Notts Police at Half Time - SHOCKING VIDEO.

Die die piigy piggy die...and Harry Roberts is our friend he kills coppers is hardly likely to illicit a reasonable response from the police. Seems to me they had asked quite a few times for people to clear stairs and a very congested concourse. It also seems evident that people who weren't being confrontational were being allowed to move around freely.

If the noise was too loud and the police feel the need to clear an area that could prove dangerous if congested then they will use whatever restrained force is necessary...they were pulling folk out and pushing then out....actually that's quite a step in the right direction. A few years back they would have bloody well chinned you and kicked you out and put the odd boot in too.

However...I wasn't there and the problem with any sort of video clip is it gives a very selective view of what takes place. Pretty sure, as is always the case, those provoking and those just in the wrong place at the wrong time will have ended up receiving the same level of force.

So are you implying that everyone on that video deserves to be chucked out?

f*ck knows, but by the same token - are you implying none of them did?

I genuinely believe trouble is avoidable.

Sometimes police act like rumbleing idiots. Sometimes people act like rumbleing idiots. Sometimes people not necessarily acting like rumbleing idiots get caught in the crossfire between two sets of rumbleing idiots.

I don't see anything outrageous at all in that video. I also don't know why people think it would be wee wee easy to control a crowd of a few thousand pissed up adults in a tiny space.

"Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers"

smooth move boys. I wonder why they were riled up?

Sometimes police act like rumbleing idiots. Sometimes people act like rumbleing idiots. Sometimes people not necessarily acting like rumbleing idiots get caught in the crossfire between two sets of rumbleing idiots.

I don't see anything outrageous at all in that video. I also don't know why people think it would be wee wee easy to control a crowd of a few thousand pissed up adults in a tiny space.

Of course some will have deserved it. Some won't. Hundreds of games and never had bother, some of those being dragged by their jackets and thrown around like a rag doll could have said the same before the game yesterday.

I know the perfect way to control the problems yesterday though, serve beer at half time....

Guest Ru5ty

What a V Vanker you must be. Think you will find that the "scab" coppers moved in when 5 of your "hard" :laugh: men kicked flip out of a steward, who was stopping said "hard" :laugh: men forcing the shutter on the bar up. Most of those chucked out on that film, apart for that poor kid, were the ones "stirring it", you can see them being filmed by the "scab" coppers on the other thread.

Thank you for visiting Meadow Lane ( most of you ), Arnapie ( a striking miner , Calverton Colliery )

The reason the people were trying to force the shutter open was because thought it was apt to pull them down and shut people between the shutter and service desk ... Appalling we're not animals .. Yes there was people kickin off for beer but the rest simply wanted food and were refused it on no grounds .. Then when they didn't respond down came the shutters this happens at both food sections I went to !

what i dont get is NCFC can sell 4,5k tickets for a stand that doesnt have the facilities for anywhere near that number of people. Same at BFC in the cup. its time football supporters started being treat like the rest of society. Can you imagine going to a cinema with no toilets, that ran out of food and drink an hour before the film, and with ushers that told you to roger off and find your own seat? and when you complain you get arrested? its absolute madness!

The only trouble at half time was trying to get a pee or a pie and there was no need what so ever for the police to a) intervene or B ) do it so heavy handedly

Guest Ru5ty

what i dont get is NCFC can sell 4,5k tickets for a stand that doesnt have the facilities for anywhere near that number of people. Same at BFC in the cup. its time football supporters started being treat like the rest of society. Can you imagine going to a cinema with no toilets, that ran out of food and drink an hour before the film, and with ushers that told you to roger off and find your own seat? and when you complain you get arrested? its absolute madness!

The only trouble at half time was trying to get a pee or a pie and there was no need what so ever for the police to a) intervene or B ) do it so heavy handedly

This is pretty much absolutely spot on ..

Guest TT_owl

Proper lobbers them coppers no need at all its cos of them that a lot of trouble starts

Correct. The singing and celebrating is not causing any harm whatsoever. Utter lack of intelligence.

Guest Rob Jackson

some first class fools on this thread. Basically a minority were behaving like dicks, in the close confines of the concourse the police needed to take control, they did this by ejecting (for few minutes) a group around them. In normal none drunk times and with out being all billy big balls i am sure many of you will see they were doing the right thing but due to a small dark concourse and to the police - pandemonium - they acted how they saw fit. Did any one die, was anyone arrested who shouldn't have been?

Is the main grip because they were police and the beer was not on sale?

Well done for putting your head above the parapet.

I dont think those videos put us in a very good light to be honest.....not a big fan of heavy handed policing, but they were put in a difficult situation.

.....and even I knew there would be no alcohol served at half time and I'm in flipping Belgium.

Edited by Weshallovercome

Guest totemowl
Don't blame them for wading in with so many people acting like idiots in an enclosed space, but then to aggressively chuck the younger people out just because they can seems ridiculously over the top and just causes more problems with fans.

But look how many they managed to rescue! Could easily have been another black hole of Calcutta down there if they hadn't intervened.

Was anybody harmed during the making of this video. I sincerely hope not.

But AWWWW, what an OTT reaction from you lot. You complain at a few coppers throwing their weight about to alleviate pressure in an enclosed space - remind you of anything!!!! - but you sing and hum to their tune as the state is increasingly monitoring and controlling your privacy, information and livelihoods. You protesteth too little!!!

To be honest, the coppers are always up for a fight. Especially the riot squads etc.

The coppers that join the match day teams and the riot squads do it on the specific hope that they can get involved in a good scrap.

Same as the stewards I think.

If you don't want any trouble stay WELL away from the coppers at footy grounds.

Well done for putting your head above the parapet.

I dont think those videos put us in a very good light to be honest.....not a big fan of heavy handed policing, but they were put in a difficult situation.

.....and even I knew there would be no alcohol served at half time and I'm in flipping Belgium.

Is singing "if you dont rumbleing bounce then your a blade" and "theyre all rumbleing wobblers at the lane" a criminal offence?

If so, there should have been 4,500 people thrown out.

Other than doing the above, I can't see what they were doing wrong.

Care to explain what you can see different in flippingbelgium?

Edited by B.A Baracus