Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

On 13/12/2017 at 19:18, @owlstalk said:

Jay-BothroydJay-BothroydJay-Bothroydd.jpg

The single worst Sheffield Wednesday player of ALL TIME EVER

Without doubt

Not only was he the worst player but he damaged the team morale more than any player ever in the history of the club

I thought it was Sean Clare at first 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it's  a difficult question to answer.....I picked ten that were crap but some of them played in the top flight so it stands to reason that they must be better than those that were awful in the 3rd division .

On 07/12/2012 at 19:12, torryowl said:

you could pick loads of players who just played one or two games who were terrible but for being consistantly hopeless over say 30 games ish i'll go for

1westwood

2west

3 jeffers

4holsgrove

5usher

6downes

7galvin

8nichol

9armstrong

10 srnicek

Didn’t Brian Usher score the winning goal v Huddersfield (away) in the fifth round of the 1966 cup run? Doesn’t that make him a legend? He was only two yards out but ...

All the games were away from home as I remember. Reading, Newcastle, udders, Blackburn, Chelsea in the semi and Everton in the final. Had it not been for Brian Usher this post would have never existed...

17 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Didn’t Brian Usher score the winning goal v Huddersfield (away) in the fifth round of the 1966 cup run? Doesn’t that make him a legend? He was only two yards out but ...

All the games were away from home as I remember. Reading, Newcastle, udders, Blackburn, Chelsea in the semi and Everton in the final. Had it not been for Brian Usher this post would have never existed...

john McGrath rattled in the winner at Newcastle in the 4th round but I don't think he was legend for us either ......usher was crap .

3 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Chris Morris has to be close if not in the list.  I felt quite sorry for him at the time as I'd never seen a crowd get on a players back so much but the truth is he let the side down, costing us results; game after game.

just read jack Charlton's autobiography and he  really rated morris so much he picked him for Ireland 35 times ....morris got a bum deal off  the crowd at Hillsboro and certainly didn't cost us game after game .....if he did managers of the calibre of Wilkinson , Charlton wouldn't have played him so often .

On 08/12/2012 at 07:38, Ever the pessimist said:

Does anyone have a player they think very lowly of / hate but seem to be in the minority? I really disliked Wayne Collins but others were fairly indifferent. Think it was an over reaction on my part to him neshing a tackle that always stuck with me.

Funny I was only thinking today about Wayne Collins, Chris lines and Paul McLaren; all honest midfielders who didn't quite find their level at Hillsborough...

On 12/12/2017 at 21:32, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Considering the horrific injuries  he sustained in a sporting accident when a teenager ..the fact that he played professional football at Premier league level was a massive achievement.. imo

He was a decent lad. Came to our house once with goalkeeper Paul Robinson when they were apprentices/reserves.

Sniffing after our babysitter...

• Haha 1

Guest ka58

Between 88-90

Ian cranson

alan Harper 

colin west

darren wood

Dave Bennett 

Kenny Brannigan 

Simon Coleman 

greg fee

tony galvin

david hodgson  

28 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

Funny I was only thinking today about Wayne Collins, Chris lines and Paul McLaren; all honest midfielders who didn't quite find their level at Hillsborough...

Lines was excellent in the promotion season. Sadly got injured in pre season and came back into a struggling team.

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Lines was excellent in the promotion season. Sadly got injured in pre season and came back into a struggling team.

Maybe I under rated him a bit? He did take an excellent corner...

1 minute ago, Treborowl said:

Maybe I under rated him a bit? He did take an excellent corner...

Yeah he was very good. Would have liked to have seen him have a full season at this level to see what he could have done. Think he fell out with Dave Jones which is why he was shipped out on loan to MK Dons and then ultimately let go.

Amazed no-one has mentioned Gary Teale here. By a mile the worst player I've ever seen at S6. Sinton and Ingesson don't deserve to be here, they just weren't used properly. For a true disaster during the BFR/Tricky Trev/Pleat era you're looking at Simon Coleman.