Notts Police at Half Time - SHOCKING VIDEO.

Guest swfcadz

the police should have more sense police are there to calm things down and sort people who are making a scene or misbehaving and in that video they just chucked out anyone they could find mostly people trying to walk past and get out of the crush if you see towards the end one copper grabs the lad by the hoodie looks about 12 and throws him like a rag doll he didnt do anything wrong the police should have just said can you step outside to avoid the crush but they just pushed their way through

as an aside, rochdale was rammed on the concourse at half time, toilets were an impasse

singing, bouncing, all having a good old fashioned half time squeeze/moan

funny thing is I don't recall the boys in blue getting too big for their boots there

Guest StuTNB

Said this to someone on Twitter earlier that policing and stewarding is rarely not an issue at Meadow Lane. We have fans being thrown out each week, lots of angry men on power trips sadly.

Hopefully my comments in the Evening Gents thread will tell you i call things how i see them - but i watch that video and struggle to see much that's wrong. The police clearly need to get the crowd to disperse - not sure a few friendly smiles would've got the job done would it? Certainly it doesn't help matters that they're definitely singling out the younger ones in the crowd, but strong arm tactics were sadly the only option the local constabulary would've used.

If you do come back to Meadow Lane next season, sadly i think your allocation might be restricted a bit more than it was this year.

Also - seen stories on here of the lady in the teabar last year that had a nervous breakdown? Was told yesterday that was actually her last day working at Meadow Lane!

It's an interesting point, and I'm not sure I agree.

It's like saying all action movies, or horror films should cater for the young. There's something exciting about going to a match with the old man when you're younger. It's almost like you're an adult, part of this mental world where your dad goes rumbleing nuts over 11 men on a field.

For 150 years its never catered for the young kids, and its done remarkably well without having to do that.

So why now? The 70s and 80s were horrendous times violence wise, and yet the next generation seemed perfectly capable of finding football. So I'm sure a few hundred singing, bouncing and dropping f bombs isn't going to do any long term damage.

Let's be right, if the only thing to look forward to at a match was the football, then we'd be in real crap then, cos the young uns would be bored out their skull.

Just thought I'd comment on this.

Are you suggesting that Horror and Action films are in the same category as going to a football match? Don't agree with this at all, Father and Son/Daughter etc should be able to go to an away game without the danger of something happening to them, within a section of our own fans.

Shocking over - reaction , and the club should have announced that the bars wouldnt be open , and why not notices to say that the doors would be opened at half - time . The facilities are clearly inadequate and I was stuck on a staircase waiting to go for a pee - thank goodness I thought better of it . Problem could have been resolved so easily if club and police get together and talk things through properly . Self - fulfilling prophesy - if you expect trouble you 'll get it .

Guest Deleted member
Just thought I'd comment on this. Are you suggesting that Horror and Action films are in the same category as going to a football match? Don't agree with this at all, Father and Son/Daughter etc should be able to go to an away game without the danger of something happening to them, within a section of our own fans.

Im pleased someone has picked up on that - I thought I was being unreasonable

Shocking over - reaction , and the club should have announced that the bars wouldnt be open , and why not notices to say that the doors would be opened at half - time . The facilities are clearly inadequate and I was stuck on a staircase waiting to go for a pee - thank goodness I thought better of it . Problem could have been resolved so easily if club and police get together and talk things through properly . Self - fulfilling prophesy - if you expect trouble you 'll get it .

There were signs everywhere saying that the bars wouldnt be open at halftime

P S - I am in the s/stand but dont stay at home having watched wedy on over 70 grounds since 1956 , and weren't the police a little heavy handed with their own supporters too or were they just trying out their flag as a trampoline?

Being a bit bored I checked the saftey certificate for the stadium (I sort of work in that area so knew how to find it easily).

As part of the certificate for full attendance the area outside is set aside for away fans during halftime. In short they are admitting there is not enough room for a full attendance in the concourse bit. I have emailed Notts County asking they make this clearer.

seems everyone on here ignored you mate - but i suspect this is not far from being the real deal. The video does'nt paint us in good light but this happens, and normally; Preston for exampe; the actual facilities can actually handle the crowd. Unfortunately Notts County creamed over 4500 away fans' reveune but the facilities cearly can not deal with the amount. Over to the Notts SAG equilivant...but as its not Hillsborough its not on the radar

Some Wednesday fans were out of order some police were out of order. It's wrong to tarnish everyone with the same brush. Most anti police stories are based on this happened to someone I know etc rather than facts. Police have to in crowd control situations show authority, they have to command the situation that's why at times things seem heavy handed. Last year and this year it was a total joke at half time at meadow lane. Someone with a lot more authority than the officers in the stadium should have had more of a foresight

I go to a fair chunk of away games every season and to be fair we have some clowns who follow us, probably no different to any other club. Both my daughters are season tickets holders and I would like to take them to some away games, but theres no way I would take them at the moment. The clowns spoil it for the majority. Not saying that the Police were right yesterday, I wasn't in the concourse at half time, but some of our fans don't help the majority.

It's an interesting point, and I'm not sure I agree.

It's like saying all action movies, or horror films should cater for the young. There's something exciting about going to a match with the old man when you're younger. It's almost like you're an adult, part of this mental world where your dad goes rumbleing nuts over 11 men on a field.

For 150 years its never catered for the young kids, and its done remarkably well without having to do that.

So why now? The 70s and 80s were horrendous times violence wise, and yet the next generation seemed perfectly capable of finding football. So I'm sure a few hundred singing, bouncing and dropping f bombs isn't going to do any long term damage.

Let's be right, if the only thing to look forward to at a match was the football, then we'd be in real crap then, cos the young uns would be bored out their skull.

Not saying I disagree with you. However, during the 1970s and 80's football attendances took a MASSIVE dip, you only have to look at our attendances when the team was doing well in the top tier in the 80s. Other clubs like Chelsea, Sunderland, Newcastle. Leeds used to score below 20,000. Football was cheaper in those days but the crowds still dwindled.

IMO, part of the problem was that the game was being taken over by young men. Some of these men did become hooligans and in turn put off other supporters, both potential and regular, from coming to matches.

This was around the time I started going to matches and to be honest, I much preferred the games then when I felt that the game belonged to me and like minded folk. It was tribal and it felt good. I still managed to keep out of trouble in those days as direct fighting was not my cup of tea but I thoroughly enjoyed the vicious banter.

Then the culture of football has changed and we see the audience has increased to include more ethic minorities, women and children.

For the better, I let others decide, but the games is definitely more inclusive. If that stuff had happened in the 80s then i wouldn't have battered an eye lid but in this day, maybe not. I sure if it was a regular occurrences some of the young uns would be put off, if not by them then by their parents.

Edited by M Royds

Not saying I disagree with you. However, during the 1970s and 80's football attendances took a MASSIVE dip, you only have to look at our attendances when the team was doing well in the top tier in the 80s. Other clubs like Chelsea, Sunderland, Newcastle. Leeds used to score below 20,000. Football was cheaper in those days but the crowds still dwindled.

IMO, part of the problem was that the game was being taken over by young men. Some of these men did become hooligans and in turn put off other supporters, both potential and regular, from coming to matches.

This was around the time I started going to matches and to be honest, I much preferred the games then when I felt that the game belonged to me and like minded folk. It was tribal and it felt good. I still managed to keep out of trouble in those days as direct fighting was not my cup of tea but I thoroughly enjoyed the vicious banter.

Then the culture of football has changed and we see the audience has increased to include more ethic minorities, women and children.

For the better, I let others decide, but the games is definitely more inclusive. If that stuff had happened in the 80s then i wouldn't have battered an eye lid but in this day, maybe not. I sure if it was a regular occurrences some of the young uns would be put off, if not by them then by their parents.

But there's been a big dip in attendences recently as well, outside the big 6 or 7. 7 years ago, our first season in this division was averaging 24000. We've lost nearly 6000. And that's nothing to do with swearing, or violence...in my opinion it's being skint, and poo football.

You're right though. It is tribal. And it always should be in my opinion. Because in the end it's going to end up being the same as a trip to the cinema. And if you lose your young men, then you might as well close the doors and everyone watch Barcelona on a Saturday night.

But there's been a big dip in attendences recently as well, outside the big 6 or 7. 7 years ago, our first season in this division was averaging 24000. We've lost nearly 6000. And that's nothing to do with swearing, or violence...in my opinion it's being skint, and poo football.

You're right though. It is tribal. And it always should be in my opinion. Because in the end it's going to end up being the same as a trip to the cinema. And if you lose your young men, then you might as well close the doors and everyone watch Barcelona on a Saturday night.

Just looking at some stats from 86 on the link http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/archive/aveeng80.htm.

Our average was 19.797. This is top tier football when we played teams like Liverpool, Man U. The reason you give are bang on but also the culture around at the time also influenced attendances like being a particularly attractive pastime to young men.