OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

Guest Sheff Owl

Well Rob Jones, Gary Madine, Julian Bennett, Clinton Morrison, Jermaine Johnson and even David Prutton to some extent have all been getting it in the neck this season. By the end of the season every player will have been slagged off and we have only played 9 league matches.

I'd be gutted if Clinton left for many reasons. If he were to leave at this stage of the season, with the transfer window closed, it would be another indication that the club is once again falling apart around us. Its fast turning out to be another nothing season.

Clinton has been one of the few positives of this season. The goal at Charlton, the goals that he has set up for others and the standing ovations every time he has been subbed say it all. Yet how quickly the fickle fans turn.

Wednesday fans will never change. Wonder if the same people who are slagging Clinton off are the same ones who gave Lewis Buxton all the abuse or the same one who were booing John Sheridan before the cup final.

He's got a fair few assists this season, but hasnt been able to get many shots off, that instinct seems to have waned a little bit.

He's on big money here, so if we were able to replace him with a hard worker who also scores goals then its a no brainer. I wish him luck for the future though (but not against us, he's scored enough against us).

Clinton Morrison's game and reason he is a pro footballer is because he is/was a goal poacher, a poor mans Micheal Owen if you like.

He isnt someone that is going to contribute much else to the team. For that reason, if he doesnt score, which to fair he hasnt done consistantly for years, its difficult to justify playing him.

If it is true that he is going then i wish him luck, he has put that bit more effort in this season but he is a player who will be judged on goals, and goals alone and its safe to say they have been few and far between.