OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

Guest Sheff Owl

There is no evidence to say this is true!!

Let's just say we rip up his contract - we have to pay him the rest of his contract (can we afford too?)

We could have tried a mutual agreement to end the deal - we still have to find a figure to pay him off with and he does not have to accept it, he can just say here. (again do we have the money)

If he has left permanent then he CAN'T play for another club till the window opens in January and in between get's no pay.

The other option is a loan move - which he turned down in the summer.

Clinton needs a playmaker, a creator of opportunities, we haven't had one, haven't got one and not likely to get one, so he has been and is ineffectual, best for all parties if he moves on.

He also probably needs and wants to be playing in or around London.

Clinton Morrison's game and reason he is a pro footballer is because he is/was a goal poacher, a poor mans Micheal Owen if you like.

He isnt someone that is going to contribute much else to the team. For that reason, if he doesnt score, which to fair he hasnt done consistantly for years, its difficult to justify playing him.

If it is true that he is going then i wish him luck, he has put that bit more effort in this season but he is a player who will be judged on goals, and goals alone and its safe to say they have been few and far between.

One of the worst descriptions of a player I've ever seen.

Next you'll be saying JOC is a poor man's Zidane !

Guest Sheff Owl

Again he can't go to another club because the window is closed!! Only on Loan

If he was a free agent before the window closed then you can sign them at any point - ie Jason Koumas.

If you become a free agent after the window closes then you are stuffed till January.

Edited by Sheff Owl

It would make sense it being true.

It's been coming for a while. Some of the comments Morrison has been making, it's clear he isn't happy. He posted something on Twitter last night about him being 5th choice striker and people saying it's personal.

Also, he was on Twitter an hour ago but nothing been said.

I wish all the players had his attitude.

Would be sad to see him leave, some players and managers simply don't like it when another player cares more than them.

His attitude?

What, whinging everytime something doesn't go 'his' way.

His lack of effort at times last season was terrible. Granted, this season he's looked interested, but he's hardly been outstanding.

He posted on twitter 30 mins ago asking what was wrong with @Victoria1867 who was going on about him leaving and it being a disgrace. Either not true that he's gone, or he's not allowed to say anything!

He didn't know I knew then. Someone I know who happened to be at the TG today saw it all happen.

He may not have gone completely yet... I think it could surprise people.

One of the worst descriptions of a player I've ever seen.

Next you'll be saying JOC is a poor man's Zidane !

So your saying Owen & Morrison are not goal poachers that have operated at different levels of the game? (not Owen Morrison :smile: ) IMO they clearly are.

JOC and Zidane if you can ignore the huge differnce in standard, are also different kind of players. Owen and Morrison are not.

Guest Sheff Owl

fanhousepercy

Clinton Morrison has been transfer-listed by #swfc. #MKDonsare trying to sign him on loan #owls

That is what would be expected there is NO WAY we will be paying him off - we can't afford it and if we did would it impact in January? - maybe!

We can only really loan him out even then he can turn it down.

His attitude?

His lack of effort at times last season was terrible. Granted, this season he's looked interested, but he's hardly been outstanding.

Should have been made club captain.

He is the alpha male, it takes a certain manager to be able to tame an alpha male.

Same zhit, different season I'm afraid.

Sheffield Wednesday the amateur and backward thinking club.

You lot on here make me laugh .morrison puts 110% every game he plays the only player who has passion are you all happy that megson is simply getting rid of a player because he dosent like him ..I wish u all knew exactly wot he is like.he is a arrogant tail who will fetch our club down further -f morrison had done something wrong then fare enough ..but just cus he don't like him is not on ..has megsons signing showed much ,NO!!! Then he fetched a striker in who is slow not go great at scoring then ask him to leave ..u all want to be dragging megson down not players ..treat like crap ..never any praise ..reality is the only player he praises is madine who come on how was some of is goals set up ...MEGSON OUT cus while he is in charge the club is going no were .

His attitude?

Some people would call it passion. Rather than just slumping & shrugging your shoulders, he actually wanted to fight everything that didn't go his way - for the good of SWFC.

Should have been made club captain.

He is the alpha male, it takes a certain manager to be able to tame an alpha male.

Same zhit, different season I'm afraid.

Sheffield Wednesday the amateur and backward thinking club.

I agree !!

Look at Joey Barton - automatically captain (yes I know it's not club captain) for QPR ... and after all his bad rep too !