Fifa's latest attempts at improving the game - what do you think ?

Guest hirsty9

Another alternative to pens was a few years back (30 or so) i think it was in the USA i might be wrong but..they had a line that ran the full width of the pitch approx 40 yard out ,and a player went on a run from the line and had to take the goalie on and score. It is sketchy in my mind but something along those lines happened, maybe a trial run or something.

Another alternative to pens was a few years back (30 or so) i think it was in the USA i might be wrong but..they had a line that ran the full width of the pitch approx 40 yard out ,and a player went on a run from the line and had to take the goalie on and score. It is sketchy in my mind but something along those lines happened, maybe a trial run or something.

Don't they still do that in MLS? Always seemed less random than a shoot out to me, I quite like it.

Guest hirsty9

Don't they still do that in MLS? Always seemed less random than a shoot out to me, I quite like it.

Dont know i dont watch the mls but remember this from a while back because there were some debate on an alternatve from pens a while back.

Penalties are great, look at the euphoria when Chelsea won the Champs League.

Yes, poor old Bayern they lost how heartbreaking, but thats not footballs fault, their 100k a week superstars should learn to kick the ball in the net from 12 yards, its not that hard.

It's disappointing when you lose on pens because you've worked so hard all game but its no worse than conceding a 90th minute goal.

Leave it as it is Blatter you muppet, the only thing costing football it's essence in recent years is you, now kindly retire and never be seen again.

Edited by leea8331

My take on this, have a "golden goal" scenario, and then if it gets to the end of extra time without a golden goal, count the stats up to see who's had the most shots on goal, this woiuld hopefully encourage teams to "go for it" in extra time.

The problem with that is what would constitute as a shot? To win, you would just have to lump the ball to a striker forty yards out who would smack it at goal with no intention of getting any close.

Can you imagine us getting far in a cup and it going to this??

"and its sudden death, Wednesday must score to win, up steps Jermaine Johnson!"

I would die!!!!

Another showing of blatant bias towards European clubs over English clubs. If Bayern had won the Champions League there is no way he would have suggested this.

W@nker. The sooner he leaves FIFA the better.

My take on this, have a "golden goal" scenario, and then if it gets to the end of extra time without a golden goal, count the stats up to see who's had the most shots on goal, this woiuld hopefully encourage teams to "go for it" in extra time.

I do find it ironic though, that this subject is brought up, after the first time an English club actually wins a penalty shoot out!!! Blatter is a c0ck!!

I'm really not a fan of using stats to decide who wins.

Can you imagine it, the end of the extra time comes, it's 2-2 and we all have to wait 5 mins for them to double check the stats to decide who has won.

Either stick with pens or have next goal wins.

Tbh nowadays extra time is wasted because most teams just play for pens.

Penalty shoot-outs are the best and only way to break a stalemate IMO.

And what a surprise this involves the club who lost to an English club in the Champions League Final on penalties....

HE'S A BENT CNUT THAT BLATTER...

it's about time some, NO ALL the old farts at soho square were thrown out, and replaced with some younger men with some ballz...

and then go round and sort that blatter...

a good baseball battin for him and that "bird" michelle, would do football the world of good...

hire some gents to go round and chop that maradonna's hand off, and have it in a jar on the mantelpiece at soho square...