Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

Since this is an old thread, it is good we have a new contender in the wretched Da Cruz. An astonishingly poor footballer who has no idea where to run whilst on a pitch. I maintain there isn’t a poorer player in any squad in this league and possibly the league below as well. 

15 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I dont know anyone could include Wim Jonk in the 10 worst.

He was a good player, you don't play for Ajax, Inter Milan and the Dutch national team if you're  not.

We signed him when he was nearly 32, so in the twilight of his career. When we were in the 2nd division he was 34.

I remember him having a cracking game and scoring 2 v Man. Utd in a 3-1 win at Hillsborough.

Odd, I remember Alexandersson scoring 2 in that game. 

On 22/05/2018 at 20:39, Eric Potts said:

Phil Henson - Taught me from a young age that watching Wednesday was often about making your own entertainment. Laughing at his ineptitude helped pass the time.

Guy Branston - Proof if ever it were needed that you should never give up on your dreams. A psychotically poor footballer yet a professional one nonetheless. An inspiration to me to never give up on my dream to be an astronaut (even though I am 49 years of age). Reach for the stars Guy. 

Phil Henson must have hated Saturdays. An hour and a half every week being slagged off by 10,000 people. He must have had PTSD when he left us.

On 07/12/2012 at 16:26, Bannofan said:

So people reckon Bothroyd has a worse attitude than Leon Clarke?

Nope, can't be possible.

Bothroyd made Leon Clarke look like a choir boy in comparison. Without doubt the biggest toilet ever to pull on the Blue and White stripes.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 12:02, hirstyboywonder said:

Tidman was worse for me but Adamson was pretty poor. We had some bad keepers around that time. Lucas was steady but a bit injury prone and when he was out injured during the 2004-05 season the likes of Adamson and Gallagher who we got on loan were not up to it. Brad Jones followed not long after, how he ended up at Liverpool I'll never know.

Brad Jones a truly awful keeper who somehow has played for various premier league sides. The mind does really boggle at this.

On 07/12/2012 at 17:16, Ian said:
On 07/12/2012 at 16:03, Sweet&TenderOwl said:

Imagine a XI of the worst ever Wednesday players, playing against the current lot? :st2:

Even our current lot might stand a chance of winning a game! lol

Though saying that it would probably end up a draw.

Who would Bothroyd and Sidibe play for?

The Sideboard was without doubt the most immobile player I have ever seen on a proffesional football pitch. Forgive him everything though for the crucial winner against Bolton that helped us stay up in a very tight season. Unlike Bothroyd he tried but his body just couldn't do it.

11 hours ago, jamthesun said:

Phil Henson must have hated Saturdays. An hour and a half every week being slagged off by 10,000 people. He must have had PTSD when he left us.

brought in to replace tommy craig so was on a hiding to nothing from the off …..best I can remember of him was the  ball looping off  his head for a late leveller at the mighty Aldershot ….

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 12:03, mcmigo said:

Since this is an old thread, it is good we have a new contender in the wretched Da Cruz. An astonishingly poor footballer who has no idea where to run whilst on a pitch. I maintain there isn’t a poorer player in any squad in this league and possibly the league below as well. 

I dont know why as its worrying really, but I found this hilarious

might be cabin fever I guess

On 30/05/2020 at 02:36, pat blondeau said:

Depends how you’re judging these... if it’s based on what we paid for them, what they were earning and what they delivered Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi, George Boyd, Francis Jeffers and Andy Sinton would all be in there.

If it’s just the geniune worst players it’s players like Enoch Showumni, Ola Tidman, Chris Adamson, Guy Branston, Ian Hendon, Danny Maddix and Kim Olsen but I don’t like being too critical of the lads who turned out for us in league one 

Boyd was bloody awful wasnt he. For years the gypo tore us apart then turned to Out of date tripe when he signed

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 12:03, mcmigo said:

I think we've got worse in our squad and starting regularly in the first 11.

On 01/06/2020 at 18:43, ZicoSterland2 said:

Bothroyd made Leon Clarke look like a choir boy in comparison. Without doubt the biggest toilet ever to pull on the Blue and White stripes.

It's a throw-up between Slothroyd and Leon Knight for me. That 2002-03 season felt doomed from the start...