Do you see 36 points from this?

Good post Daz.

We do seem to have had difficulty in putting the teams around us away. But so have other teams, hopefully no one will really make a splash by putting good form together in the "mini league".

I think the telling form will be against the so called "easy teams" as there will still be a few points dropped here as we did vs pools and walsall. Charlton dropped 2 points at home last night vs Bury and no one wouldve thought that.

Guest cypress hill

This is all well and good, but do the same with United's and Huddersfield's remaining fixtures. On paper, the only games than any of us should be dropping points in, are those against each other.

So we might achieve the 2 pts per game average, and end up finishing 4th!!!

agreed.if you put owt on here after a poor performance,or when we'v thrown late points away,people will tell you it's ok

"we'r still on course for 2 points a game"

it may have been good enough in previous seasons,but this season it won't because we can't beat the teams around us

I get 36

Yeovil H 3

Exeter A 1

Stevenage H 1

Chesterfield A 3

Sheffield Utd H 0

Rochdale A 1

Bury H 3

Bournemouth H 1

Notts County A 1

Walsall H 3

Leyton Orient A 3

Preston H 3

Huddersfield A 0

Oldham H 3

Colchester A 3

Carlisle H 3

Brentford A 1

Wycombe H 3

Edited by OxonOwl

Yeovil H 3pts

Exeter A 3pts

Stevenage H 1pt

Chesterfield A 3pts

Sheffield Utd H 3pts

Rochdale A 1pts

Bury H 3pt

Bournemouth H 1pt

Notts County A 1pts

Walsall H 3pt

Leyton Orient A 3pts

Preston H 1pt

Huddersfield A 0pt

Oldham H 3pts

Colchester A 3pts

Carlisle H 3pt

Brentford A 1pt

Wycombe H 3pts

I think we'll get 39 points.

This is all well and good, but do the same with United's and Huddersfield's remaining fixtures. On paper, the only games than any of us should be dropping points in, are those against each other.

Rhodes is still at the Udders, so they start 2-0 up every game. United now have Hoskins, Beattie and She-Said-No as their frontline options. So plenty of goals there too.

If it was just about us, I'd feel pretty confident; but it's not!

Unfortunately this post hits the nail on the head. We could WILL have a great run, but if others don't have a wobble it still may not be enough. It's absolutely vital we take points from our main threats, so beating the pig and the udders could be the diffence between automatic & playoffs.

Yeovil H - 3

Exeter A - 1

Stevenage H - 3

Chesterfield A - 0

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Rochdale A - 3

Bury H - 3

Bournemouth H - 1

Notts County A - 1

Walsall H - 3

Leyton Orient A - 1

Preston H - 3

Huddersfield A - 0

Oldham H - 3

Colchester A - 3

Carlisle H - 1

Brentford A - 0

Wycombe H - 3

= 35pts without my Wednesday bias and throwing in a couple of surprises.

Rhodes is still at the Udders, so they start 2-0 up every game. United now have Hoskins, Beattie and She-Said-No as their frontline options. So plenty of goals there too.

If it was just about us, I'd feel pretty confident; but it's not!

Can Rhodes keep up his fantastic form? I doubt it. Udders seem to be a team relying on Rhodes's goals so if he falters then there is a very good chance that Udders follow suit.

Can Hoskins return to the form he was in prior to joining Brighton? There's no guarantee. Take the example of Ryan Lowe who was scoring for fun before he joined us but seems to have gone off the boil now (maybe down to injury) - this could happen to Hoskins. Plus he hasn't played much since the end of last season.

Will Evans's court case play on his mind and affect his form? I can't say that it wouldn't effect me irrespective of whether I was innocent or guilty.

Can Beattie shed the pounds and return to his old form or is he passed it? He's not pulling up any trees at the moment.

Will Madine return to form? Will Lowe or COG find their scoring boots? Can Clinton roll back the years?

Will Stevenage make a late run?

The fantastic thing about football is that nothing is certain.

Yeovil H - 3

Exeter A - 3

Stevenage H - 3

Chesterfield A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Rochdale A - 3

Bury H - 3

Bournemouth H - 1

Notts County A - 3

Walsall H - 3

Leyton Orient A - 1

Preston H - 3

Huddersfield A - 1

Oldham H - 3

Colchester A - 1

Carlisle H - 1

Brentford A - 0

Wycombe H - 3

39 points.

I can see why people might think that several teams might break through 90 points, but I'm still not sure myself - and history would definitely say they won't.

Huddersfield have 18 games left to get 36 points but 5 of their 18 games are against top 6 teams. If they achieve a similar return in those 5 games, it will leave them needing 28 points from 13 games - so more than 2 points a game.

United have 19 games to get 37 points, with 4 of their 19 games against top 6 teams. Again, if they achieve a similar return in thise 4 games, it will leave them needing 34 points from 15 games - so potentially a harder task than Huddersfield to get to 90 points.

MK have 19 games to get 42 points and doing the same math as above, they will need to get 39 points from 16 games - tougher still.

Stevenage have 19 games to get 45 points - doing the same math they will need to get 37 points from 15 games - just as tough.

So, coming to us, we have 18 games to get 36 points - getting a similar return from the 3 games against the top 6 will leave us needing 33 points from 15 games - just better off than United but slightly worse than Huddersfield.

In reality, no-one knows what will happen - all you can do is adopt a statistical approach - if you do, then you can see it is a tough ask for any one of the 5 teams above to get past 90 points - so to get more than one doing it to get in 2nd place - whilst possible, is not supported statistically.

We just have to worry about us getting to 90 - if we do then we give ourselves a great chance of automatic.