Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 07.41.23.jpg

Someone just put that Jay Bothroyd was in their worst three players for effort of all time

Would you agree ?

Who would your worst 10 SWFC players of all time be ?

I would agree with Bothroyd. Horrible horrible player

Here's what he said when he left

"I didn't enjoy my loan there at all, I was played out of position.

"They're a League One club that got promoted and their fans need to understand that."

He continued: "As much as they have a lot of history and they've had some great players, the bottom line is they've come from League One and they need to consolidate this season."

Owlstalk Shop

Someone just put that Jay Bothroyd was in their worst three players for effort of all time

Would you agree ?

Who would your worst 10 SWFC players of all time be ?

One of the biggest let downs yes....worst player. :tango:

Guest spongejosesquarejaw

I think that you can split this into two distinct types of worst players, firstly you have got your out and out gambles, players who most people had never heard of before and frankly should never have ever pulled on a Wednesday Shirt: Tidman, Westwood, Beswetherick,Kenny Brannigan and all the other ponies that we gave contracts to when we didnt have a pot to pee in. These legendary titans of S6 can in some ways be forgiven for their own ineptitude as they were promoted way way way above their actual footballing ability.

Then you have the other type, the less forgivable expensive flops who obviously once had some talent to have built up a decent reputation elsewhere, came for a lot of money and wages and who most Wednesday fans thought were a useful addition before they had seen them perform. These include in no particular order: Woods, Blondeau, Boooothroyd, Ingesson, Larry May, Wim Jonk, Andy Sinton, Darren Purse, Darren Wood & the daddy of them Francis Jeffers.

Shudders................

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Imagine a XI of the worst ever Wednesday players, playing against the current lot? :st2:

Even our current lot might stand a chance of winning a game! lol

Though saying that it would probably end up a draw.

I think that you can split this into two distinct types of worst players, firstly you have got your out and out gambles, players who most people had never heard of before and frankly should never have ever pulled on a Wednesday Shirt: Tidman, Westwood, Beswetherick,Kenny Brannigan and all the other ponies that we gave contracts to when we didnt have a pot to pee in. These legendary titans of S6 can in some ways be forgiven for their own ineptitude as they were promoted way way way above their actual footballing ability.

Then you have the other type, the less forgivable expensive flops who obviously once had some talent to have built up a decent reputation elsewhere, came for a lot of money and wages and who most Wednesday fans thought were a useful addition before they had seen them perform. These include in no particular order: Woods, Blondeau, Boooothroyd, Ingesson, Larry May, Wim Jonk, Andy Sinton, Darren Purse, Darren Wood & the daddy of them Francis Jeffers.

Shudders................

I'll add Giles De Bilde to the second group

Worst player ever to pull on a sheffield wednesday shirt......Simon Stewart. :picnic:

He really wasn't. He was just a young lad who made a few fleeting appearances in the early 90s including an excellent debut away at Ipswich, then he just drifted into obscurity.

Tony Crane was infinitely worse than him.

• Thanks 1

Imagine a XI of the worst ever Wednesday players, playing against the current lot? :st2:

Even our current lot might stand a chance of winning a game! lol

Though saying that it would probably end up a draw.

Who would Bothroyd and Sidibe play for?