Re arranged Why ?

Guest intercity0wl

I've actually taken drastic action as a result of this - and called the club for an explanation... strange how no one else did that but sat pressing their keys harder and harder in exasperation at WHY THE CLUB HAVENT COME ON OWLSTALK AND EXPLAINED

lol

Obviously part of the reason has been explained - however when I pointed out the potential loss of revenue from not having the game oon a Bank Holiday it was also pointed out that in the previous 3 seasons the Bank Holiday fixture has attracted less people than in the corresponding fixture the season before...

Seems that moving the fixture will not only give the team longer to prepare and rejuvenate - but will actually allow more people to attend than normal

What's the betting then, that come the next game (presumably Saturday - can't be arsed to check though) that either before the game - or after if we lose - we hear a moan from Ginger Mourinho that we were tired because we had less time to prepare for it....

lol

I've actually taken drastic action as a result of this - and called the club for an explanation... strange how no one else did that but sat pressing their keys harder and harder in exasperation at WHY THE CLUB HAVENT COME ON OWLSTALK AND EXPLAINED

I e-mailed a complaint to the club this morning.

Surprisingly, no reply as yet...!

We never had any of this when John or Charlie were in charge.

OR when Dickie sorts things out...!

Edited by 33

Guest intercity0wl

With the size and quality of our squad I would have thought 2 games in 3 days would give us an advantage over our opponents.

But its not because of that is it, that was just their first excuse reason, they have since told Grandad it is because research over the last three years corresponding fixtures shows many more people would love it to be a 7.45 KO on a Tuesday evening instead.

Given our poo attendances all this season, maybe we ought to reverse all the fixtures and play all the Saturday & Bank holiday ones midweek and all the midweek ones on a Saturday.

That ought to get revenue up...

Along with the rip-off price increases on the catering stands, we'll be able to compete with affluent clubs like West Ham and The Pigs as we climb back up the League ladder.

If Oldham have a game Saturday too then rest and recuperation is same for both sides. If they don't (I haven't checked) then I can see some logic.

Still waiting for all the posters saying whoopee I now have a free bank holiday and a game to go to on Tuesday night. Well pissed off with this.

That's the thing, thousands of people inconvenienced and there's no evidence to suggest that the extra rest has the slightest effect. Didn't we go into the Bournemouth match, having shortchanged our fans by resting our first teamers for the cup match only to be beaten by our hosts, who'd played their first team in both matches.

Guest Deleted member

But its not because of that is it, that was just their first excuse reason, they have since told Grandad it is because research over the last three years corresponding fixtures shows many more people would love it to be a 7.45 KO on a Tuesday evening instead.

Thats not what I said though is it.

Does this mean the weekend season ticket no longer covers that game? I believe all bank holiday games were covered but now this is mid week does it still count?

(and before anyone says weekend season tickets were stopped my mrs got one before they pulled them)

I asked this question for you - and yes the weekend season tickets will count for this one

lol

Obviously part of the reason has been explained - however when I pointed out the potential loss of revenue from not having the game oon a Bank Holiday it was also pointed out that in the previous 3 seasons the Bank Holiday fixture has attracted less people than in the corresponding fixture the season before...

Seems that moving the fixture will not only give the team longer to prepare and rejuvenate - but will actually allow more people to attend than normal

Good work Nigel.

For future reference can you tell us the name of the person we need to speak to at the club in case a similar keyboard banging session threatens to develop.

(A direct phone number might also be beneficial based on previous attempts to contact the club)

Guest wednesdayloyal

who gives a sh/t about the attendance? if gm thinks its better our players get an extra day to recover from a yorkshire derby and therefore perform better and get the points we need to get out of this league in the next game im all for it.. i'm sure we can all enjoy bigger crowds if we get in the championship... bigger picture

Guest Big Guns

who gives a sh/t about the attendance? if gm thinks its better our players get an extra day to recover from a yorkshire derby and therefore perform better and get the points we need to get out of this league in the next game im all for it.. i'm sure we can all enjoy bigger crowds if we get in the championship... bigger picture

That's reight selfish that wot about all the people who wanted to go but can't now

Guest wednesdayloyal

That's reight selfish that wot about all the people who wanted to go but can't now

what about em? i wont be losing sleep over it :biggrin: but if we dont win then i might :mad: