Notts Police at Half Time - SHOCKING VIDEO.

Guest Deleted member

I was at the game. I went downstairs about 2 mins before HT for a pee (just as they got the free kick on the edge of the area) as I was convinced they were going to score.

All the bars were closed, and the shutters down. The queue for the Gents was MASSIVE at the toilets in the middle of the stand, so I made my way down to the wing end where there was no queue. On my way back to the middle they must have blown for HT because crowds descended down the stairs into the narrow concourse, effectively creating a bottle neck. Took me ages to get back to the gangway to go up the stairs.

On the way back I witnessed literally hundreds of Wednesday fans banging on the shutters of the catering stands, and towards the centre the shutter at the end was open - and just being closed by one of the catering staff. He was explaining that the catering wasn't being opened, and was pushed around by some of the kids he was trying to explain to... 'You F***ing w**nkers','Were Wednesday we'll do what we want', 'Tin pot f***ing club', 'Get it f***ing open now you c**t' were just a few of the phrases used...

Mob rule. As I made the gangway they were busy trying to force the shutter.

As the 2nd half kicked off I was back at my seat and some of the guys in front were talking about what had happened downstairs - clearly after I'd left the concourse area. 'Loads of coppers, it all kicked off, did you see that steward get punched in the stomach, went down like a sack of spuds'

I've no idea what the lads in the video had done to be thrown out, but if the Police were trying to restore order and succeeded, and the lads were allowed back in, then sometimes its worth it. If it had kicked off and the Police were absent - people would have been asking other questions today. I saw quite a few young lads with their Dads yesterday - and they looked frightened.

We have to remember - we cater to all audiences now - its not just a jolly boys outing for a MASSIVE wee wee-up and a bit of bother with the coppers for everybody.

That said - I'm fully aware of how over-zealous the Police can be in that part of the country. I was thrown out of Pride Park a few years ago (my only ever problem in a ground) for telling 4 Policemen I was going to report them after they threw a Wednesday fan 'leg and a wing' style down a staircase a few seasons ago

Guest Darkus Owlus

Shocking video, they're just throwing out the youngest, thinnest and weakest kids they can find in the crowd, almost all of which are doing absolutely nothing.

Plenty of middle aged men just walked right through the Police in that video and weren't even looked at...

Cowardly flipping edits and ridiculously excessive throws.

I was at the game. I went downstairs about 2 mins before HT for a pee (just as they got the free kick on the edge of the area) as I was convinced they were going to score.

All the bars were closed, and the shutters down. The queue for the Gents was MASSIVE at the toilets in the middle of the stand, so I made my way down to the wing end where there was no queue. On my way back to the middle they must have blown for HT because crowds descended down the stairs into the narrow concourse, effectively creating a bottle neck. Took me ages to get back to the gangway to go up the stairs.

On the way back I witnessed literally hundreds of Wednesday fans banging on the shutters of the catering stands, and towards the centre the shutter at the end was open - and just being closed by one of the catering staff. He was explaining that the catering wasn't being opened, and was pushed around by some of the kids he was trying to explain to... 'You F***ing w**nkers','Were Wednesday we'll do what we want', 'Tin pot f***ing club', 'Get it f***ing open now you c**t' were just a few of the phrases used...

As the 2nd half kicked off I was back at my seat and some of the guys in front were talking about what had happened downstairs - clearly after I'd left the concourse area. 'Loads of coppers, it all kicked off, did you see that steward get punched in the stomach, went down like a sack of spuds'

I've no idea what the lads in the video had done to be thrown out, but if the Police were trying to restore order and succeeded, and the lads were allowed back in, then sometimes its worth it. If it had kicked off and the Police were absent - people would have been asking other questions today. I saw quite a few young lads with their Dads yesterday - and they looked frightened.

We have to remember - we cater to all audiences now - its not just a jolly boys outing for a MASSIVE wee wee-up and a bit of bother with the coppers for everybody.

That said - I'm fully aware of how over-zealous the Police can be in that part of the country. I was thrown out of Pride Park a few years ago (my only ever problem in a ground) for telling 4 Policemen I was going to report them after they threw a Wednesday fan 'leg and a wing' style down a staircase a few seasons ago

Where that occurred was nowhere near the shutters. Restoring order? A bunch of fans jumping and singing. They created far more problems than they solved.

Guest Deleted member

The fans jumping and singing made it impossible to pass in what was already an overcrowded area. If they weren't queuing for the toilets - why were they there?

Guest Deleted member

Where that occurred was nowhere near the shutters. Restoring order? A bunch of fans jumping and singing. They created far more problems than they solved.

Just watched the first video again FG - you can clearly see the shutters on the left of the fans bouncing?

Being a bit bored I checked the saftey certificate for the stadium (I sort of work in that area so knew how to find it easily).

As part of the certificate for full attendance the area outside is set aside for away fans during halftime. In short they are admitting there is not enough room for a full attendance in the concourse bit. I have emailed Notts County asking they make this clearer.

Guest Deleted member

Not sure they are on the video - but they definitely were when I was walking past (which was probably about 5/10 mins before the video was shot)

Guest Ripley Owl

Plus 1, great post, talking sense !

Grandad is right that football has to cater to all audiences, including very young.

It's an interesting point, and I'm not sure I agree.

It's like saying all action movies, or horror films should cater for the young. There's something exciting about going to a match with the old man when you're younger. It's almost like you're an adult, part of this mental world where your dad goes rumbleing nuts over 11 men on a field.

For 150 years its never catered for the young kids, and its done remarkably well without having to do that.

So why now? The 70s and 80s were horrendous times violence wise, and yet the next generation seemed perfectly capable of finding football. So I'm sure a few hundred singing, bouncing and dropping f bombs isn't going to do any long term damage.

Let's be right, if the only thing to look forward to at a match was the football, then we'd be in real crap then, cos the young uns would be bored out their skull.

I have contacted Notts county office after this and last seasons overcrowding of the concourse problem. They assure me that in future the concourse will be closed at half time and the entire Stand will be serviced by 250 waiters who will take orders and deliver them to your seat, the service will also include Urine bottles and bed pans for those in need of toilet facilities.

The ticket allocation will be cut to 3,000 on police advice

Re Grandads post: there in lies the problem of perception, You saw that, I didnt. I obviously came onto the concourse shortly after you, and all I saw were fans singing and having a bounce, and the policing seemed a MASSIVE over reaction. If they had seen (CCTV) what you saw then the response was right, but I still think heavy handed and likely to lead to more trouble / crushing than was already happening. If it was spotted on CCTV then deal with those responsible, dont just go chucking people about willy nilly.