Dave Jones

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Because personal crap is what you've been giving DJ...If people wants to look at your last 30 odd posts I guantee that there is hardly one without you slagging DJ off regardless of the topic..care to take me up on that?

How is it personal criticising a manager or a team? It's personal when you give people or fellow fans abuse for no reason.

Besides I've been man enough to give credit where its due. Has at the end of the day what's best for Wednesday is what matters regardless who the manager or players are.

But seems you want to argue for argues sake and abuse fellow Owls just for having differing opinions to you, people like you make this site unenjoyable, with your bullying and abuse.

Guest Big Guns

How is it personal criticising a manager or a team? It's personal when you give people or fellow fans abuse for no reason.

Besides I've been man enough to give credit where its due. Has at the end of the day what's best for Wednesday is what matters regardless who the manager or players are.

But seems you want to argue for argues sake and abuse fellow Owls just for having differing opinions to you, people like you make this site unenjoyable, with your bullying and abuse.

Davyboy knows best cos he played in a charity match against lawrie madden ,didn't you know ....

He's turning it around and he deserves an awful lot of credit for that. 

It has been a tough season and I think that Jones has made some mistakes this season (some signings have been a bit "meh" and occasionally odd selections/tactics), but he seems to have found a formula that works for this current group of players and I think that the signing of Lita could very well be the one that assures us of our safety. 

Long may this upturn continue! 

Just to add to the sentiment of disagreement with what you've said here: it was far from embarrassing. It stated a strong opinion after a highly charged match. They ARE a set of vile animals.

They're also a right set of c*nts who I despise with a passion.

Not even their worst chant of the night.

How does it differ from neil warnock getting aids, or lee hughes is a murder? Are all weds fans a set of vile animals?

If it upsets him, then football isnt the right place for him.

But back to the "are all 'jones out' now quiet" point.. Not really because were back to something like the team that showed great character at the end of last season, doing that again. Prutton & Coke are basically playing for their careers.

When we finished last season we had a left winger & a CF on loan, and were back to that again. In 12 months Jones has signed Kirkland & Gardner, but other than that he has successfully added a lot to the wage bill, and not a lot else.

It's great that some people can give a little bit of deserved credit to Dave Jones. Although if the credit from some was in proportion to the stick then they'd have to give it multiple times in multiple threads regardless of what the topic is, making every effort to outline why he deserves credit down to the finest detail regardless of the truth whilst making every effort to convince everybody else that they should also give him credit too. Over and over and over again. That would be really boring though.

Fantastic the way he has turned our form around.

Our performances of late, especially away, have been very impressive.

Today just summed up our recent upturn - he picked the right team, the same team that has been getting results, and when things went wrong he changed it, going all out to get something from the game.

Well done DJ, hopefully the guy is sleeping a bit easier of late!

Probably mentioned in the previous 4 pages but for me, what showed this the most was DJ bringing Lita on after 55 minutes. Not 75th-80th minute like in the past, hoping for a very late change in fortune - he changed things early, and continued to change things by bringing Madine on and pushing JJ / Antonion out wide - and Reda pushing up front too.

Brilliant. Playing to our strengths and gradually going more attacking until we picked up the points that were clearly there for the taking 75th minute onwards especially.

If you look at the bottom ten of the table, only the MASSIVE, posh & brum, have kept faith with their manager.

I would prefer if all 3 stayed up. It would certainly advocate sticking with your manager,

which leaves Ipswich / wolves / udders / Bristol C / Barnsley / Bolton / Bburn

all sacked bosses this yr, (in some cases 2!)

I wouldn't lose sleep if any 3 of these 7 went down, TIME WILL TELL.

Guest silvergusy

I said jones out in November because we were in a mess. Couldn't score, leaking goals and playing the poorest football id seen in years.

Soon as it was clear he wasn't going (mid December time for me) I said stick with him and give him the transfer window.

And it's worked which is great but I do think he was fortunate to still be in a job. I'm also glad MM is in charge and I'm not.

As a fan I'm aloud an opinion like everyone else, there appear to be more people pro jones now than what there were before January but I'm not interested in counting and calling people out on it as some like to do.

It's good again, not just because we are picking up points but because we are hard to beat again and working our tails off.

During our bad run fans had the right to question whether Jones was the right man and fans also had the right to back him.

Why come out now with the I told you so's? It's pathetic and boring.

Let's get everyone up for the fight because we aren't out of it yet but hopefully we will be soon.

WAWAW

Ghouls.

Thats the only word to describe some peoples attitude to the last three months.

All of a sudden, and this is for any club in any league, it has become unacceptable to lose. Like there HAS to be some kind of secret problem, that everything is a crisis.

Fans creating a buzz for the sake of massaging their own egos and self importance.

JONES OUT ad infinitum. Shouted loudly enough will appear more relevant.

This whole for or against Jones thing has to end.

It can continue for me. I have no problem with posters with conviction and reasoned argument even if I don't agree. Nobody could argue that Jones hasn't made mistakes - nobody tried to do so IMO.

It was the amount of diatribe, lack of basic humanity, misrepresentations and the seemingly taking joy in our plight, that got to me.

And, some of the alternatives offered were nothing more than a joke.

I actually agree with Arthur, it became quite ghoulish.

Guest Distraught!

It can continue for me. I have no problem with posters with conviction and reasoned argument even if I don't agree. Nobody could argue that Jones hasn't made mistakes - nobody tried to do so IMO.

It was the amount of diatribe, lack of basic humanity, misrepresentations and the seemingly taking joy in our plight, that got to me.

And, some of the alternatives offered were nothing more than a joke.

I actually agree with Arthur, it became quite ghoulish.

Spot On!

I have always been quite supportitive of Jones but my main reasons were:

1) I despise sacking managers for the sake of things. If there is a better alternative that is obtainable and will take the role, then fine. I couldn't see any possible replacements that filled me with inspiration. I am extremely happy we left McCarthy alone and Adkins was still in a job. So for me sticking with Jones seemed by far the best alternative.

2) I want an end to the managerial merry-go-round that has inflicted pain on Sheffield Wednesday for about the last fifteen years. It has achieved nothing in the past and I do not believe it would achieve anything in the present.

The form in the first half of the season gave sufficient reasons to question Jones' position at the club but the vile campaigns by certain posters on this forum left a bad tase that will take some time to erase. It went beyond criticism. It was nasty and concerted and included lies plus personal innuendo. That did nothing more than drive my belief and hope that Jones should pull things around and shove the abuse back down these people's throats.

What a w4nk thread! Stupid "I told you so" tripe that's not only childish but also divisive. When Jones has a bad spell (it will happen), the Jones 'haters' will go into "I told you so" mode.

There's nothing wrong with criticism when things are going wrong and, by the same token, there's nothing wrong with acknowledgement when things are going right.

OwlsTalk is like a flipping school playground at times!

What a w4nk thread! Stupid "I told you so" tripe that's not only childish but also divisive. When Jones has a bad spell (it will happen), the Jones 'haters' will go into "I told you so" mode.

There's nothing wrong with criticism when things are going wrong and, by the same token, there's nothing wrong with acknowledgement when things are going right.

OwlsTalk is like a flipping school playground at times!

I'm glad the rest of owlstalk knows how it feels to be shouted at by you.

I've never recovered.