OFFICIAL - Morrison Gone To MK Dons

Guest Sheff Owl

I hope he does put up a fight - he has NOT been our worst player this season. Yet he constantly get's it.

Yet our top scorer has just come out and praised Morrison and enjoys playing along side him.

So he obviously contributes or is Madine wrong?

Edited by Sheff Owl

Should have been made club captain.

This. One notable moment from the KFC Dons game, we were under a bit of pressure defending the Kop end. We had given away a cheap corner. Clinton Morrison stormed into the box and gave one or two players a b0lloking. Rob Jones stood there and did nothing. Now this is not a dig at Jones but it takes a certain type of character to be captain. You need to be vocal, demanding, respected and experienced. Clinton has looked more like a captain and a leader than most this season.

Don't worry mate, most fans like dumplings such as Bullen who are crap but hide it behind being 'nice blokes'

Also this. I find it bizarre that people like Lee Bullen who had little talent but was "nice" is idolised by many. Owls fans are always harping on about Bullen and Coughlan being great player purely for being "triers" yet they treat Clinton like this.

If you accept mediocrity then you should expect mediocrity.

True .... and I think your point is probably more valid than mine, but Heskey was the driving force to keep Wigan in the Premiership - especially in the final game against Sheff Utd ... n not just down to his size & strength

And what a good job he did, however someone that will bang the goals in to take us towards the top end of the table is what we need, and the stats show Morrison has not done that for years. I do like Morrison but you can only give someone so much time.

You should see the abuse players get on twitter all the time, regardless of performance half the time.

That's because the majority of idiots think their point is more valid and people want to listen to them more.

It's a bit like your namesake - Praise Or Grumble - 80% of the callers are complete morons, regardless of club.

Don't worry mate, most fans like dumplings such as Bullen who are crap but hide it behind being 'nice blokes'

For years we have said we have had enough of them and when we get someone with a sting in his tail everyone moans.

Morrison didn't have to score to be an influence on the pitch.

Don't see the relavence of Bullen in this. He wasn't the best player by a long shot but he was a good leader and an influential part of why our team spirit was so good back then. He was clearly a good captain.

Not saying Morrison wouldn't be for different reasons, just don't see your point regarding Bullen and the captaincy.

If Morrison has been shunted out then it is another embarrasing episode in a string of events already this season. Things are certainly not as settled as they should be by now.

Clintons been vastly improved this season but my view is that he is still one of the weak links in the team. He loses possession far too easily and many of our attacks break down when they get to him.

From what Ive heard there was a fall out this morning and he was sent home home and told to find himself another club.

As a manager you have to deal with individuals inappropriate behavior. Its part of the job. And you have to make decisions for the benefit of the whole not just a part. Reflect on Megsons comments about individual responsibility and not always seeking to blame others and consider who he may have been talking about given todays news?

And what a good job he did, however someone that will bang the goals in to take us towards the top end of the table is what we need, and the stats show Morrison has not done that for years. I do like Morrison but you can only give someone so much time.

But Morrison was never going to get us 20+ goals a season. Regardless of where he's been or how well he's done, he's never been a prolific goalscorer - but he has plenty of assets he brings to the team.