Dave Jones

Mate, no offence but I know you didn't witness any of September/October and much of November. The team is playing a lot further up the field, especially the midfield who at times were stood on CB's toes most of the game. This has allowed us pressure the ball higher up the field because we're nearer to there team in real simple terms.

We were playing the 4-5-1 system all wrong, but we were too open 4-4-2 earlier in the season. He's now gone 4-4-2 with the more defensive wingers, which has made us difficult to beat. That, added with us engaging the opposition and ball higher up the pitch has seen better performances and obviously the up turn in results. All we needed was that striker and it think we now have that in Lita.

Obviously not upto November, but i saw a few of the games in the middle of the losing streak, and the biggest difference is the little things. That second quicker we are getting to the ball and pressing is helping make us harder to play through, In NFL speak the big boys are blocking better :staton:

Come on then beholder and crew judge me.

I wanted DJ to do well but questioned him when needed.

I said we needed an experienced coach who had the testicles to tell DJ, "no i think your wrong there gaffer". Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We got Gray in and suprise we look like a team.thats worked together on the training ground and suddenly find a system that suits our players.

I said that Bothroyd needed dropping as playing an unfit striker who hadnt earnt the shirt was wrong and bad for team morale. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have looked better without him.

I said we shouldnt sit back in our own half at home especially and try to win games. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have started attacking teams home and away and look like we can win games.

I said Taylor was a bad buy and didnt deserve to be made captain. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We have yet to win a game with Taylor playing.

I said Sidibe wouldnt be the answer to our goal scoring problems. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. Sidibe was never going to score the goals or be the attacking threat we required.

I said all summer we needed pace up top. Was i wrong?

No i wasnt. We look a different team with Antonio,JJ & Helan running at defenders giving us an outlet instead of hoofing it in the air and gifting the opposition possesion.

These are just a few points and im not saying im always right and Jones was always wrong but fans have rightfully questioned the wisdom of many of his decisions and given credit when its due BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY HAVE STILL SUPPORTRD THE TEAM.

So please dont try to pigeon hole me into some "worse supporter than you band" because that simply isnt the case.

Well done the boys today.

here we flippinggo again, markowl and the usual culprites having a go at fellow fans for wanting a manager out who lost 7 in a row. Just enjoy the win you sad sad people

I know, they are at it after each win lol

I wanted DJ out when we were bottom of the league and had those awful runs.

Things have changed for the better but apparently we are all tarred with the same brush because they all remember that one poster called DJ a 'fat scouse tail'. Well he is two of those things lol

Loads of people said he had lost the plot earlier which was baffling as managers of his experience and success dont just lose the plot.

I was gutted after our bad run but thought we could turn it around in Jan. Delighted its starting to happen.

Edited by swfc-dan

here we flippinggo again, markowl and the usual culprites having a go at fellow fans for wanting a manager out who lost 7 in a row. Just enjoy the win you sad sad people

You hate it don't you

lol

Only joking, people make wrong judgements, I did with the Megson sacking, we're football fans who know feck all! Although I believe some of the abuse aimed at DJ was over the top, but football fans are passionate and we all want the same thing, it'd be boring if we all had the same opinions.

I always had belief in DJ to turn it around and it looks like he is doing that now. Onwards and upwards!

Guest totemowl

Those 'fellow fans' were all too ready to abuse and slag off anyone on here who was supporting the manager during those tough times. Quite horrendous at times.

And there you go again calling them/us sad sad people. Hypocrit or what?

I won't hide. I lost faith in Jones and posted on here to the effect that he should go.

I'll hold my hands up. The preferable scenario in my eyes was always for him to turn it around and I'm glad he's done that, but I did lose hope during the second of our long losing streaks.

At the end of the day the challenge for Jones was to prove people like me wrong and he's doing that in some style. He has made mistakes, but as a unit we are moving on from those and getting things right. That's something to be celebrated, and not something to be used to berate fellow supporters or cheaply point score.

we aint safe yet ,but enjoy the win and the gloating if you must , long way to go yet  each win makes that safety margine closer i am happy with that, the most part of this season has been dire and people were upset at this so therefore weren't happy with Dj , things are getting better so we see how it go's, another step up the ladder is good and three points most welcome , the hard bit is keeping it going ,today was a good day so we enjoy the result ,

I have always backed Dave Jones but this told you poo is helping nobody, we are going to win games, we are going to lose games.This poo as got to stop, we need to be one for the rest of this season and into next.Come on FFS.

This.

Those 'fellow fans' were all too ready to abuse and slag off anyone on here who was supporting the manager during those tough times. Quite horrendous at times.

And there you go again calling them/us sad sad people. Hypocrit or what?

Both as bad as each other.

The "cult" groups that have developed on here are pathetic and the way some people post, we must either be in one or the other.

Hopefully that bullsh*t will stop.

It was understandable.

But, the way he's turned it around is nothing short of remarkable.

So why doesn't everyone celebrate instead of flipping point scoring with "I told you so's".

Probably because us Jones backers had it rammed down our throats for months saying how rubbish he is and needs to go else we're going down. Should have listened to us to be patient

Look at Ipswich.

We thought they'd pulled away but now they are back in it.

But i'm hopeful cos we seem solid and have some good quality players.We aren't just nicking results.

If llera or reda get supsensions or injuries though we might start letting a few goals in again.Thats my main worry.

Both as bad as each other.

The "cult" groups that have developed on here are pathetic and the way some people post, we must either be in one or the other.

Hopefully that bullsh*t will stop.

And this as well. I dont understand why anyone would want to pick fights with other Wednesdayites tonight.

I have always backed Dave Jones but this told you poo is helping nobody, we are going to win games, we are going to lose games. This poo as got to stop, we need to be one for the rest of this season and into next. Come on FFS.

yep. Tbh Neil is the worst for it, starts numerous threads with the same meaning after every flippingvictory