Re arranged Why ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

It will have nothing to do with Megson wanting an extra day between fixtures. Many teams play twice in 3 day at Christmas and Easter.

Local businesses (pubs etc) also suffer when day matches are moved to evening. Why is the club silent on this???

If only it were just this though is it ?, bring back DJ 0845 AND Caz i say, even if 90% of what they said was spin, which was spoon fed to them under Hypnosisi, at least we got to Know why certain decisions were taken, now the silence is deafening, which causes more anger and rumour than hearing intermittent half truths.

Guest intercity0wl

It's a strange one, I would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

Well here is your answer chaps,i knew a little FB rant would draw them into a response, I still maintain its a shocking decision in every way.

The game was moved at the Manager's request and with the opposition's agreement, due to us playing on the Saturday beforehand also.

Edited by intercity0wl

Well here is your answer chaps,i knew a little FB rant would draw them into a response, I still maintain its a shocking decision in every way.

The game was moved at the Manager's request and with the opposition's agreement, due to us playing on the Saturday beforehand also.

Same as everyone else then!

flipping rubbish

Guest Deleted member

I've actually taken drastic action as a result of this - and called the club for an explanation... strange how no one else did that but sat pressing their keys harder and harder in exasperation at WHY THE CLUB HAVENT COME ON OWLSTALK AND EXPLAINED

lol

Obviously part of the reason has been explained - however when I pointed out the potential loss of revenue from not having the game oon a Bank Holiday it was also pointed out that in the previous 3 seasons the Bank Holiday fixture has attracted less people than in the corresponding fixture the season before...

Seems that moving the fixture will not only give the team longer to prepare and rejuvenate - but will actually allow more people to attend than normal

It will have nothing to do with Megson wanting an extra day between fixtures. Many teams play twice in 3 day at Christmas and Easter.

Local businesses (pubs etc) also suffer when day matches are moved to evening. Why is the club silent on this???

lol

Hate to say I told you so!

Guest Deleted member

lol

Guest intercity0wl

I've actually taken drastic action as a result of this - and called the club for an explanation... strange how no one else did that but sat pressing their keys harder and harder in exasperation at WHY THE CLUB HAVENT COME ON OWLSTALK AND EXPLAINED

lol

Obviously part of the reason has been explained - however when I pointed out the potential loss of revenue from not having the game oon a Bank Holiday it was also pointed out that in the previous 3 seasons the Bank Holiday fixture has attracted less people than in the corresponding fixture the season before...

Seems that moving the fixture will not only give the team longer to prepare and rejuvenate - but will actually allow more people to attend than normal

I tthink that can be easily understood by anybody who takes a look back at the Corresponding games, and compares which division these games were being played in, who the opposition were, combined with the current form at the time and what was left to play for.

So which part of the clubs spin is right on this one, is it a crazy notion one given to you that we will get more at the game on a tuesday night ?, or is it the one given on FB that GM wants an extra day for the team to recover, an extra day other teams dont need, and does not inconvenience their fanbase.

Edited by intercity0wl

After missing out on the Christmas Bank Holiday games we'd build the whole birthday weekend around going to the game on Mon, it's traditional and something that people look forward to. We have accommodation booked for Fri, Sat and Sun nights so I'm gonna phone around the rest of the guys and see what they want to do. My feelings are that I'll try and get us tickets for the game at Huddersfield but that may not be easy as there's 6 of us. Does anybody remember what allocation we had last season and will they make general sale?

lol