the players for sticking together and getting us out of the hellhole we were in.

17 points from the last 21 available is nothing short of sensational.

Yes, I was one of those who called for DJ to go but as a football fan, you love being proved wrong.

The present back 5 have been superb and gelled together really well. They need to stay there until a change is enforced,

Hope we keep this revival up and we carry on climbing the table closer to consolidation.

Edited by Liamswfc92

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Fair play to DJ, SG and the players for sticking together and getting us out of the hellhole we were in.

17 points from the last 21 available is nothing short of sensational.

Yes, I was one of those who called for DJ to go but as a football fan, you love being proved wrong.

The present back 5 has been superb and gelled together really well. They need to stay there until a change is enforced,

Hope we keep this revival up and we carry on climbing the table closer to consolidation.

Well said.

it's refreshing to see Jones using our full squad effectively. many players have been led to the exit once they fell out of favour in the past. to see Coke and Prutton become useful once again and Lee work his way into the side is very pleasing - and should send an encouraging message to the likes of Maguire, Mayor and Mattock to try and earn their way back in.

Credit to Jones training style aswell, under Megson, Coke and Prutton looked tired in spells.

Think our Gary may have put them through hell in training, lol

It was understandable.

But, the way he's turned it around is nothing short of remarkable.

So why doesn't everyone celebrate instead of flipping point scoring with "I told you so's".

Well done Stuart Gray

if it is stuart gray, then well done to the person who saw the need for him, and the one who funded it, NOW STOP FU*KIN' BICKERIN' ALL THE TIME...

Credit to Jones training style aswell, under Megson, Coke and Prutton looked tired in spells.

Think our Gary may have put them through hell in training, lol

i think megson used to tie certain players to a cart during games, and the results of those actions led to the tiredness...

if you're humping the ball then it's likely the opposition will have a greater % of possession, and it's more tiring to defend than attack... 

Managers are only as good as the last five or six matches nowadays. It used to be that a manager needed at leat three seasons to be seriously judged, now if they haven't set the world alight after six months then the fans are demanding their removal.

Patience seems to have disappeared from the game.

We need to get to the point of not having to rely on bringing in loan players and having a settled squad. We still have a long way to go constructing a decent squad, it's not something that can be done overnight.

Guest Big Guns

Come on then beholder and crew judge me.

I wanted DJ to do well but questioned him when needed.

I said we needed an experienced coach who had the testicles to tell DJ, "no i think your wrong there gaffer". Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We got Gray in and suprise we look like a team.thats worked together on the training ground and suddenly find a system that suits our players.

I said that Bothroyd needed dropping as playing an unfit striker who hadnt earnt the shirt was wrong and bad for team morale. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have looked better without him.

I said we shouldnt sit back in our own half at home especially and try to win games. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have started attacking teams home and away and look like we can win games.

I said Taylor was a bad buy and didnt deserve to be made captain. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have yet to win a game with Taylor playing.

I said Sidibe wouldnt be the answer to our goal scoring problems. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. Sidibe was never going to score the goals or be the attacking threat we required.

I said all summer we needed pace up top. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We look a different team with Antonio,JJ & Helan running at defenders giving us an outlet instead of hoofing it in the air and gifting the opposition possesion.

These are just a few points and im not saying im always right and Jones was always wrong but fans have rightfully questioned the wisdom of many of his decisions and given credit when its due BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY HAVE STILL SUPPORTRD THE TEAM.

So please dont try to pigeon hole me into some "worse supporter than you band" because that simply isnt the case.

Well done the boys today.

It's no coincidence that grays arrival has coincided with our upturn in form

Seems dj isn't a very good coach or just prefers playing golf with fowler...