Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

Franco Sanetti was easily the most disappointing, followed by Bonvin, Di Piedi and Pecnik. I got excited about Ritchie Partridge and then saw him play.

Ian Hendon and Branston for poo that shouldn't have been near the team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, owlfandbg said:

Chris Adamson was the worst keeper I've seen - but I don't blame him - he was obviously playing above his level -  apparently had a good season later for a lower league club

lol

005_1.jpg

Edited by helmut_rooster

1 hour ago, Taff_Owl said:

Franco Sanetti was easily the most disappointing, followed by Bonvin, Di Piedi and Pecnik. I got excited about Ritchie Partridge and then saw him play.

Ian Hendon and Branston for poo that shouldn't have been near the team

I don’t get this

sanetti played one game and scored an absolute beauty ! 

On what evidence did you come to that conclusion ?

Stephen Mcphail was a decent player, but had obvious fitness issues highlighted by the fact he was unable to run far enough to take a corner. I'm no football fitness expert, but that indicates an issue, in my opinion. 

Reda Johnson at centre half aged me. 

Franz Carr. 

Floro. Had obviously won some kind of competition. 

Craig Armstrong. 

Jon Otsemabor. Never seen anyone run like that. It's almost as though he was running through sand carrying a heavy dinghy. 

Wade Small. He should have stayed with M People. 

Phil Henson - Taught me from a young age that watching Wednesday was often about making your own entertainment. Laughing at his ineptitude helped pass the time.

Guy Branston - Proof if ever it were needed that you should never give up on your dreams. A psychotically poor footballer yet a professional one nonetheless. An inspiration to me to never give up on my dream to be an astronaut (even though I am 49 years of age). Reach for the stars Guy. 

• Haha 1

Jon Beswetherwick was tactically substituted after 15 minutes because he was getting torn to pieces by Grimsby Towns right winger.

Chris Carr played one game, during which he sliced a volley into his own net at home to QPR.

Who was that player who came on, and instantly with his first touch allowed a throw in to roll off his shin and back out of play?

It's one of those 3.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Haha 1

On 07/12/2012 at 19:17, Andoverowl said:

Colin Walker is right up there with the worst of em.

Didn't he come from non league? a gamble like Carl Shutt?

I remember him being a trier but that was  about all I'm afraid

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Stephen Mcphail was a decent player, but had obvious fitness issues highlighted by the fact he was unable to run far enough to take a corner. I'm no football fitness expert, but that indicates an issue, in my opinion. 

Reda Johnson at centre half aged me. 

Franz Carr. 

Floro. Had obviously won some kind of competition. 

Craig Armstrong. 

Jon Otsemabor. Never seen anyone run like that. It's almost as though he was running through sand carrying a heavy dinghy. 

I thought that was Gladstone Small.

The only way is up :tongue:

2 hours ago, Eric Potts said:

Phil Henson - Taught me from a young age that watching Wednesday was often about making your own entertainment. Laughing at his ineptitude helped pass the time.

Guy Branston - Proof if ever it were needed that you should never give up on your dreams. A psychotically poor footballer yet a professional one nonetheless. An inspiration to me to never give up on my dream to be an astronaut (even though I am 49 years of age). Reach for the stars Guy. 

Was Henson the thinnest ever?

Could be another thread...