Retained List

Is this refering to the ones who's contracts expires? or does this mean that the likes of teale, sedgwick and potter are staying??

Just out of contract players.

We won't make public the list of available players...

I'd imagine thats a lot longer though.

JOC gets a contract and Miller doesn't thats mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miller is clearly the better player, but he's also probably the highest paid player at the club by some distance - which is why he's been let go.

JOC gets a contract and Miller doesn't thats mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet the difference in £££'s is what swung it.

O'Connor does appear to be happy now under Megson and maybe likes his position in the squad more then the larger contract.

I believe he's also getting his coaching badges with us?

I'm still underwhelmed, but I can understand the reasoning.

Guest S13OWL

Right decision about Miller, games pass him by.

As for O'Connor being given a new contract ... angry.gif

Edited by S13OWL

JOC?

What a flipping travesty. He is flipping poo poo and we WILL NOT GET PROMOTED with him in the team.

Gutted.

Yep.

A lightweight headless chicken who's meant to be a ball winner but has spent the majority of the last 2 years not being able to get within 5 yards of opposition midfielders.

I pray that he's only being retained as a 4th choice back-up. And to make it worse he's the only one will will defo accept the contract offer, Buxton and JJ will have other offers to consider.

Miller is clearly the better player, but he's also probably the highest paid player at the club by some distance - which is why he's been let go.

His contract was up and so could have been offered less wages than before though.

Sheffield Wednesday will be offering new contracts to James O'Connor.

Absolutely gobsmacked by this.

As if 3 flippingyears of watching him chase shadows and clap vigorously isn't enough for us?!

Madness. Complete and utter madness.

I've been 100% behind Megson up until this point. I think this is a very very very big mistake.

Guest brockowl

thats right folks the man who has very limited football ability if any at all will be spear heading a promotion push next season. with his fantastic clapping ability we cant fail.