Re arranged Why ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

We may have requested the change, but Oldham & the Football League Executive have to agree to it.

Not disputing that, would just like to know why the club have changed a fixture that so many enjoy going to, after the First, Last, and Festive fixtures Easter Monday is a game that many want first to be a Home game, and secondly actually want to go to.

As for it being anything to do with GM wanting an extra day between games, that surely cannot be the case can it, sounds as plausible as S Yorkshire police not wanting to pay any Overtime for working on a bank Holiday, Hmmmm

One little statement from the one part of the club thats seemingly gone backward (PR) would help in me understanding the baffling logic of this one.

Edited by intercity0wl

Fookin' great...

Another home match that I'll struggle to get to.

When I weigh up the pros and cons of a season ticket, the number of Saturday games is a key element.

A two hundred mile round trip having to deal with M60 and/or M62 evening traffic, which adds best part of an hour to the journey really wee wees me off.

Easter Monday is a traditional football date.

Can I have a refund of 2x matchday tickets please...?

NOT HAPPY

Guest Buxtonian

Irrespective of who or what has caused the change, the 'statement' from the club leaves much to be desired. If they are going to change things around willi-nilly what is the reason for a Fixture List? The treatment of the fans is disgusting. Like 33, I have a fair round trip, and am struggling to make Tues nights. Contrary to what the club think, some of us have other commitments. I would have been struggling to make all the Tues. games anyway, and this extra one is a no-no. I'm afraid that the club are making it uneconomical for me to buy a Season Ticket, and consequently, next season, I will 'Cherry-Pick' my matches. Instead of going to all the games, I will forget the Tues. Night games and those against the 'crap' clubs.

Edited by Buxtonian

Aside from any personal inconvenience, accommodation and entertainment for six people that may now have to be rearranged, surely doesn't make economic sense?'as others have said, a bright sunny bank holiday Monday fixture with a team from just across the Penines would have been a 25,000+ crowd if we were still there or thereabouts

It will have nothing to do with Megson wanting an extra day between fixtures. Many teams play twice in 3 day at Christmas and Easter.

Local businesses (pubs etc) also suffer when day matches are moved to evening. Why is the club silent on this???