Notts Police at Half Time - SHOCKING VIDEO.

Just looking at some stats from 86 on the link http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/archive/aveeng80.htm. Our average was 19.797. This is top tier football when we played teams like Liverpool, Man U. The reason you give are bang on but also the culture around at the time also influenced attendances like being a particularly attractive pastime to young men.

I had a full reply mapped out then, but the website I was using had the average attendance in 86 as 23.111.

So then I just started questioning everything.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

What's shocking? Police dealing with a pissed up minority who were in danger of causing a crush?

What a tailface you are. Copper?

Edited by Wab

I used to go with my dad up until the day before he died ( Villa at home 1st October 1988).

I'm trying to get my head round why the crowds were so relatively low and the only thing I can think of is that the standard of player wasn't nearly as good as now.

Clubs had a take it or leave it attitude to supporters I think, all living within their means (Alan Harper being a major signing!)

Not sure what that's brought to the debate but television coverage has meant more and more people have access to their clubs and may generate more interest.

Somehow, I've managed to attend hundreds of football games without being ejected forcibly.

Well done. What about the bigger picture, though?

They've probably been on duty since 9am, dealing with knobhead kids who get pissed on 2 pints, and middle aged blokes who ought to know better.

You are such an Idiot! Seriously! Shall I get you a ladder for when your ready to climb from your high horse oh holy one??

The coppers had to move in though.

What are fans doing in the players tunnel?

If you look from 2.10 min on, Rob Jones is having a problem getting back to the pitch for the second half.

It could have been a better joke if he had not gone off injured :tongue::mad: .

Edited by MAL

Guest SWFC_MUEL89

I got dragged outside at this game ( forcibly ) for trying to get to the loo, got back in 30 seconds later by walking 20 meters and getting in another gate. well worth all the hostility caused then Nottinghamshire police ...

Police are an easy target and always easy to slag off until you need them

But there never actually any use when needed, Did you watch the video of the riots?

Also never ever contact them unless you have video evidence of somebody commiting a crime against you as again its pointless, I've only ever had 1 good experience with a copper.

That said theres good and bad in every proffession but if your in the police it shouldnt be like that.

seems everyone on here ignored you mate - but i suspect this is not far from being the real deal. The video does'nt paint us in good light but this happens, and normally; Preston for exampe; the actual facilities can actually handle the crowd. Unfortunately Notts County creamed over 4500 away fans' reveune but the facilities cearly can not deal with the amount. Over to the Notts SAG equilivant...but as its not Hillsborough its not on the radar

Im used to it

Guest Wirrowl

Wouldn't have one in my house Vulva. Wouldn't shake hands with one. You are just an abusive troll. Lots on here mind. Carry on.

Guest Wirrowl

Wouldn't have one in my house Vulva. Wouldn't shake hands with one. You are just an abusive troll. Lots on here mind. Carry on.