Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

4 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Remember him scoring when we beat Man Utd at Hillsborough 2-0 I think; he played well. Yeah terrible player only helping us to beat Man Utd 2-0. Far far worse players than him. Kim Olsen a good shout. Useless in every department. Chris Turner - unfortunately an awful manager - signed awful player. First full season in charge we had the Wednesday Revolution (10 players) lost 3-0 to Colchester first game. Could make a top 10 from his signings easy.

Unfortunately I remember that Colchester game, first game of the season, expectations high etc, I remember thinking part way through the game, how come these are passing us off the park, it went downhill from there.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Wim Jonk

Almen Abdi

Francis Jefferers

Danny Maddix

Leon Clarke

Jon Beswetherwick

Efan "The Cheif" Ekoku

Mat "Hamstring" Hamshaw

Simon Donnelly

Lord Lucan

Chris Woods (England's number one, Wednesday's No2)

Adam "Blue Mohican" Proulock

I'm not formation would work with the clowns above

:carlos:

Ekoku scored a winner against the porkers so shouldn't be on the list.

• Like 1

I was thinking last time the international break was on and someone did a top 10 worst Wednesday players.. 

Now I remember nigel Jemson doing well for Notts forest, but other than a brace in a game against man utd, I really just don't remember him doing anything else for us? 

Well apart from skying one over the bar and into orbit from about 5 yards out. lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

regarding worst player, usually if someone is that poor they only play 1-2 games and you forget about them , what the list should be is the most disappointing player/letdown based also on wages , ie when we were in league 1 we might have had a player on 2k a week now we have 10-15 of them earning between  25-40k inc Rhodes we have many of them and a few on our books now ,id say on the letdown list would be Rhodes he has to be the worst with a 8million fee and 40k a week that's an incredible 16 million wasted over 4 years . abdi next 4 million fee and  30k a week over 4 years that's another 10 million , david jones completely hopeless 30k a week over 3 years that 4.5milion wasted . matias been here 4 years on about 15-20k a week 3 million fee hardly played that's another 6-7 million gone 

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I was thinking last time the international break was on and someone did a top 10 worst Wednesday players.. 

Now I remember nigel Jemson doing well for Notts forest, but other than a brace in a game against man utd, I really just don't remember him doing anything else for us? 

Well apart from skying one over the bar and into orbit from about 5 yards out. lol

anyone scoring a brace against man utd will never enter our worst player list, but colin west now he is a different story , nearly cleared the roof of the kop with that penalty . 

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Guy Branston

Jon beswetherick

Alan Usher

Ola Tidman

Chris Carr

Larry May

Morgan Fox

Martin Taylor

Con Blatsis

Alan Harper

Think you mean Brian Usher. 

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Ekoku scored a winner against the porkers so shouldn't be on the list.

Apologies to The Chief. I'm taking him off the list, I just thought he was disappointing. I hoped he'd fire us straight back into the Premier League eighteen years ago, and I'm still moaning about it.

Bothroyd has taken his place, and he should have been in there before The Chief.

I forgot about his Derby Goal, even though I was there for it. I thought about Lloyd Owusu, but remembered he'd scored against the Blades on his debut. All down hill from their for him I recall. 

Wim Jonk

Almen Abdi

Francis Jefferers

Danny Maddix

Leon Clarke

Jon Beswetherwick

Jay Bothroyd

Matt "Hamstring" Hamshaw

Simon Donnelly

Lord Lucan

Chris Woods (England's No 1, Wednesday's No2)

Adam "Blue Mohican" Proulock

I don’t really think it’s fair to include some young kid who played a handful of games in desperate times.

For me being in the worst ten I think you need to look at what they did before, reputation cost and effort while they were here.

so for me the first three names on the sheet have to be Fat Leon, the fox not in the box, and the sloth.

Need to have a think about the other seven