Worst 10 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time

On 07/12/2012 at 22:48, aliceinchains said:

A lot of those were poor players in the premiership.....we've had much worse in the lower leagues.

Enoch Showumni is the worst striker I've ever seen with Sidibe and O'Grady not far behind. Barry Corr Blimey

was also poor and Jeffers must go down as the biggest waste of money. Defenders.......Branston, Purse and

Bullen were bad, but John Beswetherick was by far the worst. I'll nominate Kenny Lunt to make the 10 up.

Better spent than Abdi and Matias

On 07/12/2012 at 17:44, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

In no particular order:

1) Chris Carr

2) Jon Beswetherick

3) Zigor Aranalde

4) Ashley Westwood

5) Francis Jeffers

6) Adam Proudlock

7) David Graham

8) Darren Potter

9) Lee Briscoe

10) Ola Tidman

All these players were extremely painful to watch if memory serves me correctly

Didn't Proudlock go back to Wolves after his barren spell with us and promptly put 2 past us when we played them shortly after? Or is my my memory playing tricks?

Patrick Blondeau, was such awful. When we signed him thought fantastic, highly rated, Monaco and a French international, with the team they had at the time he must be great player. Debut st Hillsboro, first touch was awful, thought must be nerves. But no it was like he had never been on a pitch before.

So disappointed as we were good then and thought French defender was the final piece. Can't believe how bad he was to this day.

Blondeau is the only player I have seen play for us who gave up.

Home vs Derby , we lost 5-2 and their wide forward (Eranio possibly) and Wanchope ran us absolutely ragged that night.  Blondeau was like bambi on ice, skinned time and time again.  I will never forget his red card, he just hauled their player and walked off the pitch - he had literally given up.

Truly abysmal player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Home vs Derby , we lost 5-2 and their wide forward (Eranio possibly) and Wanchope ran us absolutely ragged that night.  Blondeau was like bambi on ice, skinned time and time again.  I will never forget his red card, he just hauled their player and walked off the pitch - he had literally given up.

Truly abysmal player.

Morgan Fox did the same against Wolves at home.

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Morgan Fox did the same against Wolves at home.

Ha ha - absolutely agree, I had forgotten that!  To be fair Fox was completely out of gas, he could barely move.  Blondeau was just rubbish.

4 hours ago, owlfandbg said:

Chris Adamson was the worst keeper I've seen - but I don't blame him - he was obviously playing above his level -  apparently had a good season later for a lower league club

I don't know i would say the keeper we had on loan from Liverpool was worse brad Jones completely useless.

Worse player of last few years has to be Taylor from Watford signed him made him captain last 10 games before we all realised he was rubbish then never to be seen again. 

12 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I still remember when we signed Graham Barrett on loan from Coventry and that felt like a real low point.  Respect to the lad, but for those who don’t remember check out his “scoring” stats on wiki. 

I don't know I seem to remember us sign a guy called Proudlock after leaving us he played for footballing giants of AFC Telford, Chester, Whitehawk and Newport Town a guy that made Kevin Pressman look skinny. 

3 hours ago, Brommers said:

Didn't Proudlock go back to Wolves after his barren spell with us and promptly put 2 past us when we played them shortly after? Or is my my memory playing tricks?

Yes. In a 4-0 Wolves win at Hillsborough.  He was fired up that day.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Truly abysmal player.

Just have been same game, was it early season. What was wrong with him. Maybe South of France to Sheffield was just too much and thought I need to make them sell me. Abject.