Retained List

People seem to be forgetting Miller's goals.

He scored 9 league goals this season. O'Connor, 2.

A goal scoring midfielder can make a massive difference.

Im pretty sure this be rectified for a lot less money.

Im pig sick of having over paid players.

Guest FoggyS17

Top man Megson for retaining O'Conner, every club needs a battling midfielder

Does anyone on here actually know anything about football!?

Bit puzzled that if Megson knew he was going to be getting rid of Miller, why was he a fixture in the starting line-up towards the end of the season?

Ok, an experienced head in the middle was valuable, but once we were mathematically safe from the drop he could have tried out Coke or Palmer in the centre for a few games to see what they could do.

poo poo we have released Miller who although talented has hardly been a world beater for us and was probably the highest paid player at the club and kept on O'Connor who although not the best is probably a lot cheaper to keep as third or fourth choice.

WE ARE DOOOOOMED!!!!!! Relegation beckons.........

OR

Megson has decided Miller is not worth the money as we have Coke, Palmer and he may be looking for one or two others in which case Miller may not get a game so O'Connor is a cheaper option as a backup player plus hes doing his coaching badges and might do some coaching?

Yes but Miller would not have been offered the wages he was on whilst he was here would he now.. getting on a bit and would have been offered a much cheaper deal. O'Connor might be cheap, but he is sh*t- just because he is cheap doesn't mean we have to retain him

Guest BoomTownOwls

People seem to be forgetting Miller's goals.

He scored 9 league goals this season. O'Connor, 2.

A goal scoring midfielder can make a massive difference.

Penalties don't count. :ph34r:

Don't read to much into contracted players and loans this is just sorting out realeased players and offering new any new signings will take a week or two,

But megson said he wants a healthy squad of 23 so 2 have gone then 5 loans are gone leaving 22 providing the 3 accept new contracts, so to bring 6 in we need to move on 5 more players

FFS ..... JOC. This beggars belief! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :mad:

Guest Kray

dont know why people are so surprised, was pretty much a guarantee him getting one i thought.

out of the retained list the only one we will be left with is the midfield maestro that is o'connor.... :rolleyes:

buxton and jj will go the league above.

Bit puzzled that if Megson knew he was going to be getting rid of Miller, why was he a fixture in the starting line-up towards the end of the season?

Ok, an experienced head in the middle was valuable, but once we were mathematically safe from the drop he could have tried out Coke or Palmer in the centre for a few games to see what they could do.

He didn't.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Miller move up to Hartlepool, where he has one eye on joining the coaching set up.

JOC will.

He'll bite his flipping hand off.

Unbelievable.

Maybe so.

I think it has a lot to do with the difference in wages between him and Miller as to why the better player has been let go. However, i honestly can't see JOC cementing a starting 11 place in the team next season, he'll be used as cheap back up and i'm fully expecting a new CM pairing to come in.

Guest Parky1867

Yes but Miller would not have been offered the wages he was on whilst he was here would he now.. getting on a bit and would have been offered a much cheaper deal. O'Connor might be cheap, but he is sh*t- just because he is cheap doesn't mean we have to retain him

Exactly, no qualms about not retaining Miller, ageing, injury prone and a high earner, makes sense to get rid, but that doesn't automatically mean we have to keep O'Connor.

Hopefully he will be offered a better contract at another club and will therefore turn ours down.

The tears and dodgy clap were a double bluff !!!!!!

In fairness we are only putting the ball in Buxtons court.. He may already be all but signed up somewhere else.

As for JOC, no problems retaining him as a squad player as I was fully expecting us to start next season with two new centre midfielders anyway. Miller is too expensive to keep as a bit part player..

So our next seasons midfield currently looks like this;

JOC - Megsons boy who runs around chasing shadows, only good enough as a back up!

Palmer - untried, but at least the boy has talent.

Coke - clearly out of favour, despite being our best midfielder, If he goes and JOC stays well ffs is all i can say.

Potter - nothing needs to be said about him.

So if we are to have 5 central midfielders then thats only 1 to come in despite 2 clearly not being good enough, 1 untried and 1 out of favour!

Midfield has been our downfall all season. We got the defence sorted if we can retain R Jones and Buxton, with the exception of a new LB. The forwards are good enough to get the goals as long as we re-sign Mellor.

A better midfield would help us defend better and create more chances!

I think he's got it about right as we will be keeping O'Connor & Palmer as back up midfielders behind 2 new signings possibly Oakley & Law from Millers i'd be happy with that.

Potter will be of loaded on a free along with Heffernan, Morrison & Teale.

Hopefully get small amount of cash for Spurr & i'd personally be tempted to let Beevers or Johnson go if we could get 250k for em.

Sign Centre Half, Left Back, 2 Centre Midfielders mentioned, LW & 2 Strikers

Battling midfielder an joc dont go in same sentence.headless chicken an joc does.he is utter garbage yeah u can see the determination but there is no ability there to back it up.he is terrible too small t win any headers an is too slow to get close to a player to make a challenge.