Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

1 hour ago, TrueOwl said:

Anybody remember Kamil? Z----? Nope completely gone. That dozy kamikaze centre-half we had a squad player a while back he was pony.

Zayatte.

I've seen FAR worse than him, plus he scored against weeds

On 12/12/2017 at 18:10, asteener1867 said:

God..Kim Olsen.....How bloody bpatient were Owls fans with him....

"He's finding his feet"

"He's found 'em, now he's fallin' over 'em"

6ft tall jumped and was 3 ft tall

dogturd of a player, couldnt run, kick, tackle, score anything and missed an open net then fell on his ass lol 

• Haha 1

On 23/05/2018 at 07:52, sheriwozgod said:

Posted a few from different era,s....................ready to call my worst 10 (might change tomorrow)

Thankfully the passing of the years means some of the dross from the 70,s has drifted from my memory................here goes,

Peter Feeley

Steve Adams

David Johnson (Early 90,s one)

Fred McIver

Darren Wood

Paul Smith

Maurice Ross

Kim Olsen

Guy Branston

Ronnie Ferguson

Maurice Ross? did he actually exist?

On 07/12/2012 at 17:44, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

In no particular order:

1) Chris Carr

2) Jon Beswetherick

3) Zigor Aranalde

4) Ashley Westwood

5) Francis Jeffers

6) Adam Proudlock

7) David Graham

8) Darren Potter

9) Lee Briscoe

10) Ola Tidman

All these players were extremely painful to watch if memory serves me correctly

Chris Carr does not even make wikipedia

Would never say Jonk was a bad player though. Maybe someone put an injury curse on us in the early 90s thats still going strong now! Budgie in the goalmouth style. Puts tinfoil hat on.

19 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

Wimm tug Jonk got to be in there !

Edited 9 minutes ago by fatbloke 
Finger slip

Tug or Finger, make your mind up :stuwinky:

Guest Jack the Hat
31 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

Wimm tug Jonk got to be in there !

Remember him scoring when we beat Man Utd at Hillsborough 2-0 I think; he played well. Yeah terrible player only helping us to beat Man Utd 2-0. Far far worse players than him. Kim Olsen a good shout. Useless in every department. Chris Turner - unfortunately an awful manager - signed awful player. First full season in charge we had the Wednesday Revolution (10 players) lost 3-0 to Colchester first game. Could make a top 10 from his signings easy.

On 30/05/2018 at 19:48, cs462772 said:

For older fans Freddy Mcalliog ,Jim’s brother and our Northern Ireland international Sammy Todd

You must be a Heart Beat/Penny Farthing veteran, I’ve often wondered what happened to Fred, he was a complete opposite of Jim, but he loved the ground that his brother walked on. I recall picking him up from the Midland Station following his return from playing in Australia, it’s no wonder that Jim is still working, he carried the whole family on his back, but never ever complained.

On 07/12/2012 at 17:39, Grassy knoll said:

Colin west!!!???

Just for the diving headed goal at old trafford-a no from me.

One of my favourite ever wednesday goals that,especially how it was infront of our fans too!

(Let's not talk about his penalty vs luton though)

I'd go to specsavers pal,  the goal at man Utd came from a mistimed shot from his knee/shin and was one of the most comedic goals I've ever seen... 

On 07/12/2012 at 15:57, spongejosesquarejaw said:

I think that you can split this into two distinct types of worst players, firstly you have got your out and out gambles, players who most people had never heard of before and frankly should never have ever pulled on a Wednesday Shirt: Tidman, Westwood, Beswetherick,Kenny Brannigan and all the other ponies that we gave contracts to when we didnt have a pot to pee in. These legendary titans of S6 can in some ways be forgiven for their own ineptitude as they were promoted way way way above their actual footballing ability.

Then you have the other type, the less forgivable expensive flops who obviously once had some talent to have built up a decent reputation elsewhere, came for a lot of money and wages and who most Wednesday fans thought were a useful addition before they had seen them perform. These include in no particular order: Woods, Blondeau, Boooothroyd, Ingesson, Larry May, Wim Jonk, Andy Sinton, Darren Purse, Darren Wood & the daddy of them Francis Jeffers.

Shudders................

Wim Jonk - he could pick out a pass. Question is, did he ever sprint in his entire career? Or break a sweat. Technically great, but appeared to walk through games.

Jeffers wins it for me. What was that all about. The fox in the box....EH