Fifa's latest attempts at improving the game - what do you think ?

How about this:

Scores still level after extra time, so then all the WAG's come onto the pitch, and first team to shag all the opposing players WAG's and bring them to orgasm wins? Mass orgy on the field. Make sure John Terry is on, and bring Madine off the bench in the last minute, jobs a good un.

OR

How about we just keep things as they are Blatter you fool.

How do you account for the Justin Fashanu's of the world in this scenario then? gary megson

I seem to recall way back Jimmy Hill suggesting corner counts as a good way of replacing penalty shoot outs. Back then my brother used to get Match magazine so I looked up some random match details to see how reliable this method might be. I'm pretty sure that in their brief Premier League stay back in the early nineties that at the Lane, United beat Tottenham on that score something like 18:3.

Spurs ended up winning by a couple of goals if I remember rightly. That's how much those kind of statistics are worth.

Personally I'd really like to get rid of penalty shoot-outs. They are a crap way of deciding major events that usually means half of each team aren't involved and a lot relies on the vagaries of fortune. But so far, nobody has come up with a more effective alternative.

As has been mentioned take a player off from each side every five minutes until a goal is scored , but you choose which of the opposition's players they have to lose . Then its fair apart from the strikers as they would be off first :-)

Instead of getting rid of the solution why not get rid of the ones with the problem. Blatter and Germans. Job done!

This.

The first time I can remember an English team beating a German team on penalties, and Blatter wants the rules changed.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Or we could re-instate the rouge, from the very early days of football. (Worth half a goal.)

Would actually be a reight idea, do it for all the cups and it might make FA/League cup games feel special again if we did it for them as well. If still a draw then still go to penalties.

Edited by davethemagicweasel

Free kicks from a pre-determined position with the ball remaining in play until claimed by the defending goalkeeper or until a goal is scored. At least there'd be some football involved and this would be much less of a lottery in terms of each combined.teams skill.

Here is my idea, not just European matches, but local as well.

When it gets to full time of extra time, two substitutes must be made by each team.

Each manager decides which players to take off, from his own team.

Then two substitutes are chosen by means of a draw.

Each PAYING supporters seat is entered into a draw.

Whichever seat number is drawn out, that supporter, takes over the professional players place in the team.

Play 15 minutes, first goal winner.

No score after 15 minutes, two more substitutes, and so on.

Could be a long game, but how special for the fans.

Every game would sell out ( even you know who's).

Just imagine, Tango and Fishcake...