OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

Guest Sheff Owl

Morrison was getting praise but a hell of a lot of people earlier in the season now of all of a sudden he is getting slagged off??

We have not got a clue what has gone off - how do we know who is in the right or wrong?

Morrison has NOT been the worst player this season, yet he gets it the most in the neck!!

Yes you can turn around and say it maybe ain't worked out as well as we thought it would have and he admitted last season he had been poor and has said now he feels fitter, Madine has even just praised him and enjoys playing along side him, so obviously Morrison is contributing.

For whatever reason it seems Megson has not taken to Morrison (not just him tho) and not every manager get's on with every player but i repeat this season Clinton has not been our worst player.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

• He's been much fitter, enthusiastic & therefore better this season.

• Just because he hasn't set the league alight with goals doesn't mean he isn't doin well, he's set up MANY of Madine's goals this season.

• Apart from loaning McGoldrick (who's rumored to be playing on the wing instead of JJ anyway) there's only him & Madine currently available !!

• He's the ONLY striker that wants the ball played to his feet and not down the channels or up int air - something we NEED to encourage throughout the team

• Will fight for his place and will never shy away from bad / poor results / performances.

• He's a proven striker at higher quality = Premier League, Championship & International level

Need I go on ??

Shame he did not bring any of that to the table then, his attitude is poor better without if the rumours are true.

Guest dunellaowl

Bad attitude, horrible person.

It's not always about the ability. BAD APPLE

Personally I think he's useless and would like to know why you think he's decent?

I'll be one of many I guess to say... Good riddance!

clinton morrison is NOT a horrible person, judge him on what you see on the pitch, he is a top bloke and he has loved playing for wednesday! A useless player doesn't play in the premier league and represent his country! I'm disgusted to hear you judge him as a person when you don't even know him! So how do you like them fvckin APPLES!!!

Guest dunellaowl

Bad attitude, horrible person.

It's not always about the ability. BAD APPLE

Personally I think he's useless and would like to know why you think he's decent?

I'll be one of many I guess to say... Good riddance!

clinton morrison is NOT a horrible person, judge him on what you see on the pitch, he is a top bloke and he has loved playing for wednesday! A useless player doesn't play in the premier league and represent his country! I'm disgusted to hear you judge him as a person when you don't even know him! So how do you like them fvckin APPLES!!!

Yes, I know all the lads down there and o don't need to answer why.

It sounds like either you work for the club or in and around the club and see what the players are like in their work environment. To describe Clinton as a horrible person on this basis is a bit much. Yes he is an arrogant footballer but do you really know him well enough to suggest this is what he is like away from football? Plenty of players portray a different persona when playing to what they are like away from the game.

• He's been much fitter, enthusiastic & therefore better this season.

• Just because he hasn't set the league alight with goals doesn't mean he isn't doin well, he's set up MANY of Madine's goals this season.

• Apart from loaning McGoldrick (who's rumored to be playing on the wing instead of JJ anyway) there's only him & Madine currently available !!

• He's the ONLY striker that wants the ball played to his feet and not down the channels or up int air - something we NEED to encourage throughout the team

• Will fight for his place and will never shy away from bad / poor results / performances.

• He's a proven striker at higher quality = Premier League, Championship & International level

Need I go on ??

1. It's his job to be fit and enthusiastic - thats not a pro, it's a requirement of being a professional footballer.

2. He wants the ball played into his feet? His first touch is awful at time, prime example in the build up to Madines first against MK Dons.

3. I'd fight for my place in the team and not shy away - again, a requirement not a pro.

4. Just because he's done it in the past at a higher level doesn't mean he's still got it, does it? Would you play David Hirst?

He's an arrogant fvcker who loves attention and wants everything to be about him, e.g after madines goal against MK Dons.

Good riddance.

Edited by B.A Baracus

Just flip off with this anti-Morrison poo .

Not just Morrison either is it, its a different player every week getting singled out for criticism.

Fair play when you criticise a collective poor team performance as witnessed on Tuesday, but absolutely slagging an individual off when we've already acknowledged an improvement in his effort, work rate, and committment this season, is just not on.

Give over mate - it’s the prerogative of the paying fan - if you think Morrison is what we need then fine. I feel you want him to improve but he's too old, slow and is unwilling/able to put himself about and his constant whining is only a distraction of his lack of quality. He may have been half decent in days gone by but we really do need better.

If you want a counter-blance, i rate Madine and feel he could be a quality player, and has time to improve. Clap Clap

Guest OwlDownSouth

I'm amazed at how quickly people on this board will turn on someone on the basis of an unsubstantiated rumour... Just a few days ago there were so many posts praising his attitude and commitment.

I'm not surprised that our players confidence is an issue when they will get slaughtered by their own fans because of an itk thread!

Morrison has worked hard this season and has provided Madine with certainly a few goals this season (opener V MK comes to mind), in addtion to getting one or two. He is also a real character in the dressing room and seems generally fun to be around and a bit of a joker.

If he has gone I'll be a bit disappointed as I still felt he could offer us something this season, though for his goal return his wages have been a bit OTT. Hopefully one of COG or Lowe are back soon now.

Will only be no great loss if either O'Grady or Lowe or both are ready to return now. If not then we are back in a position with just two strikers, one who hasn't played for the club yet and another of our main attacking options is suspended for 3 games. He has proved to be a good foil for Madine in the home games this season and has been no worse than anyone else in away matches.

Being no worse than anyone else is no endorsement for me I'm afraid. We will probably play Madine as the lone striker tomorrow anyway and pack out midfield to try to make sure we don't lose. Hopefully Lowe will be back for next Saturday or very soon after.

Give over mate - it’s the prerogative of the paying fan - if you think Morrison is what we need then fine. I feel you want him to improve but he's too old, slow and is unwilling/able to put himself about and his constant whining is only a distraction of his lack of quality. He may have been half decent in days gone by but we really do need better.

If you want a counter-blance, i rate Madine and feel he could be a quality player, and has time to improve. Clap Clap

Differences of opinion are healthy to sustain debate but putting individuals under the microscope isn't healthy, nor is it conducive to developing a healthy spirit within the overarching Wednesday community.

As my good friend Grandad would say, if we'd signed Mellor, none of this would have happened.

Guest gingerowl1

He posted on twitter 30 mins ago asking what was wrong with @Victoria1867 who was going on about him leaving and it being a disgrace. Either not true that he's gone, or he's not allowed to say anything!

1. It's his job to be fit and enthusiastic - thats not a pro, it's a requirement of being a professional footballer. Because all the other players we've had over the years have really shown both - not to mention ability. IF they had that, then we wouldn't be in League 1 !!

2. He wants the ball played into his feet? His first touch is awful at time, prime example in the build up to Madines first against MK Dons. You mean the goal he set Madine up for ? Yeah - great example

3. I'd fight for my place in the team and not shy away - again, a requirement not a pro. Obviously you would cause your a Wednesday fan and not currently a footballer. I don't see Reynolds 'fighting for his place', and for large periods last season Mellor wasn't bothered about 'fighting for his place' !!

4. Just because he's done it in the past at a higher level doesn't mean he's still got it, does it? Would you play David Hirst? ..... I don't think I need to answer that you sarky git

He's an arrogant fvcker who loves attention and wants everything to be about him, e.g after madines goal against MK Dons.

Good riddance.

with the acquisitions of lowe and cog, morrison would have been fourth choice without any doubt

his work rate has been much better this season but as a striker he just isn't dangerous

there are many who could huff and puff in the same manner for much less money

i'd like to think we won't miss anything other than his personality

and to be fair even that is all about him

I'm amazed at how quickly people on this board will turn on someone on the basis of an unsubstantiated rumour... Just a few days ago there were so many posts praising his attitude and commitment.

I'm not surprised that our players confidence is an issue when they will get slaughtered by their own fans because of an itk thread!

spot on!

I'm pretty ashamed by this thread really, if it is just someone messing about then this is exactly the reaction to players that has seen them not give a flip about the fans

Guest BoomTownOwls

Megson doesn't seem to have any problems with players he has brought in. Only then will it become a problem in my opinion.

Megson is the manager and if he doesn't rate Clinton and/or doesn't like his attitude then he should get rid without any need of explanation to the fans.

Personally, I wouldn't put up with one of my employees moaning about work on Twitter either.