Fifa's latest attempts at improving the game - what do you think ?

Here is my idea, not just European matches, but local as well.

When it gets to full time of extra time, two substitutes must be made by each team.

Each manager decides which players to take off, from his own team.

Then two substitutes are chosen by means of a draw.

Each PAYING supporters seat is entered into a draw.

Whichever seat number is drawn out, that supporter, takes over the professional players place in the team.

Play 15 minutes, first goal winner.

No score after 15 minutes, two more substitutes, and so on.

Could be a long game, but how special for the fans.

Every game would sell out ( even you know who's).

Could go to match stats, lets say possession goal attempts.

That wouldn't be fair. Goals saved are just as important as goals scored.

What about a crossbar challenge from the midcircle? At least it would come down to precision, and not as much luck as in penalties. :biggrin:

TV demands instant results ! Call me old fashioned but think back to our epic encounter with Arsenal and the fourth replay in the depth of winter. Could not be beaten for sheer intensity, 3rd Div v 1st Div and we took them all the way.

If we could go back and have a win at Highbury on pens I would n't, for one, take it because it would wipe away a piece of our history.

Maybe they should take a player off each team every 5 minutes until someone scores, that would sort it out especially if it gets to one on one with the two keepers left.

That would work quite well, but to encourage goals, I think take the Goalies off first :biggrin:

After 90 minutes every player has to carry an oap on their shoulders until a goal is scored. If the oap is dropped but uninjured then you can put em back on and carry on. Should a hip get broken then you're out. Can't believe FIFA don't do this anyway, far better than pens and will help the ageing population problem.

How about going to the scorecards, like boxing, scoring points for goal attemps, attemps on target etc...

Would make teams have to go for it in normal time. I was so glad Chelsea won the Champions League but they were second best in all departments on the night.

Just one scenario I can think of BUT penalties are great and FIFA/UEFA should LEAVE THE GAME ALONE !!

Goal line technology being the exception !!

Guest Cheeryble

My idea would be to keep the penalty shoot out, but have it after the regulation 90 minutes have been played. Then play the 30 minutes of extra time and if the scores are still level the winner of the earlier shoot out is declared winner of the game.

This would mean that whoever lost the penalty shoot out would have to attack during extra time and make for a much more exciting game.